Cornwall Football Forum

Results & tables - Saturday, February 18th 2012

Helston 4-1 vospers oak villa

Shaun Parker 2

Liam eddy 2

Helston completely dominated from start to finish, with some brilliant football! All credit to vospers though, the majority of their players had a cracking never say die attitude!

Best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Ivybridge Town P-P St Blazey

This late late postponement in Devon left many Blazey fans furious, many of whom were en route, while some would have already been at the ground.

Thankfully, it was early enough for me to still get to a match - St Dominick v Elburton Res was the choice of the day. But £20 wasted fuel is the last thing a lot of people need at the moment.

This late late postponement in Devon left many Blazey fans furious, many of whom were en route, while some would have already been at the ground.

What was the reason, water logged pitch?

What is the actual definition of a waterlogged pitch ?

Was it just a heavy pitch ?

Are matches being cancelled to protect the playing surface , and not because they are unplayable ?

Finding it a bit bewildering how many matches are cancelled at Ivybridge .

What was the reason, water logged pitch?

What is the actual definition of a waterlogged pitch ?

Was it just a heavy pitch ?

Are matches being cancelled to protect the playing surface , and not because they are unplayable ?

Finding it a bit bewildering how many matches are cancelled at Ivybridge .

Is it not about how much water is on the surface, and what the happens to the ball when it rotating or trying to due too much water on the surface. The ball must be able to roll freely before it become danagerous to the playes with the ball being held up in the water. Not sure its about being a heavy pitch or protecting the surface. The Referee is the one who calls it off not the club.

As most people know the pitch at Ivybridge has been newly laid this season and will take a bit of time to bed in.

I'm sure everyone at Ivybridge wants to play on saturdays and are just as disappointed as everyone else when it was called off.

Its all about players SAFETY.........

Plymstock United 3-1 Hayle 2-0 H/T we (Hayle) were poor 1st half and deserved to be behind at the break and could of been more but a mixture of missed opputunities and some saves by myself. 2nd half we started better and started to play for each other which led to us getting a goal on the hour but plymstock should of been out of sight but again myself had a few saves and us defending well put our bodies in the way and with a few minutes Plymstock sealing it with a poor punch by myself and landing to a plymstock player to volley home on the edge of the box. all the best for Plymstock for remainder of the season.

Ivybridge game against st.blazey was called off at 1.55pm due to the pitch being far to heavy due to the heavy rainfall from 12pm i am sure most players and spectaters or fans will understand this. There was at this time 4 fans from blazey at the ground there manager and commitee didnt have any problems with the referees decision geat attitude from blazey officials thankyou.p.s. the pitch aint no different from any other that holds water it was only laid in april .