Cornwall Football Forum

Saturdays SWPL Results

Saltash 2 Bofmin 3

A tasty encounter with 'new boy' Hicks scoring a brace, including one direct from a corner. In reality, both teams had chances to win the game, with Bodmin converting their chances. On other days with a different ref, Gav Coulton could have been sent off for a reckless challenge. Bodmin player goes down, apparently mortally wounded, and 5 mins later, he is zipping down the wing in full health, how many times have we seen that.

It was nice to see Darren Gilbert leading by example, by getting sent to the stand within 20 mins!!!!

Saltash 2 Bofmin 3

A tasty encounter with 'new boy' Hicks scoring a brace, including one direct from a corner. In reality, both teams had chances to win the game, with Bodmin converting their chances. On other days with a different ref, Gav Coulton could have been sent off for a reckless challenge. Bodmin player goes down, apparently mortally wounded, and 5 mins later, he is zipping down the wing in full health, how many times have we seen that.

It was nice to see Darren Gilbert leading by example, by getting sent to the stand within 20 mins!!!!

A good match, which could have really gone either way.

Not much of a punishment for Darren Gilbert, as he sat or stood at front of grandstand on opposite side from "dug-outs" and direct matters from there. Should he not have been sent to dressing room?

It was great to see Darren Hicks back in a Saltash United shirt, he had a great game.

Newquay played well below the standard expected but full credit to Foxhole they totally disrupted Newquays game and without better finishing they should have least have taken a point away with them. But the ref totally spoilt the game he honestly didnt have a clue how to ref primary school refs let alone this game (no offence to primary teachers) the sending off was a shocker even the Newquay players didnt know why he was given a second yellow card

Poor game at The Mill today liskeard the winners 3-0. Have to say felt for the torpoint players as the first was a definite hand ball by the liskeard striker to control the ball before setting up his team!

And second from the penalty spot but from the far side of the pitch it looked a good tackle!

After that torpoints heads had completely dropped.

Full credit liskeard who do try to play football the right way.

St Blazey 0-1 Elburton Villa

Est crowd 75

Another very disappointing performance at home. Apparently Villa's goal was a long way offside, but we can't rely on that.

Let's hope these rumours of big money signings actually materialise.

Debut goal for Villa striker Sam Stevens signed this week from Parkway..... All the best to Blazey for the rest of the season.

St Blazey 0-1 Elburton Villa

Est crowd 75

Another very disappointing performance at home. Apparently Villa's goal was a long way offside, but we can't rely on that.

Let's hope these rumours of big money signings actually materialise.

Debut goal for Villa striker Sam Stevens signed this week from Parkway..... All the best to Blazey for the rest of the season.

What sort of goal did he score ( easy / hard ) ? He could not hit a barn door when he played for Parkway ?

The bald one. Surely it doesn't matter wat sort of goal it was. He scored a goal and got the club 3 points :S

It's nice to Know how a game is won when you can't be their to watch it or your watching your own team play especially when the goal scorer in queztion has just left your team.I think it's a valid question.some results don't tell the full story.

Launceston 0 Falmouth Town 2

Vercesi, Hodges, Magee, Devine and Pope were out injured...and of course White and Hicks have deserted the club, so on paper we looked to have a very weak squad for this fixture. You wouldn't have known it though and Town ran out deserved winners. Well played all.

Launceston 0 Falmouth Town 2

Vercesi, Hodges, Magee, Devine and Pope were out injured...and of course White and Hicks have deserted the club, so on paper we looked to have a very weak squad for this fixture. You wouldn't have known it though and Town ran out deserved winners. Well played all.

So both Darren Hicks and Shane White have "deserted" the club, as you call it. Why have they left? They have obviously their reasons for doing so.

Personally, I am not sure either enjoyed their time under Alan Carey, it if they did, there were certainly not showing it.

Saltash 2 Bofmin 3

I don't know why Darren doesn't sit in the stand from the start, would save him a few quid over the season. I wonder if Kevin Marriott will post this all over the back page of the Cornish Guardian! It's always Bodmin this and Bodmin that, when all the other teams in the same league get a couple of columns between them. After all, they haven't applied for promotion so effectively are only playing for glory at level 6! They are by far the best team in Cornwall at this level with good facilities, so it baffles me as to why they lack ambition. After all, as quoted on the back page of last week's edition "We're ready for anything now", when obviously they're not.

Saltash 2 Bofmin 3

I don't know why Darren doesn't sit in the stand from the start, would save him a few quid over the season. I wonder if Kevin Marriott will post this all over the back page of the Cornish Guardian! It's always Bodmin this and Bodmin that, when all the other teams in the same league get a couple of columns between them. After all, they haven't applied for promotion so effectively are only playing for glory at level 6! They are by far the best team in Cornwall at this level with good facilities, so it baffles me as to why they lack ambition. After all, as quoted on the back page of last week's edition "We're ready for anything now", when obviously they're not.

