Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway v Falmouth.

A much changed Parkway team from the first half of the season takes on a very strong Falmouth team today and I am a little nervous about the outcome. Having recently dropped points against Bovey , Torpoint and Dartmouth - Falmouth will be a great challenge for the lads. With Hevs - Bonney at the back , Stringer and Doley in the middle and Zalick and Richards up front we will always have a chance against any team, It is great to see Bevan back also.

What ever the score, as long as the lads put in a spirited / committed team performance that will be good enough for me.

The Bald One , Way of the Park , Robin Van Parkway , Pretty Boy Johns , Tight Git and the Lighthouse keeper from Scooby Doo will all be there cheering the boys on this afaternoon.

You never know , there may be the return of the Parkway Poznan.

Cmon Parkway.

So which clubs has Danny yet to play for this season?

There are lots of good people at Plymouth Parkway and it would seem things could be very different at the club.

The movement, not loss, as I would not classify it as any loss, of certain players will, if anything, improve the image of Plymouth Parkway.

Can confirm that Danny Zallick has gone to Liskeard.

Have to ask the question , what was the point of Danny Zalick moving to Parkway ?

Came with a big reputation , moped around and looked generally uninterested for a couple of months and moved on again.

Am I right in saying that this is now his fourth club this season ?

No doubt we will hear wheeled out again the stories about "discontent behind the scenes" ( I'm pretty sure that it is the same commitee and management as when he agreed to join)and "a cut in playing budget" ( these are merely expenses , not wages and primary income) .

Agree with previous posters , surely the time has come for a limit on how many times a player can be transferred in a season , might make them consider a bit more carefully who they sign for .

My conclusion is that Danny Zalick's time at Parkway will linger as long in the memory as a half time cup of tea .

Well I was not expecting that. 3 - 0 Parkway. ( Richards hatrick ). 2 nil half time and Parkway were outsanding. Falmouth went down to 9 men in the second half and the game lost its way a bit. This was a very good team performance and to be honest , the first half was the best football I have seen Parkway play all season. Bonney was exceptional at the back , young Sam Hilson was outstanding in the middle and Richards was brilliant up front. 2 of his goals were sheer class.

The parkway Poznan jumpimg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again , a cracking team performance ,well done to the lads today and it was nice to see a smile on Gez and Waynes faces again. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Agree with everything the Bald One said .

We looked up for it right from the start ,the first half was a superb team performance with a classy hat trick from Ryan Richards .

Falmouth Town actually looked a better side when they went down to nine men in the second half , but the game was beyond them by then .

Couple of interesting rumours buzzing around about players on the way in as well , but a gentlemen would never kiss and tell . :glare:

Have to ask the question , what was the point of Danny Zalick moving to Parkway ?

Came with a big reputation , moped around and looked generally uninterested for a couple of months and moved on again.

No doubt we will hear wheeled out again the stories about "discontent behind the scenes" ( I'm pretty sure that it is the same commitee and management as when he agreed to join)and "a cut in playing budget" ( these are merely expenses , not wages and primary income) .

Agree with previous posters , surely the time has come for a limit on how many times a player can be transferred in a season , might make them consider a bit more carefully who they sign for .

My conclusion is that Danny Zalick's time at Parkway will linger as long in the memory as a half time cup of tea .

Moving to a number of different clubs in a season? Sounds like Ryan Richards but of course that's ok because he moved to parkway.

I think a player can only play for four clubs in a 12 month period, so think there is already a rule in place

Good result for parkway today though

As I have already said in a previous thread, you will get players that want to play for Parkway and that has been proved. The so-called superstars have gone and they still get the results. Well done to the committe and Management team of Plymouth Parkway FC for sticking by your principles.

Cannot wait for the Parkway v Elburton game on Good Friday 11am ko, that should be a good game

Moving to a number of different clubs in a season? Sounds like Ryan Richards but of course that's ok because he moved to parkway.

I think a player can only play for four clubs in a 12 month period, so think there is already a rule in place

Me and a few others remarked last season that most of that Parkway side were not there due to any particular affinity to the club, and would be off as soon as the grass appeared greener elsewhere. The transient nature of the players in Peninsula League is something that I do find genuinely depressing .Ryan Richards included.Superb as his display was today ,I would not wager much on him being in a Parkway shirt in six months time .

