Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth town disqualified whose to blame????

So who is to blame for the vital mistake of getting Falmouth town disqualified from the semi finals or will we never know?????????

Just to stop all of this rubbish I take full responsibility for what as happened

It's banter Alan no different than Saturdays banter on here just on the other foot.

you did falmouth proud but could I ask if it was just a mistake why the need to resign whilst doing so well in the league?.

So who is to blame for the vital mistake of getting Falmouth town disqualified from the semi finals or will we never know?????????

Just to stop all of this rubbish I take full responsibility for what as happened

It's banter Alan no different than Saturdays banter on here just on the other foot.

you did falmouth proud but could I ask if it was just a mistake why the need to resign whilst doing so well in the league?.

To be honest I am fed up with the CCFA , I think that is about all I should say as they have already tried to do me this year for my comments

To be honest I am fed up with the CCFA , I think that is about all I should say as they have already tried to do me this year for my comments

Fair comment thanks for answering Alan

Not many people like being told or proven they're wrong.There's a human flaw called pride that tends to get in the way.

As Alan said,the buck stops with him.However,much as I respect Alan,surely to goodness he must have realised you just can't pluck a player from a higher League and thrust him into a Cup match for his very first appearance in a Falmouth shirt.

Incidentally,what would have happened if Mr.Mudge remained on the bench,would the CCFA have deemed a non-playing sub named on the Teamsheet as having represented Falmouth..John Mead ??????

Aldestrop....what you say about plucking a player from a higher league and putting him straight into a cup competition is an interesting point. It seems only the Cornish fa believe this to be a valid point as it seems to be only they who have this rule. You can't tell me this rule applies to the fa cup, the fa vase, or even the throgmorton cup? Only, as the rule states, in county cups does this apply. Kind of makes a nonsense of the rule itself if it is only applied to the cup which with all due respect is the easiest cup out of the four mentioned to win.

However, a rule is still a rule....Regardless of how ridiculous a rule is. Can't make your debut in the Cornwall senior cup. Nonsense. How many players have done this in the past without knowing? (and of course not being caught as nobody else knew this rule!)

The Team sheet asks for the names of substitutes and whether they played or not. Unusually, there is no County or Senior Cup Rule which expands upon this, eg a player named as a substitute but who does play can either be deemed to have taken part in the game - or not - according to the rule. As there is no rule it's a bit of a grey area and only the CCFA could give a definitive answer!

Aldestrop....what you say about plucking a player from a higher league and putting him straight into a cup competition is an interesting point. It seems only the Cornish fa believe this to be a valid point as it seems to be only they who have this rule. You can't tell me this rule applies to the fa cup, the fa vase, or even the throgmorton cup? Only, as the rule states, in county cups does this apply. Kind of makes a nonsense of the rule itself if it is only applied to the cup which with all due respect is the easiest cup out of the four mentioned to win.

However, a rule is still a rule....Regardless of how ridiculous a rule is. Can't make your debut in the Cornwall senior cup. Nonsense. How many players have done this in the past without knowing? (and of course not being caught as nobody else knew this rule!)

Good point how did the CCFA find out about it? Looking back over the comments from Saturdays game there was a lot of praise to Falmouth from how well they played (and they did no doubt about that)and it's mentioned a few times he came on for last 20 mins,then came the debate about was he allowed to play.looks like some people shot their team in the foot without knowing about it

From what I've been told saltash made a complaint to ccfa about mudges involvement in the game. Obviously with the score at 3-0 with twenty minutes to go the substitution to bring him on had a massive impact in the final result. 3-0. Maybe in the interests of fair play saltash could have mentioned this rule to Falmouth before the game had they known about it. Or maybe the ill feeling between the two sides reported on here didn't help falmouths cause to what seems like a meaningless mistake?

BUT!!!.Wouldn't Falmouth have had to register any new player prior to the day of the match? If so shouldn't the CCFA Registration Secretary have alerted them that Mr.Mudge would be inelligible?

There seems to be a missing link here somewhere: I suppose the crucial point being:when was Mudge signed on-and when(if!) did CCFA receive it?

Agreed aldestrop! Have the ccfa punished Falmouth here for their own lack of assistance and willingness to help? Maybe why mr Carey has actually quit as he has mentioned he thinks the ccfa are out to get him!!! Can't see why he would quit over an innocent mistake.

Assume mudge was signed close to this game otherwise he would have played for Falmouth before...surely???

Something doesn't add up correctly here...did the ccfa know (and then want) this to happen?????

What a shambles the CCFA is, I know for a fact that up country in the real world players are registerd for both Senior cup aswell as Junior cup at any stage. So in Cornwall if a team in the senior cup only has 14 regular players and 3 of them are not available for one reason or another then they have to turn out with just eleven. I am finding this really hard to understand

Part of the Rule

"A registered member is one who is registered with the League in which his club/team competes in the current season"

as the CCFA do not register players in all County competitions its player record is kept by the League of which the club competes

So was this player registered with the Peninsula League ? if so I would have have thought a good question for the full F A to clarify or make an appeal relatingto the above rule wording.

As the CCFA states this rule applies to ALL Rounds (Senior/Junior/Charity Cup) how many players have made their debut this season and obviously not been checked unless some one enquires.

As mentioned earlier by someone, there is no registration form to be completed for Cornwall County Cups so CCFA cannot be blamed for failing to advise Falmouth that the player was not eligible. I am sure that County Rule 16 has been broken on many occasions in the past without anyone realising it. Because the registration rules for Senior Cup changed only last season, more people will have read the new regulations and therefor be aware of the "small print".