I have to agree with your comments relating to the CORNISH GUARDIAN, it is always about Bodmin Town.

Re "I don't know why Darren doesn't sit in the stand from the start, would save him a few quid over the season "

Would he have to pay a pound each home game.

I've read the match report by Mr Marriott on the This is Cornwall site and comments posted here by people at the game and I'm confused It's as if he's accusing Saltash players of cheating and the officals of being homers.

Is there someone out there who was at the game and can give an accurate report

Plymstock 1-4 Helston

Charlie young

Mark goldsworthy

Terry rowe

Liam eddy

Good performance by Helston, turned up with 11 players, plus 2 keepers on the bench!

Wouldn't say Helston stood out as a top team tbh. Feel the 12th man gave helston a lot of help.

Nonetheless 3points helston, all the best for the season

Ref certainly seemed to lose it but x4 goals against and the fact that Helston controlled most of the game, I'd say plymstock were well beaten.

Yes it is!! I'm freinds with Mr Unorthodox!! You cannot tell though it's a shocking tackle though just from that still. You can merely make an assumption. If you were there it may fit into place. To be honest I'd be more worried about the size of the goal in the background. No wonder Helston scored 4!!

That picture makes it look worse.. And I'm Pretty sure I didn't hear anyone shout something along the lines of 'he's already been booked' The ball was there to be won, and it was a 50 50 challenge! Also the ref cannot score 4 goals, 2nd half helston took plymstock apart! think some of the Plymstock players should worry more about showing a bit of respect to the officials instead of swearing all the time and showing a generally awful attitude towards them, especially seeing as it was on a public park! All the best for the rest of the season.

Aberfalman. On the subject of deserting players, leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it. I think it's known as karma. That's how ashes fans felt a couple of months ago

Hicks going doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouth. TBH I was winding up Prattyman with a little trolll. Got a nibble too ;). Hicks was signed as a replacement for Craig Duff who left us earliar in the season. Players come, players go.

You may not of heard but it was said and reported by fans after the game. Yes 4 goals were scored but only 1 was created by good play. Helston had a pen given to them which bemused most people as the centre half was a few yards from the shot and was covering his face, his arms were not out or flailing around. A freekick that again bemused most as the two players were off the ball and fell over one another, no appeal from any players or signal from the linesman. (granted good freekick scored, but nonetheless it shouldnt have been available to take) Then finally a poor backpass that was a gift. All i can say is that the ref could be summed up at k.o. spending several minutes to talking to the captains for no just reason and then getting whose k.o it was wrong. My argument is how can you play against an official like that? All the best Helston!

Grant - I'll get smaller goals in when your lot come down!

Aberfalman. On the subject of deserting players, leaves a bad taste in your mouth, doesn't it. I think it's known as karma. That's how ashes fans felt a couple of months ago

Hicks going doesn't leave a bad taste in the mouth. TBH I was winding up Prattyman with a little trolll. Got a nibble too ;). Hicks was signed as a replacement for Craig Duff who left us earliar in the season. Players come, players go.

Well "ABERFALMAN", I guess you must be a FOULMOUTH Supporter!

Had a report that someone saw in the papers down in cornwall that Helston Manager Steve Taylor claimed that we (plymstock) were not sympathetic at Helston being late to the game and refusing to move the fixture timings and generaly stating that as a club we were unwelcoming on and off the pitch leaving the referee to apologise to "sid". I find this statement laughable and something that couldnt be further from the truth about Plymstock as a club

Had a report that someone saw in the papers down in cornwall that Helston Manager Steve Taylor claimed that we (plymstock) were not sympathetic at Helston being late to the game and refusing to move the fixture timings and generaly stating that as a club we were unwelcoming on and off the pitch leaving the referee to apologise to "sid". I find this statement laughable and something that couldnt be further from the truth about Plymstock as a club

Report tweeted from Falmouth Packet Newspaper:

Helston Athletic boss Sid Taylor admitted he was disappointed with Plymstock's physical approach to their match on Saturday.

Helston won the match 4-1, but Taylor was less than happy with their opponents hostile approach to the game.

Speaking to the Packet, Taylor, said: “We have got quite a young team. Most of them are 17,18 and 19 years of age and Plymstock were very physical, but the players dealt with it well.

"They picked themselves up and never complained. The referee apologised to me after the match, saying ‘he had lost control of the game in the end and perhaps he should have sent one or two of the Plymstock players off’.

“I was disappointed with Plymstock's approach to the game. We arrived their 25 minutes before kick-off and I asked the referee if we could get the game delayed slightly so we could do a proper warm up and he said that would be 'OK as long as it was fine with Plymstock'.

"But when I went to ask them they said ‘no we want you out on the pitch straight away’. That was fine, but from then on their attitude towards us was hostile. It wasn’t very good and I was disappointed.”