Cornwall Football Forum

Summer footy ?

Guest smashing pumpkin

Does anyone else feel its time to move the football season dates. Why not play during the summer months ? We do not have to worry about excessive heat anymore . This start stop season is becoming very frustrating.

i have thought the same before, u will get a consistant run of games, and i rather play in the sun then wind and rain.

Does anyone else feel its time to move the football season dates. Why not play during the summer months ? We do not have to worry about excessive heat anymore . This start stop season is becoming very frustrating.

So what happens if we do get an indian summer with temperatures rocking towards the 100's?

At this time of year even at Professional level games get called off.

No. No. No. never.

Completely unworkable for far too many reasons to list here.

I watched Duchy League this afternoon and I don't know what I'd do without my winter football fix.

So whats the answer to so many fixtures being cancelled and the end of the season pile up ?

More midweek games scheduled in the first half of the season. There were virtually no midweek games scheduled for December and January and the weather was fine for it.

In comparison to the last two seasons, the weather has been much kinder and as a result much fewer games have been called off. I'm not expected a large pile-up of fixtures at the end of this season.

Have to say agree with Danny Boy. Why do Clubs have floodlights, for show ? If midweek dates are available, let use them. Get aas many games played before the winter sets in, if possible, less games to worry about towards the end of the season. It is also a good money spinner for Clubs.

Certainly not afraid of change, all for it. If it benefits everyone involved in the game.

Look forward to watching many evening games between now and the end of the season.

Was there not a lot of initial opposition when Rugby League moved to the summer months ?

I am not in favour personally of moving to the summer . I do though think that things like more midweek fixtures in the early months of the season , moving all cups involving senior leagues to midweek only and even a break of few weeks in January to allow pitches to recover are all things to consider .