Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin Atlantic v Falmouth Town C.Senior Cup 3rd.Rd.

Saturday 21st.January @ Godolphin Way 1-30pm ko

GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC (SWPL !W) v FALMOUTH TOWN (SWPL P)

It was 5 seasons ago that saw the only other meeting between the clubs -

2006-07 Cornwall Senior Cup 3rd.Round 13th.January 2007

GODOLPHIN ATLANTIC (ECPL) 0 FALMOUTH TOWN (SWL) 3 ht 1-0

Scorers-Andy Bowker 11m /Dave McGhee 72mH-Lee Beer 90m free kick

Godolphin-Bob Moss-Shane Hickling-Tony Mackrllar-Ritchie Taper-Phil Lowery-Kyle Brown-Tim Beedles-Mark Kershaw-Dave Moore-Lee Paxton-Aaron Dilley

Subs UsedMark Rose-Russell Milsom-Not Used-J.Bunt-Lee Haydon

Manager-Derek Martin

Falmouth-Joe Tickle-Wayne Brown (Scott Rogers)-Fergus Nevin-Wayne Hewitt-Peter Davey-Lee Beer-Carlton Farnham-Dave McGhee-Mike Roberts-Andy Bowker-Dean Tongue

Unused subs-Darren Burchell-Chris Davey-Steve Burt

Manager-Steve Massey

Referee Wyne Farrow (Camborne)

Assistants- Paul and Ben Minns (Camborne)

Where are they now? None of the Falmouth contingent are now with the club

What abot Godolphin?

Feel free to use any material for Saturdays match day programme

Mike, going back to around 1990 maybe 1991. Falmouth played St Agnes in the Senior Cup at St Agnes. Would have been around January 6th if memory serves me right. Falmouth won 4-0 I think.

Any details on that game from yourself? I understand there was a decent crowd up there watching too.

Darren-I should be able to find that programme/newspaper report now that I have sorted all into their seasons.

What I remember from that game was the entrance fee was about a quarter of what we were use to at Falmouth and there were young lassies selling raffle tickest for the St.Agnes club which easily sold well.

A brilliant ploy by the "Aggies" ie Minimum receipts for the County and big profit for the club.

1989-90 St.Agnes 0 Falmouth 4 also 1990-91 Falmouth 3 St.Agnes 1

I will check out for you in due course

Mike, going back to around 1990 maybe 1991. Falmouth played St Agnes in the Senior Cup at St Agnes. Would have been around January 6th if memory serves me right. Falmouth won 4-0 I think.

Any details on that game from yourself? I understand there was a decent crowd up there watching too.

Saturday January 6th.1990 Cornwall Senior Cup 4th Round @ Enys Park 2-30pm ko

St. AGNES 0 FALMOUTH TOWN 4 ht 0-2

Scorers-Gary Wignall.(H)11min-Mark Rapsey 21min-Tommy Matthews-Neil Phillips(H) (2 goals within 4minutes of the restart)

St.Agnes

Martyn Kimmins-Andy Keast-Barry Mills-Lester Thomas-Stuart Lenton-Chris Thomas-Paul Allen-Kevin Williams-Richard Carr-Steve Aplin-Nigel Oates-Subs Paul Eudon-John Allen

Falmouth Town

John Dent-Andy Duncan-Duncan Powell(Timmy Allen)-Jerry Collins-Dave Gardner-Tommy Matthews-Neil Phillips(Paul Murray)-George Torrance©-Chris Long-Mark Rapsey-Gary Wignall Unused Subs Paul Kneebone-Damien Stevens-Kevin Burleigh

Referee John H Griffin -Saltash Linemen M.G.Murray/T.H.Down

The attendance was described as the biggest ever at Enys Park (i will try and find out from the F T club records)

The programme notes gave mention of Substitute Paul Eudon who if played would have made 500 appearances for St.Agnes.

Sunday Independent Team of the day for defeating Torpoint in the 3rd.round

Thanks for that Mike, the date is as I remembered.

Some good names from the past there, Paul Allen was a class act in centre midfield. Eudy went on to make loads more appearances for St Agnes, both for the first team and the second team, played till he was about 50 I think.

Would be great to think that the four Falmouth goals were mistakes by Kimmo!!