Cornwall Football Forum

Big Dilemna

We are now into the second half of the season and the table can now be pretty much divided into three categories ;

The contenders

The middle of the table sides

The relegation battlers .

My question is this , if you fall into the second category( and are out of all the cups ) , would you reduce your playing budget ,coast the rest of the season out and save the money for next season ? Or would you carry on as normal and build momentum for next season ? This would be the correct approach in my opinion .

I have heard of this happening in leagues higher up the pyramid , this can have the consequences of some quite strange results involving mid table sides , I am interested in other people's opinions on this .

Management and their respective clubs would certainly learn a lot from their squad if they done this at this stage of the season. But would the principle of it be fair as the club and players would've agreed individuals expenses from point of signing until the end of the season! We ALL question players loyalty, wouldn't this question clubs loyalty? Unless of course per agreed at point of signing.

Or could this be used as an incentive to drive players to achieve their clubs target at this stage of the season??