Some of the players on the circuit ( how apt) must have to write this months team on their arm to remind themselves who they are currently playing for

Well I was not expecting that. 3 - 0 Parkway. ( Richards hatrick ). 2 nil half time and Parkway were outsanding. Falmouth went down to 9 men in the second half and the game lost its way a bit. This was a very good team performance and to be honest , the first half was the best football I have seen Parkway play all season. Bonney was exceptional at the back , young Sam Hilson was outstanding in the middle and Richards was brilliant up front. 2 of his goals were sheer class.

Fair play to PP, they were in Town's faces from the off and I don't think we created a clear cut opening in the first half. Saying that...nor did PP until the ill advised 'scorpion kick'. Top marks to Richards though...excellent finishing.

Town were better second half but the second sending off killed it. No complaints about the major decisions. Poor show from the PP no. 6 though. Apparently he's the 'hardest man in the team' but there's no need for all the theatrics. That was pathetic.

Town kept plugging away but there's no denying Parkway were well worth the three points overall.

Got to feel sorry for you PP fans though if that first half was the best football you've seen all season. ;)

Me and a few others remarked last season that most of that Parkway side were not there due to any particular affinity to the club, and would be off as soon as the grass appeared greener elsewhere. The transient nature of the players in Peninsula League is something that I do find genuinely depressing .Ryan Richards included.Superb as his display was today ,I would not wager much on him being in a Parkway shirt in six months time .

Some of the players on the circuit ( how apt) must have to write this months team on their arm to remind themselves who they are currently playing for

Ha ha very true

Fair play to PP, they were in Town's faces from the off and I don't think we created a clear cut opening in the first half. Saying that...nor did PP until the ill advised 'scorpion kick'. Top marks to Richards though...excellent finishing.

Town were better second half but the second sending off killed it. No complaints about the major decisions. Poor show from the PP no. 6 though. Apparently he's the 'hardest man in the team' but there's no need for all the theatrics. That was pathetic.

Town kept plugging away but there's no denying Parkway were well worth the three points overall.

Got to feel sorry for you PP fans though if that first half was the best football you've seen all season. ;)

No need to feel sorry for the Parkway fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have lost at least 11 players so far this season and some top ones at that.The team has now hopefully got a squad that wants to play together and for the club, I do not agree with your comments about our supposedly hardest man ( what's that all about .... lol ) he was elbowed in the chest and eventually came off because of this. I think you should be upset as a team going for promotion and playing as poorly as you did ?

You did look better with 9 men and fair play to them they kept going until the final whistle..

All the best for the rest of season.

Shame on that nasty Marc Bonney for throwing his chest into Ian Hodges' elbow ....

It wasn't so much the quality of football . It was having so much to shout about after a thoroughly miserable last few months .

It was about seeing the performance on the pitch reflect how much passion,time and commitment goes into the club from the men and women behind the scenes .

No need to feel sorry for the Parkway fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just joking...I didn't think the football was very attractive at all.

We have lost at least 11 players so far this season and some top ones at that.The team has now hopefully got a squad that wants to play together and for the club, I do not agree with your comments about our supposedly hardest man ( what's that all about .... lol ) he was elbowed in the chest and eventually came off because of this.

The PP goalie said to someone behind the goal he was your 'hardest player'. As if that had anything to do with it.

I think you should be upset as a team going for promotion and playing as poorly as you did ?

You did look better with 9 men and fair play to them they kept going until the final whistle..

All the best for the rest of season.

Thanks. It's disappointing but it's the first poor SWPL performance on our travels for a long time.

Who was sent off?

According to the press

Ian Hodges (Elbow)

Lee Rundle (Last man tackle)

What are the number of matches for suspension?-when do they kick in?

IWhat implications for the Throgmorton Cup Semi-final (27th,.March)?

comes into effect 21 days after the offence three match ban

I think that would be: Sat 7th; at home to Penzance, Sat 14th; at home to Parkway, and Tue 17; away to Buckland Ath. All SWPL.