Part of the Rule

"A registered member is one who is registered with the League in which his club/team competes in the current season"

as the CCFA do not register players in all County competitions its player record is kept by the League of which the club competes

So was this player registered with the Peninsula League ? if so I would have have thought a good question for the full F A to clarify or make an appeal relatingto the above rule wording.

As the CCFA states this rule applies to ALL Rounds (Senior/Junior/Charity Cup) how many players have made their debut this season and obviously not been checked unless some one enquires.

Didn't the F A over rule the CCFA earlier in the season when re instating St.Agnes back into the Senior Cup competition (on a completely different matter) ?

I think there may be a rule change for next season when Cornwall falls in line with the rest of Britain.

Quiet Man - yet again, read the rules or ask someone before you go to print, you can sign for as many clubs you want to in a season, providing there are 14days between each club. C'mon lads rumours are not rules. :angry2:

Home Waters - you're banging your head against a brick wall here!!

You need to bear in mind that some contributors to this website never let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

Mr Odgers, I don't think you have read all of Rule 16, which also states

"A recognised playing member is one who has actually played in a recognised League or Cup game for the club in the current season"

No case for appeal to FA

Is the rules the senior cup the same as the junior cup if so i believe camborne school of mines played there

first game of the season in the junior cup so if that is the case how is any of there players a recognised player.

not sure if the rules are the same but just thought i would point it out.

Quiet Man - yet again, read the rules or ask someone before you go to print, you can sign for as many clubs you want to in a season, providing there are 14days between each club. C'mon lads rumours are not rules. :angry2:

Home Waters - you're banging your head against a brick wall here!!

You need to bear in mind that some contributors to this website never let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

Well you seam to know the CCFA rules I would ask you to look at their rule for 7 day approach! you might b surprised!

Mr Odgers, I don't think you have read all of Rule 16, which also states

"A recognised playing member is one who has actually played in a recognised League or Cup game for the club in the current season"

No case for appeal to FA

Is the rules the senior cup the same as the junior cup if so i believe camborne school of mines played there

first game of the season in the junior cup so if that is the case how is any of there players a recognised player.

not sure if the rules are the same but just thought i would point it out.

Yeah the rules are the same for the Junior cup but camborne SOM seem to hav different rules to everyone else in junior football

Alan - rules on transfers, 7 days, time between clubs etc, are set by the FA for leagues to do. They are not laid down by the SWPL or the CCFA. Its only local cups that are affected by CCFA & DCFA and the manner in which they are played, re players appearances required, replays or not, extra time or not etc.

" To err is Human,to forgive,divine " to those that haven't read Alexander Pope it means anyone can make a mistake,something certain people (mikesrep/argyle fan/ & treyew 1970<wouldn't expect anything less from a Truro fan >) who come on this forum and take great pleasure in revelling in the mis-fortunes of other people(clubs),would do to take notice of........or perhaps they are so wonderful they have never made a mistake in their lives !

Okay, I'll be honest,to say that I'm annoyed that this has happened (Falmouth's dis-qualification) is a it of an under-statement

especially as we had a very realistic chance of winning the treble this season,but at the end of the day these things happen.

Did Falmouth really need to play Jamie Mudge last weekend ? of course not ( I believe the squad was strong enough to win the match without him,his debut could have waited another week)

Did Falmouth bring him on to the field of play to gain an advantage in the game ? of course they did ( to quote Brian Clough "if a player isn't on the pitch to gain an advantage for his team, what's he doing on the pitch in the first place !")

The rules,crazy as they are have been broken and the punishment has been handed out...we won't make the same mistake again.

My concern is Alan Carey and his resignation,it's well known that a certain authority and Alan don't mix that well !

But Alan think on what you are potentially walking away from here. A chance of winning the League & League Cup.

Possible promotion to a better level of football for the club the opportunity to be the manager that took us to that level !The chance to be the incumbent manager if & when a new stadium opens.

Can the committee at Falmouth please arrange an evening for the earliest opportunity in the clubhouse with Alan Carey present

and the 1st team squad present so that the fans can ask him to re-consider his decision.

Alan - rules on transfers, 7 days, time between clubs etc, are set by the FA for leagues to do. They are not laid down by the SWPL or the CCFA. Its only local cups that are affected by CCFA & DCFA and the manner in which they are played, re players appearances required, replays or not, extra time or not etc.

sorry you need to look in CCFA rule bookits there in black and white

Alan - sorry to prolong this but the rules may be in the CCFA handbook but as I said they are set by the FA as a mandatery inclusion, dealing with approach, transfer etc - they are then allowed to set their own rules re differences in cup competitions, as I explained earlier. If the FA laid down rule is different to the CCFA printed version then that it wrong, you would have to check side by side.

Alan - sorry to prolong this but the rules may be in the CCFA handbook but as I said they are set by the FA as a mandatery inclusion, dealing with approach, transfer etc - they are then allowed to set their own rules re differences in cup competitions, as I explained earlier. If the FA laid down rule is different to the CCFA printed version then that it wrong, you would have to check side by side.

I think you are missing my point, But I am not that interested in it anyhow as I would not have stopped Darren going

ooh my god son of lineker,pot and kettle comes to mind,all the foulmouth fans coming on here gloating every time truro lose a game,is it that you so blinkered about falmouth or you just see all things your way,and yes truro and my self have made lots of mistakes in are time but perhaps iam a bit more humble and know what the word sorry is .