Cornwall Football Forum

The 50/50 Draw . It could be you ( but it's unlikely)

I always buy a 50/50 draw ticket for every match I go to , both home and away , but have never won anything , has anybody on here ever actually won it ? How much did you win ?

I always think of it as a bit like buying a match program and always do it ( even if it is frustrating sometimes never finding out who has won it , at some grounds the PA is like listening to Yuri Gargarin broadcasting from the earth's orbit . Could well be in fact for all the sense it sometimes makes ).

Won £18 at a Penzance Reserves Combo Game once.

Best/worst win I had was a bottle of sherry at some club, St Austell I think, way back in the early 80's when a group of us used to travel to every Pz away game by train..

In those days I only drank neat vodka and thought that sherry was for the minority of men who like the same gender.

So I being egged on I drank the whole bottle down in 20 minutes.

Never again, I was as drunk as a lord especially as we were drinking vodka at the same time!

Never touched a drop of sherry since.

Won £18 at a Penzance Reserves Combo Game once.

Best/worst win I had was a bottle of sherry at some club, St Austell I think, way back in the early 80's when a group of us used to travel to every Pz away game by train..

In those days I only drank neat vodka and thought that sherry was for the minority of men who like the same gender.

So I being egged on I drank the whole bottle down in 20 minutes.

Never again, I was as drunk as a lord especially as we were drinking vodka at the same time!

Never touched a drop of sherry since.

Superb . :blink:

Don't know if I am imagining this or not , but back in the days of Rothmans sponsoring the Western League did packs of cigarettes and other tobacco products get given away as raffle prizes ? Pretty sure they didn't , but can't be sure .

I remember winning £30 at Falmouth many years ago which made me slightly less popular than usual .... and New Years Eve at Perranporth, I won £30 again, although I did use £10 of it to buy tickets for a draw at the club later that night. I've probably won it on average once a season at Newquay and about the same at away games.

Keep buying the tickets, as the advert says... every penny counts !