Cornwall Football Forum

Debut at Blaise Park

Poor old St Blazey!!!!!!!! And poor old Shane White!!!!!!!!

Blazey are tapping up players left, right and centre since this influx of money. Why should teams just turn a blind eye to this? There are rules and regulations which are being flaunted by them. I'm glad to see Falmouth Town making this stance.

Over the past couple of months there seems to be a lot of player movement involving the same players. What has happened to loyalty???????? I hope some managers take notice of this and not touch these players with a barge pole!!!!!!!!

"Why should teams just turn a blind eye to this? There are rules and regulations which are being flaunted..."

Tapping up players before putting in the 7 days has always gone on.

So if breaches of a law or regulation has 'always gone on', that's good reason to ignore it/not take it seriously?

By making the punishment severe, then this could at least put clubs off doing this.

What's the point of of a slap on the wrist or a £20 fine?

If clubs are found guilty of an illegal approach then hit them with a 6 week ban of playing that player for that club. Yes tapping up does go on. Players are always talking to each other but it doesn't make it right.

In the day an age of tweeting, facebook, texting etc, how on earth are you going to stop it?

No point in trying, forget it, scrap the rule.

Maybe inforce only one move per season or you have to wait a period of time before playing for another club.

If people dont talk to players, how will they ever get to no if they want to play for their club?

Your wasting time even trying to stop it.

Noticed no suggestions on how you prove it though? I'm not saying its right to flout the rules, but being realistic I just can't see how it can be prevented!

Well it's a breach of civil rules...you don't have to 'prove it' beyond a reasonable doubt.

Actually seeing as you don't think it's right to flout the rules, and you had knowledge of White's move two weeks ago, maybe you could help the CFA with their investigation? :ph34r:

One way to halt the number of players transferring from club to club is to increase the transfer fee that the clubs pay in fees to the league.

No retained lists for the summer so players can pick and choose for the start of the season but once the season has started then they are locked in to their club until a transfer window.

Two windows, last 2 weeks of October and last 2 weeks of January

Clubs can use their reserve team players if they are short until they can transfer players in during the transfer window. But transfer fee to go up to something like £100 for SWPL Premier clubs and £50 for Div 1 West or East.

Failing that a sliding scale of charges. Your first transfer in, not out, say £10, then your next £20, and so on. Thus teams that hoover up the best players will end up paying more and more.

Like the idea of transfer windows during the season . Players would possibly then think through who would they would sign for a bit more carefully . No more signing on for a big cash incentive in July , only to think better of it in September .

The only thing that would worry me would be clubs with higher budgets stockpiling players that they would not neccessarily need in order to cover all eventualities, and indeed to stop other clubs having them . This would have the affect of concentrating the better players at even fewer clubs than happens now .

Players would not be able to move on in search of getting games until the window re-opens .This would also remove the chance of a manager making a canny signing of a player that could transform the season .

I think then we would be getting into the realms of budget caps and limits on the amount of players you could register .

Alas,these would be totally unenforceable .

If people dont talk to players, how will they ever get to no if they want to play for their club?

The rule does not stop clubs talking to players.

So if club A contacts player B and says "how do you fancy playing for us for £###### per game", is this just talking or is it an illegal approach??

Over the past couple of months there seems to be a lot of player movement involving the same players. What has happened to loyalty???????? I hope some managers take notice of this and not touch these players with a barge pole!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid that loyalty costs money at this level of football.

Unfortunately in these times of austerity , if someone offers a player an extra ten or twenty pounds a week , then they probably have to take it .

You don't know their financial circumstances ( they could have been laid off or suffered a pay freeze ) .

I heard of an example of a player ( who I will not name) several years ago . He was very happy playing for this current club , but received an offer of substantially more money from a club lower down the pyramid . He did not wish to leave , but had to as he had recently laid off and had a wife and young kids to support

Unfortunately in these times of austerity , if someone offers a player an extra ten or twenty pounds a week , then they probably have to take it .

You don't know their financial circumstances ( they could have been laid off or suffered a pay freeze ) .

