Cornwall Football Forum

Saturdays scores - January 14th 2012

Vospers Oak Villa 6-1 St Dennis

Saints goalscorer:

Lee Rickard AKA - Burgernose.

Sorry Laffs!!!! Vospers just proved to be too good!!! All the best for the season to Vospers........very good side!

Thank you for your compliments Santini. I feel we were worthy of the three points yesterday. I think we scored at important times which took the wind out of your sails a bit. If a couple of your chances had gone in just after half time then it may have been a different game. I believe your league position doesn't do you any justice and sure you will soon start moving up the table.

Vospers Oak Villa 6-1 St Dennis

Saints goalscorer:

Lee Rickard AKA - Burgernose.

Sorry Laffs!!!! Vospers just proved to be too good!!! All the best for the season to Vospers........very good side!

Really Ricks? Vospers are not a very good side.......poor comment

oh dear Foz. Looking at you posting time, perhaps the beer has gone to your head a little.ha ha. I presume your are referring to your victory over us in the Devon cup???? Undoubtedly you were the better team on the day and thoroughly deserved your victory. I have no qualms about that. On that day my team were very poor and put in the worst display i have seen at Vospers in my 3 years there. If you are going to judge us on one game, then that is very naive of you. Man Utd lost to Palace in the cup, does that make them a poor side?

Apart from this one result, i have been very pleased with how our season is going. One defeat in the league this season with a couple of games in hand on the teams above us. It would be great to really push the firm favourites Newquay for the league.

John the baptist, he is going to say Vospers are not a good side Foz06 plays at the back for Parkway Res. They had their best result of the season against a Vospers team that were awful on the day.

Vospers were outclassed on the day, Parkway Res have played better teams in the ECPL.

I think Santini and St Dennis would agree with me in saying that going from ECPL into SWPL West is a step up. I managed Saltash reserves in which we finished runners up and won the supplementary cup, beating Parkway Reserves 3-1 (yep Foz i had to drop that in!!!). The following season i took the whole squad to Vospers. I added some good players to that squad like Tony Bouch and Austen Beeney and only managed to finish 12th. I found there was a distinct gulf between the two leagues.

I don't know the ins and outs but if Parkway 1st team were to be promoted to the Western league, then i would welcome an application from their Reserves to join SWPL West. Dont know if that would be a possibility.

I wish Parkway all the best for the rest of the season.

Good result yesterday Martin keep it going till rest of the season. Top 2 looking good

i love it how all the parkway lads give it large on here cos they beat vospers in the cup. one swallow doesnt make a summer boys, teams have off days etc. look at united when they won league years ago they lost to newcastle 5-0 and southampton 6-3 but still won the league!!!!!! only recently lost to blackburn?? anyone expect that!

truth is theres a few players playing for parkway seconds who should step up! Worthy being one of them, why play lower when u can challenge yourself. (big fish in a small pond).

Best of it is Parkway seconds have never won the P&D prem when they where in it let alone the East corn prem. DREAMERS

i love it how all the parkway lads give it large on here cos they beat vospers in the cup. one swallow doesnt make a summer boys, teams have off days etc. look at united when they won league years ago they lost to newcastle 5-0 and southampton 6-3 but still won the league!!!!!! only recently lost to blackburn?? anyone expect that!

truth is theres a few players playing for parkway seconds who should step up! Worthy being one of them, why play lower when u can challenge yourself. (big fish in a small pond).

Best of it is Parkway seconds have never won the P&D prem when they where in it let alone the East corn prem. DREAMERS

looking good to win the ecpl this season tho Al

so was kev keegan newcastle all those yrs ago.......

bet Torpoint do it AGAIN

Could not call Kevin Keegan a manager, why live on the past re Man u. They are not that good this season. Reckon they will finish 3rd behind Spurs.

