Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway Exodus

Plymouth Parkway has had there substantial budget slashed/removed.

This is always a possibility when you only rely on one sponsors money for a majority of your playing budget.

Hopefully the players will stick together and support the management until the end of the season.

Apart from Martin Piper, who else is leaving?

I know Piper is going back Torpoint

They need him havent won a game since elphick left except boxing day game.they got a good young lad they played during the season kept a clean sheet I'm sure he will be delighted to oblige.

If you had watched a few games slice you will know it will take more then piper going back for them to keep a clean sheet.

The lad in goal over there has been unlucky from the games I have watched it's the players in front of him!

Torpoint need midfielders and defenders maybe they could sign up heveren and Krac from parkway!

Parkway 0- 1 Bovey . Another man sent for parkway no7, no final product. The front 3 where terrible

Lack-lustre, dull, and fairly quiet at Bolitho tonight. Quite a few there but hardly any atmosphere. Shane Krac send off for 2nd yellow when his attempted tackle resulted in the match winning penalty.

Lovely set-up at Parkway though, great club house and pitch but for all that the place lacked the atmosphere that it had a the start of the season. One positive - the program cos I'm in one of the photos!!

Looking forward to going to Lux Park tomorrow

I know Piper is going back Torpoint

They need him havent won a game since elphick left except boxing day game.they got a good young lad they played during the season kept a clean sheet I'm sure he will be delighted to oblige.

If you had watched a few games slice you will know it will take more then piper going back for them to keep a clean sheet.

The lad in goal over there has been unlucky from the games I have watched it's the players in front of him!

Torpoint need midfielders and defenders maybe they could sign up heveren and Krac from parkway!

I know that that's what I said a while back before the lynch mob started and got told i was upsetting the squad everyones saying what i said months ago but glad everything I put my opinion to has now happened shut a few people up anyways enjoying the new scenery of other clubs who welcome opinions don't seem so tetchy about criticism.Check out my earlier posts about needing players when I got slated guess it's ok for others to say it now old saying "to late shutting the barn door after horse has bolted."

Have to say having an evening off work I went to watch parkway tonight game seemed quiet at times but parkway had a few chances to get on the score board but a bit of good defending and have to say a hand ball by boveys defender which went unnoticed.kracci sent off in second half and the noise alone of the clash rang through the grounds sounded serious.thats 3 reds in 2 games have to say though Hobbs was great but can't go it alone.the moral afterwards of the parkway fans was low and can't blame them team spent lot of the time jabbing at each other not the parkway I remember from past few seasons.could I be wrong in saying to many changes to quickly this season?

Pretty poor game tonight . Looked to be heading for a goalless draw ( we were racking our brains to think of the last time that had even happened in the Peninsula League ) until Shane Krac clattered into the Bovey player late on for the penalty .

Improvement on last Saturday , but a lot of players are suffering from a complete lack of form and confidence and were also probably a bit unsure of what they were meant to be doing within last nights reshuffled formation .

Not as much infighting and moaning last night, but it felt like it would not take much for the side to fall to pieces .

Not going to single out individuals , but Shane Krac put in a big effort in trying to carry the whole team . Him giving away the penalty was partly due to him trying to be everywhere and do everything .

Bovey celebrated like they had won a cup at the final whistle , we left the ground wondering how many of this Parkway side will be at Witheridge next Saturday .

I was not expecting that result ? A more spirited effort tonight , but the team lacked shape. 3 centre backs on the pitch and 2 on the subs bench ! We now have 3 strikers who are in the top 8 of the leagues leading scorers and we have drawn a blank for two weeks on the trot. Kracy pressed the self distruct button and got sent off ( by far our best player ) , he is trying to do too much and the adrenalin got to him. it seems strange how a team from last season who showed much promise , has now gone down the pan. There are some very good players in the squad and the potential is still there. We have home and away games against Bodmin,Launceston,Falmouth and Buckland to come. At the moment I can not see any points being taken from these fixtures.The management team have a tough time ahead. As for an exodous .......... well I hope the players do not go yet ( if they are ) . It would be nice to think that they can work through this tough time and rebuild for next season. There is a good set up at Parkway and there are a lot of good people running the club. I am a season ticket holder and I will be there all the way. Good luck lads.

