Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth parkway

The buzz at today's game is that Danny Zalick is not coming .

I like Ben Joyce a lot , but I do not think he is natural goalscorer and has many other facets to his game , comparing him to Andy Sargent or Chris Wright is like comparing marmalade to tomato ketchup . Both really good things , but doing different jobs .

Sam Stevens, on the other hand, does look like he is a potentially useful player buried in a complete lack of form and confidence who is possibly a little out of his depth at the moment . In my opinion , a run of games in the ECPL side where he could get a goal or two and become comfortable in his position would probably do him a world of good .

Not privvy to all the reasons behind the departures of Sargent and Wright , but I have thought since this that we have lacked a real goal poaching striker who likes playing on the last man's shoulder .

Sounds like Gez and Wayne are attempting to address this ,but I guess that clubs who have these are not going to let them go easily.

• 2 weeks later...

The buzz at today's game is that Danny Zalick is not coming .

I like Ben Joyce a lot , but I do not think he is natural goalscorer and has many other facets to his game , comparing him to Andy Sargent or Chris Wright is like comparing marmalade to tomato ketchup . Both really good things , but doing different jobs .

Sam Stevens, on the other hand, does look like he is a potentially useful player buried in a complete lack of form and confidence who is possibly a little out of his depth at the moment . In my opinion , a run of games in the ECPL side where he could get a goal or two and become comfortable in his position would probably do him a world of good .

Not privvy to all the reasons behind the departures of Sargent and Wright , but I have thought since this that we have lacked a real goal poaching striker who likes playing on the last man's shoulder .

Sounds like Gez and Wayne are attempting to address this ,but I guess that clubs who have these are not going to let them go easily.

So it seems Zallick is in - let's hope he turns out to be the 'real goal poaching striker' - but on the downside reportedly Jimmy Alexander has gone.

I watch most of the Parkway evening games and in my opinion the current side still need a couple of quality additions to get back to last season's standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Must admit to being a bit worried about the way the season seems to be going at Parkway .

Back in August I really had high hopes that , with the quality of players we brought in , we would push on from last season .

Hasn't quite worked out like this ,indeed I'm not sure where we would be without Glyn Hobbs' goals .

When you consider that we still have to play Buckland,Bodmin,Falmouth and Launceston both home and away , I am not overly confident of even finishing in the top half .

This is tragic does show some unrest in the parkway camp. although players come and players go can't help feeling that some parts of the squad from last season were changed where they didnt need to and has shown this during this season big names come in and egos go wild and don't perform as maybe they should . I'm sure this will calm down eventually.

This is tragic does show some unrest in the parkway camp. although players come and players go can't help feeling that some parts of the squad from last season were changed where they didnt need to and has shown this during this season big names come in and egos go wild and don't perform as maybe they should . I'm sure this will calm down eventually.

We are not the only club like this in the current season. Players come and players go. We have a lot of very tough games coming up and it will be interesting to see if the lads can up their game and aim for a top 4 spot. The weather is not helping , as we are not consistantly playing week in week out. Away to Liskeard today and the new lad Richards may be available. Hobbs, Zalick and Richards up front options - looks promissing. I think we need to give Kracy some help in the middle still. We are miising Doleys engine / work rate - hope he is back today Cmon - Parkway :drink: