Cornwall Football Forum

Pricey at Dartmouth!

Now I know that a fiver is not a huge amount of money these days, but I was surprised to find Dartmouth charging this much today.

Is this a case of unnecessary greed or a wise move to try and raise extra funds for the club in a difficult time?

Apart from Royal Marines, today was the lowest attendance (just 30) I have ever seen for a SWPL Premier game, so perhaps it would make more sense to keep admission charges lower and encourage locals to come and support?

Apart from this slight negative, I found Dartmouth to be a very welcoming and friendly club. My chips and cup of tea were excellent and reasonably priced.

Now I know that a fiver is not a huge amount of money these days, but I was surprised to find Dartmouth charging this much today.

Is this a case of unnecessary greed or a wise move to try and raise extra funds for the club in a difficult time?

Apart from Royal Marines, today was the lowest attendance (just 30) I have ever seen for a SWPL Premier game, so perhaps it would make more sense to keep admission charges lower and encourage locals to come and support?

Apart from this slight negative, I found Dartmouth to be a very welcoming and friendly club. My chips and cup of tea were excellent and reasonably priced.

I'm sure I will corrected if I'm wrong but I thought it was a fixed price of £4 for swpl games

I'm sure I will corrected if I'm wrong but I thought it was a fixed price of £4 for swpl games

I checked with a higher authority as I also thought this was the case, but apparently the rules have changed and £4 is the minimum for this division and clubs are free to charge more if they wish.

Didn't want a programme!!!! I think Dartmouth have got it right, £4+ £1 for a programme to get in, some football supporters are very tight indeed, especially in these hard time when it's difficult to financially run a football club, well done to Dartmouth, you don't get large attendances often so i hope most football people agree with my view that you are not being greedy but just trying to keep Dartmouth's head above water!!!

Didn't want a programme!!!! I think Dartmouth have got it right, £4+ £1 for a programme to get in, some football supporters are very tight indeed, especially in these hard time when it's difficult to financially run a football club, well done to Dartmouth, you don't get large attendances often so i hope most football people agree with my view that you are not being greedy but just trying to keep Dartmouth's head above water!!!

It does seem petty over £1 but it's not just clubs that are feeling the pinch at the moment and also think that forcing something on you that you don't want is not a great welcome anywhere, for example if you turned up at a match and wanted a cup of tea and you were told sorry you have to buy food if you want a cup of tea sir?? Same principle you would walk away thinking cheeky gits Same as the programme some people don't want which is not a good way to intice people back to your club. Just my opinion

£5 for entry and programme was fine for me!!

Dartmouth 3v2 St Blazey.

Dartmouth took control in the first half playing with the wind and looked good for their 2-0 ht lead.

St Blazey hit back with two great strikes to make it 2-2 and looked the most likely to win it. Dartmouth looked on in shock as St Blazey poured forward.

Madly, the floodlights were never turned on and in almost complete darkness Dartmouth scored the winner. Unreal. :wacko:

The spirit to get a result is there, but we need some wins very soon. Were already heading close to Feb with no game next saturday.

Dartmouth 3v2 St Blazey.

Dartmouth took control in the first half playing with the wind and looked good for their 2-0 ht lead.

St Blazey hit back with two great strikes to make it 2-2 and looked the most likely to win it. Dartmouth looked on in shock as St Blazey poured forward.

Madly, the floodlights were never turned on and in almost complete darkness Dartmouth scored the winner. Unreal. :wacko:

The spirit to get a result is there, but we need some wins very soon. Were already heading close to Feb with no game next saturday.

That's where the other £1 is going then for some night vision goggles for the home team haha.unlucky to not get a point though paul

We played really well in the second half. The win was there with a bit more composser in front of goal.

I see from the Dartmouth program theres an artists impression of new changing rooms and a stand.

Sadly the stand is one of those rentastand outfits. Sadly the wooden shack at Dartmouth will be gone by the looks of it. Theres not many like that left anywhere and it has somin about it. Pity they couldnt move it behind the far goal. Probably not an option but would look good with a bit of tlc.

Slicdbread buy a cup of tea but must order food, i'm trying to see the link, cup of tea say 80 pence, a pasty or burger or even chips is three times the cost of a cup of tea, a programme is 25% of the entry fee. Slicedbread get off your petty high horse and support local football clubs because without them you wouldn't be able to post your boring and often stupid uninteresting petty posts.

I also agree that Dartmouth are very wise and have made an excellent decision to charge £5 which includes a programme.

I think other premier clubs should consider this, as if you spend money producing these programmes and only 10-20 buy a programme then the other 50-100 or whatever don't and the club loses on that extra pound per entry.

This would certainly boost finances and not waste money on printing more programmes than what is sold.

Dave, thats the crazy world we live in, i can see why people may think "cheek" when visiting Dartmouth but i for one can understand why Dartmouth FC charge £5 including the programme, do people really go to football on a Saturday afternoon thinking i'm only spending £4, we all know win lose or draw its a good standard of football for that price, bargain springs to mind!!

Slicdbread buy a cup of tea but must order food, i'm trying to see the link, cup of tea say 80 pence, a pasty or burger or even chips is three times the cost of a cup of tea, a programme is 25% of the entry fee. Slicedbread get off your petty high horse and support local football clubs because without them you wouldn't be able to post your boring and often stupid uninteresting petty posts.