Regarding Parkway, reckon it will be a close call on who wins ECPL. Sticker are finished. It will be between Parkway and Torpoint, Parkway to pip them by 1 point

i hardly ever write on this forum. if i knew how i could change my user name i would. (any help would be appreciated!) anyway as this al capone bloke has used me (worthy) as an example i thought id write something. i played swpl for 3-4 years and had a great few years and then come the end i wasnt enjoying my football. people will say ive only played for parkway. yes, because i enjoy playing with my mates and i just want to play football. id rather play than sit on a bench and pick up £20, £30, £40 or whatever ( like i did for the 1st team this saturday!). ill never rule out playing swpl again. regarding the vospers game, we took our chances and played well they didnt take their chances and didnt play well as their gaffer has already said, you get games like that every week whatever standard. i agree with martin burgess` comment totally (including fozzy having a few beers lol). al capone, i couldnt care less if we havent won the p&d or ecpl but we`re in a good position to try and do it this season. al capone, who ever you are and who ever you play for, have a good season.

it would be good if people used their real names instead of hiding behind a made up name!

Just to confirm as my initial post was written after a few birthday beers. I am not coming on here given it the large one as you put it al capone, but to clarify and put it to bed, I don't think they are a very good side, but that does not mean I don't think they are good. Maybe I should have added that in the first place, would have prevented a few people having a major bite. All the best Martin.

This has all been blown out of proportion I think guys! I came on here only to give a quick summary of the game and its just spiralled into a completely different subject! As for the SouthWest Peninsular league being a poor standard is rediculous.....we (St Dennis) won the league last season and have came up to the SW league with the same side all-be-it with a couple of good signings to improve the squad and were still strugglin to compete.....this just proves that the league we r in now is a lot better than the ECPL. U could go out on a saturday against the weaker teams in the East Cornwall, not play well and still get a convincing win but in this league, the lower teams can take points off the higher teams.....as proven in the past, we took points off Newquay at their place then went on to lose to Wadebride (no distresect, Wadebridge are doin superb under new management) so the standard is of a good quality. Vospers are a very good side as they have proven this season.....no1 goes to Newquay and beats them 3-1 with the side Newquay have there. I feel that the game against Parkway was just an off day for Vospers. This should be the end of the matter now. All the best to every1 for the season =)

I stand by my comment of the SWPl is of a poor standard these days, if you saw some of the teams and players of circa 20 years ago you would understand. Vosers are an average team in a poor league. Burgess has done a good job with by all accounts limited resources though so fair play to them.

For the record, I think Torpoint will win the ecpl, Parkway have too many games in hand and will end up playing the inevitable 4 or 5 games a week at the end of the season.

I agree that the old SouthWestern league is of a better standard than this one but I still feel that this league is of a good quality....there's a lot of good players in this league. I also agree with u about Torpoint winning the league......they are a great side, one of the best I've played against as I've stated before. Anyway.........let's leave it at that and every1 just enjoy the rest of their seasons =)

Vospers would batter parkway 9 times out of 10 they got lucky on the day vospers very good side parkway res average

Got lucky on the day? Hardly call a 4-0 spanking 'lucky'!! Doubt you were even there as you clearly play for Bere Alston, which would explain the bitterness towards Parkway as they ALWAYS beat u ;)

It's fair to say that Torpoint and Parkway 2nds should be both be playing in a higher league, but because of daft rulings can't. Maybe if they did it would give perennial mid table finishers like Bere Alston a chance.

Vospers would batter parkway 9 times out of 10 they got lucky on the day vospers very good side parkway res average

Got lucky on the day? Hardly call a 4-0 spanking 'lucky'!! Doubt you were even there as you clearly play for Bere Alston, which would explain the bitterness towards Parkway as they ALWAYS beat u ;)

It's fair to say that Torpoint and Parkway 2nds should be both be playing in a higher league, but because of daft rulings can't. Maybe if they did it would give perennial mid table finishers like Bere Alston a chance.

Mid table Bere Alston could well do you a big favour on Saturday !

Have to agree with Foz06. In my opinion, Vospers are bang average, as is the league they play in. I feel that the golf between the east cornwall leagues and the west league has been closed over the past few seasons. Parkway convincingly beat Vospers (facts and results dont lie) and i feel that they would do extemely well in that league week in, week out.