Who was sent off?

According to the press

Ian Hodges (Elbow)

Lee Rundle (Last man tackle)

What are the number of matches for suspension?-when do they kick in?

IWhat implications for the Throgmorton Cup Semi-final (27th,.March)?

comes into effect 21 days after the offence three match ban

I think that would be: Sat 7th; at home to Penzance, Sat 14th; at home to Parkway, and Tue 17; away to Buckland Ath. All SWPL.

"Comes into effect 21 days after the offence"

I would read that as-

Sat 31s.March- Home v Elburton Villa

Frid.6th.April-Home v Penzance

Sat.14th.April-Home v Plymouth Parkway

I would recommend Reserve skipper Dave Rawlings as the defensive cover

He played No.5 for Town in SWPL season 2008-09 and was player of the season

Watched the Parkway v Falmouth game yesterday, and great credit to the Parkway lads. Having only 5 original members of the squad at the start of the season on yesterdays team sheet, to come away with three points against one of the leagues 'better' sides, was brilliant for them. I believe that the so called 'loss' of 'bigger' players has brought the team closer, and with a few of the ex Parkway players watching yesterday, might have made them realise what playing for Plymouth Parkway is all about. Ryan Richards, no matter how many clubs played for, is an exceptional finisher, and proved this once again yesterday, as a lone striker, with a great supporting role from Lee Doel. The team looked like they wanted to fight and play for eachother, where as in the end, the Falmouth players getting frustrated, just looking like they wanted to fight. The back 5 were brilliant and a solid midfield also. And as for the 'Aberfalman' posts, I believe Marc Bonney suffered reprocustions of his double fracture to his skull and internal bleeding he suffered just three months ago, when obviously elbowed by Falmouths number 9, hence why he came off. And i'm sure he'll be delighted with the 'Hardman' status.

Oh, and just a quicky....well done to all the Falmouth players and staff for going into the clubhouse after the game............

I believe Marc Bonney suffered reprocustions of his double fracture to his skull and internal bleeding he suffered just three months ago, when obviously elbowed by Falmouths number 9, hence why he came off. And i'm sure he'll be delighted with the 'Hardman' status.

I didn't think getting caught on the chest warranted the reaction. If I'm wrong...I'll hold my hand up.

"Comes into effect 21 days after the offence"

I would read that as-

Sat 31s.March- Home v Elburton Villa

Frid.6th.April-Home v Penzance

Sat.14th.April-Home v Plymouth Parkway

Ah right. No offence to Elburton Villa but that's slightly better.

Don't hold your breath. Remember they turned over Parkway and more recently Buckland. Should be an interesting game

Alberfalman. Very brave of you to hold your hand up after wrongly accusing a player of play acting.Damage Done.I was at the game and the Parkway player was caught in the face not the chest by a swinging arm ( not an elbow). After recieving lengthy treatment the Parkway player came back on but was in obvious discomfort and eventually had to be replaced. The player passed me on the way back to the changing room and had bloodied lips caused by the blow. As for the hardman tag there are far more uncompromising players in this league as you well know.If you saw who was stood behind the goal it was an obvious wind up for your goalkeeper. All the players in this league need to have toughness about them or else they would be walked over. Maybe you didn"t also see the 2 players involved in the incident chatting outside the changing room and shaking hands. Well done the pair of you. Before you come on here in future and start tarnishing decent players reputations and accusing them of wrong doing. Get Your Facts Right.

Guest flick

You cant really blame players for leaving this poorly set team, the club seem to have good people backing them hence why i said team and not club. The managers do not have a clue how to manage a team, they do not know how to manage challenging individuals. Parkway will struggle to do well season in and season out with them two incharge.

You cant really blame players for leaving this poorly set team, the club seem to have good people backing them hence why i said team and not club. The managers do not have a clue how to manage a team, they do not know how to manage challenging individuals. Parkway will struggle to do well season in and season out with them two incharge.

It was exactly the same managerial team that was in place when the seven day notice of approach initially went in , and presumably he would have sought information from other players already at the club as to how things are run before he made his decision to move .

Comes back once again to players considering moves a bit more carefully before they make them .