P way players have been told they lose 10 pound a game out of their packet this I think is a poor move from the club did the players get more at the start of the season Wen they were steam rolling teams don't think so did the players get chucked a bit extra after a big game wen the club pulled in 400-500 crowd no so why go bk on an agreement u had between the club and urself shocking.

P way players have been told they lose 10 pound a game out of their packet this I think is a poor move from the club did the players get more at the start of the season Wen they were steam rolling teams don't think so did the players get chucked a bit extra after a big game wen the club pulled in 400-500 crowd no so why go bk on an agreement u had between the club and urself shocking.

There are obviously financial reasons for this . It will be interesting to see how many players are there for the travelling expenses or there for the club.

There are obviously financial reasons for this . It will be interesting to see how many players are there for the travelling expenses or there for the club.

I know this seems tough to accept for the players , but no individuals are bigger than the club . If the custodians of the club have to make tough decisions to secure the future of Parkway , then so be it .Spending money on upgrading the ground and facilities for longer term gain has to be the priority .We need to develop revenue streams and move away from a reliance on benefactors .

The history of football in Devon and Cornwall is littered with clubs who have hit the wall because of spending like there is no tomorrow , I do not want Parkway to be one of these .

If players do not want to be here , then let them go . There are plenty more who will come in and replace them .

I would rather have a struggling team based around promising and willing Plymouth players ( felt for a while that we should tap into the decent sixteen,seventeen and eighteen year olds that are curently playing in the DJM) than no team at all .

I know this seems tough to accept for the players , but no individuals are bigger than the club . If the custodians of the club have to make tough decisions to secure the future of Parkway , then so be it .Spending money on upgrading the ground and facilities for longer term gain has to be the priority .We need to develop revenue streams and move away from a reliance on benefactors .

The history of football in Devon and Cornwall is littered with clubs who have hit the wall because of spending like there is no tomorrow , I do not want Parkway to be one of these .

If players do not want to be here , then let them go . There are plenty more who will come in and replace them .

I would rather have a struggling team based around promising and willing Plymouth players ( felt for a while that we should tap into the decent sixteen,seventeen and eighteen year olds that are curently playing in the DJM) than no team at all .

Totally agree. Made this comment on a another thread, who was having a pop at Parkway. Club will still be around long after players have left for pastures new. Sure a lot of good local players would want to play on a decent pitch quality changing rooms and a pot holed car park. The committee will make the decision that will benefit the Club and not the players

Totally agree. Made this comment on a another thread, who was having a pop at Parkway. Club will still be around long after players have left for pastures new. Sure a lot of good local players would want to play on a decent pitch quality changing rooms and a pot holed car park. The committee will make the decision that will benefit the Club and not the players

Here , here ...........well said that man. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

The potholed car park being the main reason of course for wanting to play their.should have a patent pending on that carpark it's historical.

me and my lad will still go down and watch them with pipes in goal, the club is the main thing. MAP 18s and Lakeside 18s got some good lad. I am a big believer that no matter how old they are and if they are good enough then get them in. What do people think? Ravo

me and my lad will still go down and watch them with pipes in goal, the club is the main thing. MAP 18s and Lakeside 18s got some good lad. I am a big believer that no matter how old they are and if they are good enough then get them in. What do people think? Ravo

I watched MAP and Lakeside today , how many of these players do you think are ready for this level of football ?

( it was a good game by the way ).

Hello all

This is Gary Doel, Vice Chairman of Plymouth Parkway Football Club, and club main sponsor.

I just want to set the record straight regarding the gossip and rumours reference new managers, Gez and myself falling out over work and so on.

The truth is: the budget was cut. By myself and Jim Parsons (Chairman), due to the economic times and the overspend on the changing rooms.

There has been no fall out between Gez and myself. Gez and Wayne are continuing in their managership so far as Jim and I are concerned.