As for the comment about players stepping up to the first team, what a load of garbage. If you are enjoying your football, thats all that matters, whatever league or standard it may be. What alot of people fail to realise is that players such as Foz, Worthy, Evo and Andy Harris, see football as a hobbie, and arent bothered about the "money" side of things. Im sure those lads would rather play 90 minutes on a saturday for the east cornwall side, than travel the length of cornwall to sit on a bench.

midfield 8 are you Audley Harrison cos you need a alarm clock son you talking alot of waffle.

yes you won a cup game against vospers doesnt mean your a better side?? how many times do you see upsets in the F.A Cup?

smaller teams up there game (biggest game of season) and bigger sides struggle to get motivated etc. it happens! next your be saying the parkway shandy boys could beat newquay away? its no fluke Vospers have only lost once in the league lads.

just accept it Ecpl is mickey mouse. until you have won it pipe down.

you got what 3 decent sides you, Torpoint, Sticker. the league above has many Newquay, VoV, Penyrn, Helston, Godolphin. even sides like Plymstock and Cally are good on there own patch.

Al Capone, i find it rather amusing you calling a team that hammered you "shandy boys", and for the record, i dont play for parkway, but have watched them on a number of occasions this year. This forum is about peoples views and opinions, in which many will differ, However by calling teams "dreamers" and referring to leagues as "mickey mouse", lets be honest, will only get peoples backs up. Oh.... and by the grammar used in your last post, are you sure your not Audley Harrison!?!

As my previous post states, IN MY OPINION Parkway would do well in the west league. I'm pretty sure that Martin Burgess would love to have a few of the Parkway players amoungst his ranks too, as they have alot of quality.

Throgmorton Cup

Bodmin 2 Plymouth Parkway 1

Nearly,but not quite for Parkway . Undone by a Bodmin Town side that just seem to know how to win key matches .

Parkway started the brighter , but it was a case of almost but not quite , we looked brighter and sharper in the early stages with Dennis Mason, Glyn Hobbs, Shane Krac and Ben Joyce prominent, but moves always seemed to breakdown before efforts could be made at goal .

Bodmin slowly gained the ascendancy down the slope as the half went on,and scored via a wickedly deflected shot from about 10 yards out .Parkway did dig their own grave though by repeatedly failing to clear the ball from the area .

In a mirror image of the first half , Parkway came out strongest after the interval and had the majority of the play . This was eventually rewarded when Krac powered in a header from 6 yards off the underside of the bar . Parkway then turned up the pressure with Hobbs always looking a threat , but were unable to convert this into clear chances , this was except for Sam Stevens rounding the keeper and contriving to miss the target from inside the 6 yard box . Indeed , to the neutral observer , Bodmin looked like the away side at this stage .

Even after Dennis Mason being sent off for a two footed challenge(not disputing the dismissal , or in any way condoning Mason's reaction afterwards , but the way the player stayed down,and the Bodmin bench leaping up as one was probably unwarranted),the match went in this vein , but the feeling of the inevitable went through me as the game edged towards extra time and , sure enough , Bodmin began to fashion chances through the luxury of the extra player.Cuminating in a Bodmin player breaking free on the left hand side and cutting in to send a right footed shot beyond Martin Piper .

No complaints really with the result , we feel like a side at the minute that does not have a lot of goals in it . We got on top of todays match for long periods , but I cannot recall their keeper being tested on many occasions . We also continue to look like a side that has the potential for sendings off and bookings , this was summed up by the conversation I had with a Bodmin fan afterwards "you play good football , but you also play right on the edge with your tackling. " Sides like Bodmin who are always in the referees faces will exploit this .

One final note , the matchday magazine was probably the best of the season so far . Superb read for £1.00

I also went along to watch the game, and agree with most of your comments. What does make me curious is I witnessed Miller approach a gentleman in a suit asking if he was the referee for the game, to which he confirmed. On that Miller as if he could have a word, the referee, Miller and another bloke went into the referee's changing room. The linemen where on the pitch at the time.... makes you wonder what that was all about and went on in there !!!!!