Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY 1 v BODMIN 2.

A great performance from the new look Parkway team tonight , and to be honest I think we deserved the win. Bodmin shaded the first half , but Parkway competed well. The second half saw Parkway hit the woodwork and miss a penalty. Bodmin scored the winner with a few minutes to go . I was disappointed with the way Bodmin played tonight, as all they seem to do is punt the ball up for the big lads upfront.

( it did work though ) . Guess that is why they will be Champions this season.

I was appalled by the constant abuse / moaning and whinging from the large Bodmin bench - all game.

The Stadler and Waldorf half a dozen Bodmin fans by the far goal side were all shouting abuse most of the game also. You would think they should know better at their age .

All in all a good game to watch and a good performance from the Parkway lads. Gez and Wayne have got this team working well together and I hope this current team stay together .

WELL DONE LADS ...... You may not have won the 3 points but you did win the moral victory.

Must have been about 250 crowd tonight .

A great performance from the new look Parkway team tonight , and to be honest I think we deserved the win. Bodmin shaded the first half , but Parkway competed well. The second half saw Parkway hit the woodwork and miss a penalty. Bodmin scored the winner with a few minutes to go . I was disappointed with the way Bodmin played tonight, as all they seem to do is punt the ball up for the big lads upfront.

I was appalled by the constant abuse / moaning and whinging from the large Bodmin bench - all game.

The Stadler and Waldorf half a dozen Bodmin fans by the far goal side were all shouting abuse most of the game also. You would think they should know better at their age .

All in all a good game to watch and a good performance from the Parkway lads. Gez and Wayne have got this team working well together and I hope this current team stay together .

WELL DONE LADS ...... You may not have won the 3 points but you did win the moral victory.

Have to agree with you, Plymouth Parkway competed well throughout the game and could well have edged a victory.

I sorry for the "old boys" from Bodmin who always stand behind the oppositions goal. Surely they don't realise what an embarrassment they really are. All they do all game is stir up vitriol and are quite nasty.

I am sure the management of Plymouth Parkway will take heart with the performance tonite and realise the "loss" of certain players, may well be a blessing.

Have to agree with you, Plymouth Parkway competed well throughout the game and could well have edged a victory.

I sorry for the "old boys" from Bodmin who always stand behind the oppositions goal. Surely they don't realise what an embarrassment they really are. All they do all game is stir up vitriol and are quite nasty.

I am sure the management of Plymouth Parkway will take heart with the performance tonite and realise the "loss" of certain players, may well be a blessing.

Pretty sad old lot behind the goal but they behave like that home or away - personally, I blame the parents!

Good game to watch for the neutral though, Parkway looked like they were heading for a point and started to dominate the second half, until Krac and then Luxton came on

Another step up from a fast improving Parkway side last night , even if the result ultimately went against us .

The reaction to going behind early on was particularly encouraging , all the players seemed to regroup and go again with no moaning or finger pointing . I won't pick out any individual performances from last night .Win,lose or draw we are doing it as a unit these days .

Can't take anything away from this Bodmin side , you always have a feeling that they will find a way to win matches .

Not sure though that their brand of "effective" football,constant haranguing of the officials from the sidelines and "exaggeration" of any fouls gained is something I find endearing .

Their bench strength was revealing as well . Players used off the bench by them such as Matthews , Krac and Luxton would walk into most other sides in this league . Not to mention the players not even used .

The aim has to be finish in the top six for Parkway to preserve our Peninsula League record , don't think that finishing above Saltash and Liskeard is beyond us .

Good victory over them dirty janner lot ..another 3 points to the mighty Bodmin Town...

Nothing mighty about Bodmin, it's like Man Utd playing in 2nd Division, move up a couple of leagues and win there then you will justify the mighty tag. A big fish in a small pond i'm afraId.

As a neutral fan in this league I wud also like 2 see teams go up but not if they are not financially stable. I think its harsh people coming on here and giving their opinions when they don't no the whole situation I no a few lads 4 bodmin and their budget isn't as big as sum make out. no 1 slammed buckland 4 not going up and they won it 2 years in a row but now they have applied everything is ok. People (hoppit) need 2 worry about their own teams rather than getting involved.

Paul ,

Have you not been following events the last month ?????? A few weeks ago at Witheridge we were struggling to get a side out.

Like your selves, all of the "so called star players " have flown the nest . We are having to rebuild within the season and not like Blazey at the end.

The players that have gone this season :

B.Elphick , D.Evans ( broken leg ) , P.Heveran ( broken foot ) ,M.David ,J.Alexander ,D.Brook ,B.Joyce,D.Mason, A.Sargent,CWright ,G.Hobbs , S.Krac.