There will be further building developments at Plymouth Parkway in the near future, and exciting things to come. Watch this space.

I am not adverse to these forums but it agrieves me to read some of the more negative comments and blatant lies. I hope this ends everyones speculations and we can now get on to playing decent football.

Thanks

Gary

Well said Mr Doel .

Probably worth pausing to reflect on what has been achieved by Parkway in their relatively short history ;

Their own ground

Top 6 finishes every year in the Peninsula League

One of the best playing surfaces in the league

The best floodlights in the league

Hard standing all the way around the pitch

Plenty of covered accomodation

Decent toilet facilities

The best changing rooms in the league

One of the best pasties around

The biggest potholes in the car park :thumbsup:

All this is especially relevant when you travel to other grounds in the league that have been there for many years , but have not had any money or work put into them for a significant part of this time ( including you Bodmin Town) .

Never think for a minute that the work of all behind the scenes is not appreciated .

( Although if light duties at work for Lee could be arranged to hasten his recovery from injury, that would be appreciated ).

Well said Mr Doel .

Probably worth pausing to reflect on what has been achieved by Parkway in their relatively short history ;

Their own ground

Top 6 finishes every year in the Peninsula League

One of the best playing surfaces in the league

The best floodlights in the league

Hard standing all the way around the pitch

Plenty of covered accomodation

Decent toilet facilities

The best changing rooms in the league

One of the best pasties around

The biggest potholes in the car park :thumbsup:

All this is especially relevant when you travel to other grounds in the league that have been there for many years , but have not had any money or work put into them for a significant part of this time ( including you Bodmin Town) .

Never think for a minute that the work of all behind the scenes is not appreciated .

( Although if light duties at work for Lee could be arranged to hasten his recovery from injury, that would be appreciated ).

Wow, I look forward to seeing the new changing rooms if they are better than Buckland Athletic' like you state. Are there any future plans to provide an all year round warm up area/pitch to prevent the need to go up to the top pitch area?

At the game on Friday, and as for effort and discipline (apart from Shane Kracs red card for a tackle built up on im guessing frustration at carrying the team and recieving little back from his 'TEAM - MATES'), it was a lot better than Liskeard. I stress the word team and mates because there seems to be little harmony within the squad and mangers, too many changes within the team may have caused this. However, with Gary Doel and Jim Parsons to provide the team with an excellent foundation to build success to the second biggest club in Plymouth, you would think that other sponsors from around the area would join in to support Plymouth Parkway. They bring in a lot of fans/supporters/crowds, have an excellent set-up, with a decent second team and youth teams, and have recently won a south west trophy and finished respectively last season. And, although this shouldn't be the case, money to provide players, might provide the club with loyalty, and allow the club to be more stable. Longer cup runs, more money, more publicity. High flying in the league, bigger crowds, more money, more publicity. Sponsors should flood in to support.

This is always a possibility when you only rely on one sponsors money for a majority of your playing budget.

Hopefully the players will stick together and support the management until the end of the season.

The word on the street is that Shane Krac is off to Buckland tonight to talk personal terms!!

I've heard that the "out" door has been busy again at Parkway with more quality players leaving.

And regretably some bargain-basement replacements coming in.

I've heard hobbs to tavy krac to bodmin piper to torpoint stringer to saltash and wiv injuries to Paul heveran lee bevan Ryan Richards lee doel can't see p way raising a team to finish top half

I've heard that the "out" door has been busy again at Parkway with more quality players leaving.

And regretably some bargain-basement replacements coming in.

I've heard hobbs to tavy krac to bodmin piper to torpoint stringer to saltash and wiv injuries to Paul heveran lee bevan Ryan Richards lee doel can't see p way raising a team to finish top half

Piper is due for talks with torpoint manager Ricky cardew this week!

Krac is meeting Bodmin manager Monday to finalise move!

Hobbs a done move playing Tomorrow!

Danny zallick also a move on the cards to Tavi!

Bailey to st blazey!

Bonney to torpoint also!

Only time will tell.