Cornwall Football Forum

Respect?

Good example of how "Respect" is working in todays Cornish Guardian picture.

Four players confronting the Referee over a free kick descision?

Referees have it in their power to sort this out but seem reluctant to do so.

No-one wants to see players sent off for the inevitable industrial language between themselves but many referees seem to tolerate some disgraceful language directed at them at high volume which can be heard not only by the spectators but probably in the next parish.

Maybe a final warning with a red card if the player persists?

Guest BenTheYeti

I've seen three players sent off in recent matches for foul and abusive language, and in a recent cup match, was asked to talk to one of our players who was f'ing and blinding at himself (as he always does to be fair!) otherwise he was to be shown a straight red.

Each instance was a different referee, and it is slowly starting to make a difference. I'm no saint with my vocabulary, but have never directed it at the opposition or a referee as I find it just as bad as a deliberate foul.. basically an attempt to distract from what is, just a game.

Hope the referees stick to their guns and the minority of players that find it necessary behave like rappers with football boots on, get what's coming to them until they or their wallets learn

The pics shows the Ref waving away TWO players, the other two are so far away from the ref, they look closer due to the shortened foreground, Chris Cox took the picture from the other side of the ground and it distorts the view. (I know, I was talking to him at the time)

I would suggest that there is a far worse pic, showing a lack of respect between players, on page 102 of the same publication.

Nemesis,

In the photo, all the players look a similar size to each other. If there was some distance between them, wouldn't the ones closest to the camera appear bigger?

Also as the picture only shows a very small part of the action, could there have been others involved who are just out of the picture?

They see it on telly. They imitate. Simple as that.

I watched the London Riots on TV but haven't felt the urge to imitate. I also watched people Haye and Chisora having a disagreement in the post-fight press conference but have not yet copied their actions. Are some people unable to control themselves? A large percentage of players never argue back, swear or act aggressively.

I fully agree, start sending people off for breaking the laws of the game and it will stop.

They see it on telly. They imitate. Simple as that.

I watched the London Riots on TV but haven't felt the urge to imitate. I also watched people Haye and Chisora having a disagreement in the post-fight press conference but have not yet copied their actions. Are some people unable to control themselves? A large percentage of players never argue back, swear or act aggressively.

I fully agree, start sending people off for breaking the laws of the game and it will stop.

You haven't but some do. We're all different.