I heard of an example of a player ( who I will not name) several years ago . He was very happy playing for this current club , but received an offer of substantially more money from a club lower down the pyramid . He did not wish to leave , but had to as he had recently laid off and had a wife and young kids to support

Is there really that type of money being thrown around that it is enough to support a family after being laid off of work. We are talking amateur (YES AMATEUR) football here people.

Is there really that type of money being thrown around that it is enough to support a family after being laid off of work. We are talking amateur (YES AMATEUR) football here

If what i've heard on the grapevine is true, the money St Blazey are going to pay one of their new signings would pay an instalment of my mortage, so as much as it pains me to say it how can he refuse such an offer. I know someone who works at the same place as the player and the wages aren't great so surely it makes financial sense.

Is there really that type of money being thrown around that it is enough to support a family after being laid off of work. We are talking amateur (YES AMATEUR) football here people.

Clicked 'I liked this' by mistake. I didn't. It's obviously not amatuer or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If what i've heard on the grapevine is true, the money St Blazey are going to pay one of their new signings would pay an instalment of my mortage, so as much as it pains me to say it how can he refuse such an offer. I know someone who works at the same place as the player and the wages aren't great so surely it makes financial sense.

I agree. If the rumours are true you can't really blame the players. Mind you...just bar talk so could be pants. That's not what this is about though. There was no good reason for St. Blazey to flout the rules. What's the problem with going through the procedure legitimately?

Clicked 'I liked this' by mistake. I didn't. It's obviously not amatuer or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So if our clubs are not amateur any more what are they??? Because you only have Pro, Semi Pro and Amateur and for Pro and Semi Pro requires a signed contract between the club and player which then commands a transfer fee for the player to join another club if he wants to leave before his contract is up so whether you like my comment or not all our clubs at this level play AMATEUR football. :SM_carton:

So if our clubs are not amateur any more what are they??? Because you only have Pro, Semi Pro and Amateur and for Pro and Semi Pro requires a signed contract between the club and player which then commands a transfer fee for the player to join another club if he wants to leave before his contract is up so whether you like my comment or not all our clubs at this level play AMATEUR football. :SM_carton:

They may be non-contract but they are obviously not amatuer. You can keep shouting it but it makes no difference.

Not any more Dan ,

In 1974 ( or thereabouts) the FA pretty much abolished the terms " professional" and "amateur" and reclassified everybody as "players".

Previous to this leagues such as the Southern League were deemed to be professional and the Isthmian League as amateur .

A footballer could move from amateur to professional , but if they wished to move back they would have to serve a suspension period in order to regain their amateur status .

As you would imagine , this was pretty hard to enforce .

It would appear now that we have a system of players for larger non-league clubs being employed on a contract basis in which they are retained for a specified basis with documented renumeration , and non-contract players at lower levels who are supposedly paid on an expenses only basis , but in reality are on ( in some cases ) a whole lot more .

Everybody knows this , but try to speak in lowered voices when they think the inland revenue may be listening .

In some ways , not a great step forward on what we had pre-1974 .

Come on Dave Deacon time to fuel this topic again, you know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pathetic get a job.

You come on this site as Mr nice but you have a bitter side, what do you do for local football, not a lot just try and cause as much banter for your website.

I know I will get slammed for this but at least its the truth of how I feel not just made up.

You started this when you do not have a clue as to what as happened.

Come on Dave Deacon time to fuel this topic again, you know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pathetic get a job.

You come on this site as Mr nice but you have a bitter side, what do you do for local football, not a lot just try and cause as much banter for your website.

I know I will get slammed for this but at least its the truth of how I feel not just made up.

Seems to me that Mr Deacon is supporting the Falmouth town stance,which of course is the way the regulations should be upheld.

Seems to me that Mr Deacon is supporting the Falmouth town stance,which of course is the way the regulations should be upheld.

Hmmm - someone's rattled Mr Carey's cage!!

I think it was common knowledge that there was some kind of tapping-up allegation before Dave Deacon raised the question.

I can't see anything about this on the Cornwall FA website. Does anyone know if their investigation is ongoing or have they given a ruling?

1.32am ? Never a good time to post on forums when you've been on the sauce!

Blimey, Mr Carey in one his rants again.

So WHY has Shane White and Darren Hicks left Falmouth Town?