Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St.Austell Floodlights started!

I've heard that trenches are dug, and lights should be up and running by end of the month! Nothing like a good evening game under lights! Should draw in some pretty impressive crowds with NOTHING else to do in St.Austell on a Friday night! Will be amazing to finally watch St.Austell competing in the Vase and FA cup. Good times ahead for St.Austell.

Great news. Congratulations to the Committee and especially Darryl Stamp for all their hard work over the last 4 years which has enabled the club to make so much progress from the sorry position of the past. I can't wait to travel down for a floodlit match sometime later in the season, maybe Liskeard at home.

Yes, Darryl in particular needs a lot of praise for his hard work in this regard. He rarely sees much of any home games due to helping man the main gate then doing other jobs whilst his wife is one of the ladies who do such a good job in the tea hut. Well done Darryl and the rest of the committee. :clapper:

By the way Bushy12, Town did compete in the Vase and FA Cup for several seasons in the 80's and into the early 90's but had to stop when the rules about floodlights came in.

Tony. Correct a covered stand behind the Town end is certainly on my agenda.

Also Goosefish, the prices as far as I am aware will not be increased for our supporters for floodlit games. I am sure the increased attendance will more than cover the cost.

Cost of the floodlights is approx £30.00 for 2 hours of use.

Thank you again to all our sponsors who have helped over the past few years.

AFC St Austell is on the up!!!

MM

Great news. Congratulations to the Committee and especially Darryl Stamp for all their hard work over the last 4 years which has enabled the club to make so much progress from the sorry position of the past. I can't wait to travel down for a floodlit match sometime later in the season, maybe Liskeard at home.

Yes, Darryl in particular needs a lot of praise for his hard work in this regard. He rarely sees much of any home games due to helping man the main gate then doing other jobs whilst his wife is one of the ladies who do such a good job in the tea hut. Well done Darryl and the rest of the committee. :clapper:

By the way Bushy12, Town did compete in the Vase and FA Cup for several seasons in the 80's and into the early 90's but had to stop when the rules about floodlights came in.

First played in the F A Cup 1913-14 Yeovil Town 0 St.Austell 2

Just looked in at Poltair and it is great to see the pylons going up.

Going to be heavy going around the top half for standing for a while. Need 'weelies' in front of the tea hut on Saturday!!!

Fantastic effort from all those involved. Never thought i would see the day.

Do you mean WELLIES David or just bins! LOL :thumbsup:

Anyway, well done to St. Austell !

Just looked in at Poltair and it is great to see the pylons going up.

Going to be heavy going around the top half for standing for a while. Need 'weelies' in front of the tea hut on Saturday!!!

Fantastic effort from all those involved. Never thought i would see the day.

Do you mean WELLIES David or just bins! LOL :thumbsup:

Anyway, well done to St. Austell !

Perhaps 'suitable footwear' would have been more appropriate. !!!

Congrats to everyone involved. Having been up there myself, its starting to look extremely impressive.

I had the pleasure of a catch up with Daryl Stamp last week and the pure passion pouring out of the man with St Austell FC is unreal. He deserves alot of respect for this.

I encourage anybody to do what they can to support their local clubs (it doesnt always have to be money). Yes we all get grief for saying we support Arsenal or Man Utd when we are down here, but this is the likes of the clubs that we should be supporting (aswell as the big clubs) and making a difference for.

Well done everyone @ the club.

This is a massive step forward, no doubt about that. But has anybody else noticed a distinct LACK of midweek fixtures in the SWPL recently?

Probably because of the time of the year isn't it? What with County cup replays likely, but more importantly the weather can be pretty horrid towards midweek evening games this time of the season! :ninja:

Piran Films will hope to cover the fixture with Dave Deacon commentating and Glynn Hooper summarising. We're looking forward to the event.

whys glynn summarising????that job shud of been given 2 1 of the commitee members thats put all the hard work in-like darryl stamp or john elliott not some1 that has nothing 2 do with the club?????

Piran Films will hope to cover the fixture with Dave Deacon commentating and Glynn Hooper summarising. We're looking forward to the event.

whys glynn summarising????that job shud of been given 2 1 of the commitee members thats put all the hard work in-like darryl stamp or john elliott not some1 that has nothing 2 do with the club?????

They'll be too busy on the night goosefish. Anyway they deserve the limelight by being seen out and about the ground, rather than tucked away in the stand!