Cornwall Football Forum

Darren hicks

So if Mr Carey happens to view this subject, is there any truth in Darren Hicks leaving Falmouth to rejoin Saltash United or is this just a malicious rumour?

its defo just a rumour the boss also "rumoured" that Adam bance was joining elburton oh and he also "rumoured" that gav coulton was joining bodmin town sounds 2 me like he is just trying 2 wind people up#nothingbetter2do

From a pretty good source, yes Darren Hicks is returning to Saltash United.

You are the source mr hendy as is your assistant mr dudley. As you said in your first reply you would welcome his return.

"Mr Cornwall", please be very sure of your facts before you make statements such as this. You are so very wrong, I am neither Kevin Hendy or Stuart Dudley.

I have been watching/supporting Saltash United for over 40 years, long, long before either Kevin or Stuart became involved with the club.

I could reveal my full name, but really why should I?

To state that I am either Kevin Hendy or Stuart Dudley, accuses them of making comments on here, that I have made!!! That is totally unfair on both of them.

The comments I make, are mine and mine alone.

Pastyman, interested to know why you think Shane will follow? I see Shane probably 3 /4 times a week and he always keeps football issues close to his chest. Im always giving him a bit of banter, but he dosen't let on much!! Why do you think players are leaving or wanting to leave Falmouth? Good result against Callington and 2nds picked up a point at a difficult place to go Probus.

Just a thought MEX.

With Darren Hicks and Shane White having played together ar Torpoint Athletic under Stuart Dudley, could they both end up at Saltash United.

It may not happen, but just a thought.

Why players are leaving Falmouth Town or wanting to leave, I have no idea. Are there any more players looking to leave there?

I guess if a player lives in the Plymouth area, Falmouth is a pain to travel to each home game. Money isn't everything.

Pastyman, not quite sure where Shane would play. Hes played at Centreback for Falmouth but prefers Centre mid! Good signing for any team. As a Tavy follower aswell, might give Southy a call and try and tap him up!! Saltash 1st got enough players!!

OK, So Darren Hicks is looking to sign for Saltash once he is released by Falmouth. A shame as he is a good player, but if he decides to move on for one reason or another, so be it. As for Shane White, I believe he has ambition to play at a higher level and as Falmouth have shown their intent to progress if possible, why would he want to go to Saltash who do not have any ambition to move up the pyramid at present?

It will be interesting to see who does make the leap, but good luck to who ever it is. Let's hope that another Peninsula Premier League team does the same next year, always assuming that the FA do not extend the Western League any further "up country" and make it financially impossible for clubs from Cornwall/West Devon to progress.

Oh, and before the speculators start guessing who I am, the name is Charles Fittus and I support Falmouth Town.

Quietman, I hope Falmouth are able to progress and play at a higher level. Only discussing Shane as abit of banter with Pastyman. The more clubs playing at a higher level the better as far as im concerned. Always enjoyed visiting Falmouth, great pitch and good clubhouse.

Pastyman, not quite sure where Shane would play. Hes played at Centreback for Falmouth but prefers Centre mid!

He's been played at right back since Chris Menhenick has come into the team, although he played up front for most of the game today after James Miller was crocked. Scored a good headed winner too. (He did swap positions with centre back Lee Rundle for the last five minutes of ET due to Lee being injured though).

Pastyman, not quite sure where Shane would play. Hes played at Centreback for Falmouth but prefers Centre mid!

He's been played at right back since Chris Menhenick has come into the team, although he played up front for most of the game today after James Miller was crocked. Scored a good headed winner too. (He did swap positions with centre back Lee Rundle for the last five minutes of ET due to Lee being injured though).

i thought shane had played the last two games at r/b previous to that at c/b with either chris or lee, the other time he went r/b was when bodmin beat falmouth 5-1 surprised to hear he filled in up top yesterday

i thought shane had played the last two games at r/b previous to that at c/b with either chris or lee, the other time he went r/b was when bodmin beat falmouth 5-1 surprised to hear he filled in up top yesterday

Town are down to the bear bones up front. Ian Hodges was there but obviously unfit. I know Shane played with Chris Menhenick at the back recentley whenLee Rundle was unfit but I think that pair would have been the centre back choice otherwise.

Town are down to the bear bones up front. Ian Hodges was there but obviously unfit. I know Shane played with Chris Menhenick at the back recentley whenLee Rundle was unfit but I think that pair would have been the centre back choice otherwise.

not for me, chris and lee are too similiar both big ball winning c/backs but not really blessed with pace, but hey everybody has thier own opinions