If you want to pay for things you don't want don't it's your money.i help clubs by buying 50/50 drink food raffles because it's choice, when I'm told I have to buy something money goes back in my pocket if it were such a good idea all clubs would do it.on that thought is there other clubs out there that make you buy a match programme?

Dartmouth 3v2 St Blazey.

It is up to the referee to ask for the floodlights to be switched on. A club is not allowed to put them on during a match without his say-so. I think they can be put on before a match starts but with only the officials say-so during it.

If you want to pay for things you don't want don't it's your money.i help clubs by buying 50/50 drink food raffles because it's choice, when I'm told I have to buy something money goes back in my pocket if it were such a good idea all clubs would do it.on that thought is there other clubs out there that make you buy a match programme?

I think the argument would be that they're not forcing you to buy a programme, however admission is £5, and it includes a programme! :ninja:

Slicedbread, well done you pay £4 to get in you then buy a 50/50, you also buy a raffle ticket hmmmm!! , climb down off your higth horse, you are one of lifes stirers that believe life revolves around you, please please leave this forum and give myself and all football lovers a rest.

I think the argument would be that they're not forcing you to buy a programme, however admission is £5, and it includes a programme! :ninja:

I presumed as dan did all games were a fixed £4 entry and programmes were extra.i like to choose if to have a programme or not and would still feel as all clubs still charge £4 that really you are buying the programme.in my words £2 for a cup of tea with free bag of chips lol no one would buy that.

However it's worth the £5 without programme to sit in the old stands there a few times I dropped my keys down there and had to climb under them.

Slicedbread, well done you pay £4 to get in you then buy a 50/50, you also buy a raffle ticket hmmmm!! , climb down off your higth horse, you are one of lifes stirers that believe life revolves around you, please please leave this forum and give myself and all football lovers a rest.

Lol calm down I chose to buy it wasn't forced you sound like a football hooligan. I'm only expressing an opinion if I'm forced to pay for something I don't want I wouldn't buy anything

Slicedbread earlier you agreed with Dan Blazey in his topic about the £1 programme, i'm not a football hooligan, i am however passionate about football in both Cornwall and Devon, i love the football that the Peninsular Premier league allows me and hundreds of others to watch and support, i have no reason to calm down as i am happy with the £20 i spent at today's game. Now i don't need to see or want to read any of your silly posts, you are not needed.

Didn't want a programme!!!! I think Dartmouth have got it right, £4+ £1 for a programme to get in

Contradicting yourself now is it £5 free programme or £4 + £1 for the programme

Either way it's £1 more than anywhere else and it's only place to give you a programme it's a play of words at best and this subject wouldn't of been brought up if it wasn't noticeable what's happening and I didn't start the thread.still guess you pay £5 or not get in two choices everyone has and reckon more would turn up if it were cheaper.

I suppose that if Dartmouth's aim with the increased admission charge is to raise more funds for the club - and it achieves this aim - then it's a good thing.

However, take away Blazey contingent and Dartmouth officials yesterday, and there can't have been more than 12 locals watching. Crowds have been struggling at this level of football for a long time now, but this was truly sad to witness.

As for the referee choosing to play the last 20 minutes under the gathering gloom - just baffling. I guess it would have saved the club a few quid though.

All the best to Dartmouth for the rest of the season.

PS don't be in too much of a hurry to get rid of that old stand - it is a classic.

Its a shame that Dartmouth seem to have the rath of what is being discussed. Im sure if it was another club charging £5 then it would be on here too. So what. I watched Telford United when they played in the Vauxhall Conference and was £8 and a greater standard than Peninsula or even the Blue Square South. £3 more than what was offered at Dartmouth but that is their choice.

If you are that bothered that Dartmouth are charging £5 then do it yourself and include a programme. As I said print enough programmes that you'd sell on matchday and include it in your price.

Slicebread its good you buy 50-50, food and drink like everyone else so what is supporters problems on £1 extra, take a packed lunch if you dont want food when a pint and food comes to at least £5.

Any problems then charge £6 and offer a 50-50 and a programme. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Its a shame that Dartmouth seem to have the rath of what is being discussed. Im sure if it was another club charging £5 then it would be on here too. So what. I watched Telford United when they played in the Vauxhall Conference and was £8 and a greater standard than Peninsula or even the Blue Square South. £3 more than what was offered at Dartmouth but that is their choice.

If you are that bothered that Dartmouth are charging £5 then do it yourself and include a programme. As I said print enough programmes that you'd sell on matchday and include it in your price.

Slicebread its good you buy 50-50, food and drink like everyone else so what is supporters problems on £1 extra, take a packed lunch if you dont want food when a pint and food comes to at least £5.

Any problems then charge £6 and offer a 50-50 and a programme. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

£8 for a Conference match? Bargain! Conference footie is priced between £12 and £20 now.

I recently paid £13 at Salisbury (Conference South), much worse value than Dartmouth!

£8 was like 10 years ago but yes its about £15 quid these days so that these clubs can provide better for their club to improve which is why clubs in our region should increase prices by £1-2 so that clubs can provide better facilities and pay better quality players to help move their clubs up in the leagues if thats the route they are trying to achieve.

£5 to watch a game of football is very reasonable, throw in the programme too...... for free....... is superb value.

I guess watching Dartmouth is now very high on my agenda. :thumbsup:

Unless of course I go somewhere and pay £4, don't get a programme and save a pound that I could spend on........ :unsure: