Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results 25/02/12

ivybridge belied their lowly position and matched Falmouth for workrate (especially first half 1-2) but had to concede to the visiotors attacking fire power in the second half

I thought they also had a good spell at 2-3; had a couple of half-chances to equalise. Once the fourth went in though, it was game over.

Dobwalls 7-2 Porthleven

Had the pleasure of visiting the picturesque Lantoom Park this afternoon to catch up with my old mate Denty and watch his Porthleven lads in a very entertaining match against Dobwalls. Made very welcome by the hosts Adrian, Hakey and Mr Graham Deacon i bought my usual pin badge :huh: Mrs just called me an anorach!!! Im just supporting cornish football!!! Lovely little set up with a decent main pitch and adjacent reserve team pitch, with a lovely view in the distance and also a youth 7 a side pitch behind the bottom goal, i was well impressed. You can't beat the old continental box nets either can you, always nice to see one nestling in them!! Had a chat with Port legend Mr Vidal James, cant believe its 20 years ago i was driving your BMW around mate!!! Caught up with one of my old favourite referees Mr Ian Spurling and compared stomachs, both slightly different to our first meeting 25 years ago!! Anyway on to the match, i found myself standing behind my old Penzance team mate Paul Williams in goal for Port and we ended up chatting for 75 minutes in between the action, forgot how good his kicking is!! Wont mention his four great saves either because he is a modest man! Hope i didnt put you off too much bud!? They say football's a funny old game and Greavsie was spot on with that as i honestly thought Port played the better football, i might be looking through biased eyes but they were knocking it around well, on the deck but without that killer final ball whereas Dobwalls were more direct, pacy and looked a threat with every attack. This proved the more effective on the day and they scored some cracking goals although i thought the penalty to make it 2-0 was a brave decision from Ian and it killed it for Port. Denty and Mr Spurling had a difference of opinion and had a few words with Willo collecting a yellow as well. To be fair Ian awarded Port a pen in the second half for virtually the same offence so he was consistent as usual. Great to see Mr Dave James running the line for Port after a long and succesful refereeing career, always a fair and laid back character.Goals in the 41st, 44th, and 45th minutes with some fast flowing football wrapped the 3 points up although Port made a game of it second half and drew it 2-2, even gifting the hosts a couple of goals with the usually very reliable Jamie Burr making his one mistake for the season!!! Shame there were only 23 of us there in attendance to enjoy it!!! Spoke to Denty after the game and like Fergie he has mellowed over the years, and told me to stay away from the semi-final against Saltash!! :( What a keeper in his day by the way!!! Still the only keeper ive ever played with who could throw the ball out with either arm!! Good days mate! Who knows,this funny old game could still see Port in the easter Monday Final yet? Enjoyable day and right choice not to stay home and see England lose the rugby!!! :thumbsup::c:

Rappo you are both on and off the pitch a Legend!! :clapper: :c:

I always thought how sporting and well mannered the postings were on here las seasom from the Rickard brothers.

Not much evidence of that recently.

Of course last season they were rolling over junior teams for fun and scoring goals a plenty

It's not so easy further up the tree is it lads ?

I'm not sure I would agree with the insinuation that the Rickard brothers are not aquiting themselves well in the SWP League. Two very dangerous stikers at any level and Carl's 13 goals so far this season is a great return considering he is playing in a team that is currently in the bottom 3.

Thanks for ur input on here Dereck. last season all my brother and i came on here to do was give a result and a quick analysis of our game and then u get ppl on here tryting to wind us up......yes we bite and we shouldnt but its quite hard saometimes not to. Anyway.......i'll keep posting as i do and if ppl dont like it then dont read it. Thanks again Dereck

A poor performance from the Lillywhites yesterday, definitely the worst I've seen this season. We had players missibng, but can't use that as an excuse. Hopefully it will be a bit better at Bodmin on Wednesday night. Not really going to waste time getting into an argument with St Blazey, I'm just wondering who their local derby will be next season, seeing as Foxhole and Sticker will be playing each other.

Good to see that cultured left peg is stll in great working order Strikey!!! Sorry we didn't have time to catch up mate, remember Holland v Romania in the Arena just before Euro 2000? Sea of orange, great night and all for £8!!! I watched Argyle v Crewe when we got home the week after and it cost £12!!! No Hagi, Seedorf, Bergkamp or Kluivert at Home Park!!! Good times bud. Kempy there is only one striker with the keys to Perranwell and that's you mate!!! 3rd) Rappo 2nd) Gritts 1st) Kempy in my Perranwell book x

St Austell 0-5 Torpoint Athletic

A massive result for the Gold and Black army down in Mid Cornwall at St Austell, especially after not winning a game since Boxing Day against the Royal Marines and 6 games without a win since then. The goals for Torpoint was scored by Carl Powell-Thomas, a hat-tick by Lewis Edwards and a own goal. Torpoint played well and I gather St Austell had a few missing. Next up is Plymouth Parkway away on Friday night which we will be a tough game, then we have two home games against Penzance and St Blazey. And I must say a well done to St Austell, their ground looks good now with the floodlights and hard standing.

Up the Gold & Black Army!!

St Austell 0-5 Torpoint Athletic

A massive result for the Gold and Black army down in Mid Cornwall at St Austell, especially after not winning a game since Boxing Day against the Royal Marines and 6 games without a win since then. The goals for Torpoint was scored by Carl Powell-Thomas, a hat-tick by Lewis Edwards and a own goal. Torpoint played well and I gather St Austell had a few missing. Next up is Plymouth Parkway away on Friday night which we will be a tough game, then we have two home games against Penzance and St Blazey. And I must say a well done to St Austell, their ground looks good now with the floodlights and hard standing.

Up the Gold & Black Army!!

Congratulations on your Radio Cornwall interview on Saturday Robbie-It came over loud and clear on my way home from Ivybridge.