Cornwall Football Forum

Best Veterans In The League

People talk a lot about the best young talent around in the league , but who are the best veterans ?

I'm talking about the guys who have been there , seen it and done it , but still put the performances in week after week .

The two guys who springs to mind for me are Kevin Miller and Roger Bonaparte .

Andy Sargeant .............. :thumbsup:

Mark Rapsey. (Frogpool & Cusgarne) :thumbsup:

Denis Annear (Penryn) :c:

Matt Potts (Penryn) :c:

Neil Burton (Penryn) :thumbsup:

legends and all round nice guys and great to see them still playing. :SM_carton:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Monty, you aint so bad yourself mate!! Just hoping the knees will hold out long enough to get the 2000 goals bud!?! Must say ive bumped into Rog a few times lately over the years in the Vets league and he is still as fit as i remember him about 25 years ago! Abit gutted to think we're the same age!!! :( Great effort to be a striker and still playing at that level and banging in the goals as usual. Well done Boney, keep it going, you are a great advert for us old boys mate!!! :clapper:

Roger Bonaparte....45 this year and currently on 13 goals Div1 East with Appledore! :clapper:

Thank you Way of the Park.....you are very kind!

No problem Roger !

Remember you joining Liskeard from Exmouth many years ago as a centre back ( I think I'm correct in that ) and being converted into a striker a few months later . You've certainly out paced a few defenders in the years that followed .

Saw you playing last season for Bovey Tracey at Parkway , still looked a threat .

Yes still enjoying it Way of the Park! Joined Liskeard in 1992 in the Western League Premier Div from Exmouth who were also in the Western Premier! Yep correct centre half! Hehe Rappo.....Rappo.....I love your goal celebrations over the years! It got a bit boring at times! Yes...got jealous 'cause you scored so many! As Sky Sports would say....at times you were 'unplayable'!.....unstoppable! My face...(and body) your skill/ability we would be playing for Spurs looking forward to Champions Lge footy next season! Lol :thumbsup: