Cornwall Football Forum

Tough month for Saltash

With Johnny Morris in the center of midfield, they will struggle. Need somebody who will sit in there while Gavin Coulton roams, and does what he does best. Morris isnt the answer. Not fit enough, carrying alot of weight compared to previous seasons. need to recruit in the middle of the park and get a quality right winger in as doddridge doesnt cut the mustard either. just my opinion from watching saltash week in week out

I am not going to "write off" the season after the defeat against Falmouth town in the Throgmorton Cup. Yes it was disappointing, but not despondent.

To challenge for honours, we do need strength in depth, which I feel we don't have at the moment.

Young Luke Doddridge may not be the "real deal" at the moment, but he has done well this season. Made a couple of mistakes on Monday, but never gave up and is growing in body strength.

This midfield does give cause for some concern, as Gavin Coulton needs the support of a Danny Lewis.

Gav is a superb player, but since being paired with morris is afraid to push on as morris has no positional sense and doesnt hold when Gav goes forward. Coulton needs a new partner in there. in all honesty, Morris would be ideal as a squad player, but as cover for our right back. Nice lad, but nice lads dont win you football games. Needs to be addressed Mr Dudley and Mr Hendy

Gav is a superb player, but since being paired with morris is afraid to push on as morris has no positional sense and doesnt hold when Gav goes forward. Coulton needs a new partner in there. in all honesty, Morris would be ideal as a squad player, but as cover for our right back. Nice lad, but nice lads dont win you football games. Needs to be addressed Mr Dudley and Mr Hendy

To be honest, i think this is a bit harsh on Morris, He is a solid player and will give you a 7/10 every week. He will never have a nightmare but most likely would never win you a game. From what i'v seen i think morris is the type of player that SALTASH need......not Coulton, after all it isn't about him its about the Club. Coulton has been bang average for a number of years now so maybe the problem lies with him. Am i right in thinking Saltash are an improved team from last year ??.... with new players such as morris and zalick they must be doing something right.

To be honest, i think this is a bit harsh on Morris, He is a solid player and will give you a 7/10 every week. He will never have a nightmare but most likely would never win you a game. From what i'v seen i think morris is the type of player that SALTASH need......not Coulton, after all it isn't about him its about the Club. Coulton has been bang average for a number of years now so maybe the problem lies with him. Am i right in thinking Saltash are an improved team from last year ??.... with new players such as morris and zalick they must be doing something right.

i think you have just answered your own question there dont you?....Gav is a match winner and has proved that year in year out with important goals and performances during crucial games, Morris "would never win you a game". i think that says it all really. I dont agree that Morris is a squad player, he deserves to be playing week after week, but maybe flatters him to be a regular in the Saltash team. I dont feel its fair to compare Morris to Coulton as there would only be one winner in my eyes.

i think you have just answered your own question there dont you?....Gav is a match winner and has proved that year in year out with important goals and performances during crucial games, Morris "would never win you a game". i think that says it all really. I dont agree that Morris is a squad player, he deserves to be playing week after week, but maybe flatters him to be a regular in the Saltash team. I dont feel its fair to compare Morris to Coulton as there would only be one winner in my eyes.

Saltash won last Saturday at Falmouth without either starting the match!

• 3 weeks later...

Poor month results wise, can't see a top five finish now. I'd say top two Bodmin & Buckland. Third, fourth and fifth between Launceston Falmouth & Parkway. Sixth place between Saltash, Liskeard & St Austell. If Buckland take promotion then I can see one team, Royal Maines, getting relegated. March 31st St Blazey v Royal Marines, will this be the decider. Maybe the result will send ol' Blazey down.

he'd walk into the parkway midfield!!!

I do think there is another place up for grabs to strengthen this area . He is no where as near as good as Shane Krac , However , I do not think he is any better than the rest of the players we already have. So have to disagree with you there midfield8 ????

.....ah but a midfield containing Krac and Coulton together....now that would be useful.

I do think there is another place up for grabs to strengthen this area . He is no where as near as good as Shane Krac , However , I do not think he is any better than the rest of the players we already have. So have to disagree with you there midfield8 ????

.....ah but a midfield containing Krac and Coulton together....now that would be useful.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm possibly

hmmmmmmmmmmmm possibly

As for your original post BALD ONE. Coulton has had Bodmin, Falmouth and Buckland all chasing his signature for the past few seasons, so i would classify them as top teams, along with Parkway, and in my opinion, he would easilly sit comfortably in all of those squads. The lads loyal, which is an attribute missing in many of the SWL top players. Many move club to chase money but on numerous occasions he has been offered double what he earns at saltash, and for declinning that, i think the lad deserves massive credit. If the budget wasnt at Parkway, do you really think those players would stay loyal??????

hmmmmmmmmmmmm possibly

As for your original post BALD ONE. Coulton has had Bodmin, Falmouth and Buckland all chasing his signature for the past few seasons, so i would classify them as top teams, along with Parkway, and in my opinion, he would easilly sit comfortably in all of those squads. The lads loyal, which is an attribute missing in many of the SWL top players. Many move club to chase money but on numerous occasions he has been offered double what he earns at saltash, and for declinning that, i think the lad deserves massive credit. If the budget wasnt at Parkway, do you really think those players would stay loyal??????

I would be naive to disagree there .

I have to agree with red and hairy on this one, Gav is a highly regarded player and i have seen him play on countless occassions this season and he hasn't produced a consistant 90 minute performance. On saturday vs Bodmin at home he started the game well but then ended up lunging in doing a horrific tackle where he should of been sent off. I hope he has a better end to the season. :SM_carton: