Cornwall Football Forum

FA Calsberg Sunday Cup Semi Final - Kimberley Stadium

Lakeside Athletic v Canada (Liverpool)

This Sunday 18th March at Kimberley Stadium Saltash 2pm ko

This is the first time staged in Cornwall and there are a large number of players from our very own Penisular league featuring. This should be a fantastic afternoon at Kimberley as Lakeside look to be the first side from our region to reach the Calsberg Final.

The fixture should draw a good crowd. The clubhouse is open and hot food available.

Good Luck to Lakeside from all of us at Saltash United

This is the first time staged in Cornwall and there are a large number of players from our very own Penisular league featuring. This should be a fantastic afternoon at Kimberley as Lakeside look to be the first side from our region to reach the Calsberg Final.

The fixture should draw a good crowd. The clubhouse is open and hot food available.

Which SWPL players, which clubs ? I'm sure that interest would be higher if we knew more !!!

Dont' think this is the first time staged in Cornwall as I'm pretty sure St.Austell AFC Social Club got to the semi final in the early 90s, losing at Poltair to a "pub" team from Liverpool.

Was a lively afternoon up Kimberly but unfortunately Canada won! 0-1.

Was a close game and with a couple of different decisions from the ref could have gone Lakesides way! Clear penalty near the end for handball and the ball put in the net when deemed to be offside when I'm not so sure it was!!

Brooksy for me was outstanding. Motm in my eyes.

Dont' think this is the first time staged in Cornwall as I'm pretty sure St.Austell AFC Social Club got to the semi final in the early 90s, losing at Poltair to a "pub" team from Liverpool.

That was a competition for 'social clubs' attached to football clubs i believe.The competition only lasted a couple of seasons.

Riviera Coasters played in the FA Sunday Cup in 1972/73 when they lost to Plymouth based Louis Boutique latterly known as Louis International at the Brickfields. I don't think another Cornish based Sunday Club has since played in this National Competition, but i could be wrong, someone will no doubt put me right.

I went and I have to say I was very disappointed with the standard of play and the entertainment on offer. Only one shot on target between the two teams in the first 80 minutes and that was the Canada goal.

Excellent display from the Canada no. 5, scored the winning goal, was a defensive collosus, and while all his teamates deservedly celebrated their win, he made sure he first went around to all the Lakeside players to shake their hands before joining in the celebrations.