Cornwall Football Forum

Playing at a higher standard

Guest flick

The standard of some players in the SWPL is not all that great, some players play at just the right level for their ability. Are there many players that you could mention that could play at a higher level and just how high do you think??????

STUPID TOPIC

The standard of football here in Devon & Cornwall is very good for the level our teams play at and at times as Torpoint showed last year with a fantastic Vase run can be highlighted right across the nation. Of course teams have to bring in reserve players some times due to injuries and suspensions but if a club thinks a player is good enough and up to the standard then they play him.

99.9% of PRO'S are picked up at a young age not when they are already playing men's football.

Not sure why this is regarded as a stupid topic . Surely this is a public forum and , providing you stick within levels of decency and general consideration to others, there is no such thing as a stupid tonic .

Don't like it . Don't reply to it .

I am always interested in hearing about players at other clubs who are highly rated , but that I don't know about .

From my club ( Parkway) one player stands out , Glyn Hobbs .

Has got ability by the truckload . Should be playing at a much higher level .

Weren't people like Les Ferdinand,Cyrille Regis and Ian Wright picked up big clubs ( and went on to international careers ) after playing non-league football into their early twenties ?

Hobbs is a quality player, but his attitude and disciplinary record leaves a lot to be desired. You'll only ever have him for 2/3 of a season because of suspension. The players that have played at a higher level arent necessarily the ones that stand out in our league eg Rundle and Chitty at Barnstsple, Anthony Mason (Weymouth??), Martyn Sullivan at Dorchester.

Paul hider has made the step up this season

Not sure why this is regarded as a stupid topic . Surely this is a public forum and , providing you stick within levels of decency and general consideration to others, there is no such thing as a stupid tonic .

Don't like it . Don't reply to it .

I am always interested in hearing about players at other clubs who are highly rated , but that I don't know about .

From my club ( Parkway) one player stands out , Glyn Hobbs .

Has got ability by the truckload . Should be playing at a much higher level .

Weren't people like Les Ferdinand,Cyrille Regis and Ian Wright picked up big clubs ( and went on to international careers ) after playing non-league football into their early twenties ?

And if you read what i said properly you would of noted that i said 99.9% of Pro's not all Pro's :glare:

Firstly i started the topic as i am interested in people's opinions about other players as clearly your not. Way Of The Park has it spot on, if you dont like the topic dont read it. Secondly the standard of the FA Vase is for clubs in similar tiers of the football pyrimid. Toprpoint done excellently last year but i also know were not a great team, which stands for the point of my post.

dont see nothing wrong in asking the question ? whose your team flick, and do you have any players that could move up ?????????????

Totally agree with NDD stupid topic just another thread for certain players to write about themselves.

'Never Give In' I think you were being accused of actually being the Newquay player that you mentioned :o

St Blazey is my club my friend and i think there are a few players that could play much higher

Glyn Hobbs, Shane Krac, Shane Jewel, Luke Rundel, Adam Carter, Danny Zalick, Ben Joyce, Dave Trott

dont see nothing wrong in asking the question ? whose your team flick, and do you have any players that could move up ?????????????

Totally agree with NDD stupid topic just another thread for certain players to write about themselves.

'Never Give In' I think you were being accused of actually being the Newquay player that you mentioned ohmy.png

Ha HA........??? REALLY ????? Trust me, i wish i were 18 again........ not to mention, i wasnt as good as lewis when I was 18.......... 33 YEARS AGO ! OH MY GOD. THAT LONG. If you knew lewis, he is not the type of lad to blow his own trumpet on here,he plays an lets everybody else do the talking.................. LIKE ME !!!!!!!!!!!

St Blazey is my club my friend and i think there are a few players that could play much higher

Glyn Hobbs, Shane Krac, Shane Jewel, Luke Rundel, Adam Carter, Danny Zalick, Ben Joyce, Dave Trott

Glynn will never play at a higher level while he (allegedly) refuses to train. Luke Rundell last season played for Barnstaple in the Western League, and (I think) Ben Joyce played for Bideford in the Southern League.

Parkway have waived the 7 day rule so that Ben can play for Weymouth tomorrow