The above 12 players would make a title challenging side on their own.

How many other clubs could have coped with losing this amount of quality players and still stay competative.

Tricky , If we still had the squad we started the season with ,I feel a top 4 place would have been possible.

I can not see any chance now of being in the top 5.

If we finish in 7th , I would say we have done well considering all of disruption.

If we had started the season with this team , I do believe we would have finished above Elburton.

How about you at Ivybridge , will you stay up ?

As a neutral fan in this league I wud also like 2 see teams go up but not if they are not financially stable. I think its harsh people coming on here and giving their opinions when they don't no the whole situation I no a few lads 4 bodmin and their budget isn't as big as sum make out. no 1 slammed buckland 4 not going up and they won it 2 years in a row but now they have applied everything is ok. People (hoppit) need 2 worry about their own teams rather than getting involved.

I haven't got a club of my own but i was in favour of the formation of the SWPL purely because the South Western league had become stale. The pryamid is in place to keep football moving forward all over the country not just down here, teams who win the league and don't take promotion slows the system down. Whats the point of playing in the pyramid if your'e not ambitious. Nothing to do with Bodmin as such but any team that finishes top or second should take promotion. As for Buckland i did have a go back in August also Stoke Gabriel who said they were taking promotion from the SWPL east and then decided not to TRUE FAN. Of course the budget makes a difference i have no idea what Bodmin's budget is and have no wish to know but it's probably in the top four highest in the league. St Blazey had 10 great years but when the money dried up the superstars were gone, and the same would happen at any club, i've seen it time and time again. The budget is the objective factor even at level 6, in Cornwall anyway

I didnt no anyone had left. Havnt really been taking notice of things in the SWPL much apart from hoping to see St Blazey win. How come everyone left?

Money?????????????????

For someone who is a regular on this forum I find it very hard to believe you did not notice the comments relating to Plymouth Parkway, not just on this thread, but on others. Even Dan Blazey has been very quiet. Sure the players had their reasons for leaving, but it goes to prove they are doing well without them. May not be a top 4 finish, but looking good for the future. Will they be top dog over Elburton at the end of the season ? Lets wait and see

To be honest ive been following Argyle home and away of late as well as watching St Blazey. Havnt read much on here lately. As a St Blazey follower weve only been intrested in St Blazey, Ivybridge and the Marines results. Our desperate situation stops you worrying about the top sides!! :unsure:

Big games this week, Argyle v Shrewsbury, Torpoint v Blazey on saturday, Argyle v Brizzle Rovers on tuesday and Blazey v Saltash on wednesday.

As a St Blazey follower weve only been intrested in St Blazey, Ivybridge and the Marines results.

Is that the royal "We" Paul?? ;)

I can understand what Hoppit is trying to say that clubs SHOULD take promotion if they finish top 2 in their leagues and I'm sure most clubs WOULD but the problem down here is always going to be finance. The cost of away fixtures, when you add in the possibility of coach hire and overnight accommodation, can be well out of some clubs budgets so you can't blame them for wishing to "stay local".

As a St Blazey follower weve only been intrested in St Blazey, Ivybridge and the Marines results.

I can understand what Hoppit is trying to say that clubs SHOULD take promotion if they finish top 2 in their leagues and I'm sure most clubs WOULD but the problem down here is always going to be finance. The cost of away fixtures, when you add in the possibility of coach hire and overnight accommodation, can be well out of some clubs budgets so you can't blame them for wishing to "stay local".

I agree it might cost a few quid but Bristol is only 3 hours away you wouldn't travel much further than that so overnight stay unlikely to be an issue. If you are an ambitious club this should not be a problem. As for coach hire it woulndn't cost more than a tenner per head cheap day out i reckon. Unfortunately do to our location it can be a pain but again if you are ambitious it shouldn't be a problem. Our only other option is to pull out of the pyramid and have an all Cornish league, ok local derby wise but a backward step for Cornish football, no FA cup or vase. So come on Cornish clubs upward and onward show em what we are made of.

If we're talking about Bodmin Town here then the money they are saving on travelling sure ain't going on the ground and facilities , what an absolute dump .

Really rubs it in as well when they try to charge extra to sit in the delapidated ,graffiti strewn "grandstand."

Guest flick

Basically it dose come down to who has the most money. If your havnt got a decent budget to start with and then a decent manager to look after the buget and spend it well then youve had it.

Some players will follow money, for me the manager needs to know what he is talking about, if you have a stable manager that can set simple tactics and follow them through, also improve on a players impact in a game, control a situation without losing his head and without getting involved with stupid things and can actually control the players he has, then any players can have a good season in this league. Just needs a bit of togetherness.