Cornwall Football Forum

Hilson to come home

Guest Back of the net

Guest Back of the net

The word on the street around Torpoint is that Plymouth Parkway joint manager Wayne Hilson is to become the manager at the mill next season and bring players such as Carter,White,Krac,Piper,Hicks and Matthews to the club!!!!

The word on the street around Torpoint is that Plymouth Parkway joint manager Wayne Hilson is to become the manager at the mill next season and bring players such as Carter,White,Krac,Piper,Hicks and Matthews to the club!!!!

Now what street would that be on ?

STONEHOUSE STREET?

Funny how this topic has come up as whilst I was down In plymouth yesterday watching the saltash Bodmin game this was hi topic amongst some of the spectators!

I thought myself why leave parkway but in all honest maybe Wayne would like a new challenge on his own!

He would definitely get the backing at torpoint!

It most likely is true, he accepted the job as parkway manager whilst being Tavy no2 and then stole all there players. They say history repeats itself. Unfortunately it will be the same outcome at torpoint. They'd have a potentially title winning side but wouldn't make the grade due to the amount of ego's he'd bring with him

Slicebread what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are great news for torpoint if it's true I stated a while back there needed to be someone in charge that knew players and could bring players to the club and Wayne is certainly that person.everything I have said about torpoints problems recently(and got slated for) would be put right in one swoop.its a glimmer of hope and notice a couple people already getting excited about it that put me down for stating the obvious.all I can say is good luck torpoint hope it works out.i wasn't at saltash yesterday so can't comment on speculation their.regardless to what happens I will remain a follower only.

Can't see those players leaving parkway either as THE BOLD ONE says they are a growing team and also torpoint couldn't afford to pay what parkway pay them unless there's money about all of a sudden.think Wayne would have to look elsewhere for players personally,piper may return though always was suited to torpoint and think he would be happier their. Just my 2p worth this is if it does actually happen. personally don't know about stonehouse street more like sesame street lol

Is the managerial silly season starting early this year ?

Heard lots of " I heard this from someone who knows someone who knows someone" rumours this time last season .

None of them turned out to be true .

Whatever happens clubs and teams carry on . The increasingly carousel nature of local leagues means that when the music stops , teams usually end up as weak or as strong as before , and in pretty much the same position in the league .

If players and a manager don't want to stay at Parkway , then so be it . The officials and supporters with a true feeling for the club will still be there .

After two/three years at Parkway and only bringing in one trophy with the calibre of players they have/had, I could see why Hilson would want a new challenege but I am also struggling to see how this would make a successful appointment having managed some of the leagues most industrial players and not bringing in enough trophies. Is this down to the manager or just the players and their ego's, that the club has recently come in to meltdown with players leaving. He does have the power to bring in some quality players from his background and previous clubs, but as proven, having quality players, doesn't make a quality team. However,tomorrow should be an interesting spectacle as to which dugout he walks into down The Mill.

After two/three years at Parkway and only bringing in one trophy with the calibre of players they have/had, I could see why Hilson would want a new challenege but I am also struggling to see how this would make a successful appointment having managed some of the leagues most industrial players and not bringing in enough trophies. Is this down to the manager or just the players and their ego's, that the club has recently come in to meltdown with players leaving. He does have the power to bring in some quality players from his background and previous clubs, but as proven, having quality players, doesn't make a quality team. However,tomorrow should be an interesting spectacle as to which dugout he walks into down The Mill.

Totally agree but quality players want quality money not to sure if torpoint would allow this or they would be doing it this season.

You don't even know the bloke so what's it got to do with you.

I think what's trying to be said is saying he's not happy at parkway whether true or not is best left for Wayne to decide if he wants it to be made public on here or elsewhere(could cause a rift in the parkway setup unless your saying Wayne has asked you to tell people).i tell my mates things that I know they won't tell others and they know what's to be kept private or not without saying and think this could be one of those things.

I never forgave my mate when he told my wife about me wearing her dresses and stilletoes.

There are lots of roumers on here about this who knows if it's true or not but your saying your his friend and it's true different outlook on this now for team and management.

I like Wayne remember him at torpoint few seasons ago knows his stuff but his business is his .this place is for gossip and roumers can't have the truth it's just not right lol.

It would be sad if he does decide to leave Parkway as from what I have seen he has a good rapport with the lads. Sure it is gossip trying ro rock Parkway.

What he decides to do is up to him and I am sure all will be come apparent at the end of the season.

However, If you are going to continue with this topic at least spell the guys name right its HILLSON