Cornwall Football Forum

Results and tables - Saturday, March17th 2012

Falmouth Town 3-3 Buckland Athletic

Cracking game for the neutral, but not for the management of both sides.

Town went ahead early through Joe Lugg, his shot from the edge of the box found the corner of the visitors net.

Jamie Devine touched home a second for Town when the Buckland 'keeper Neil Montandon failed to hang onto a lofted free-kick.

Mike Booth pulled one back when the assistant ref flagged to signal that the effort had crossed the line before being cleared, but Town replied in the best possible way when Ian Hodges scored to restore Town's two goal margin advantage.

Early in the second half Hodges was involved in the action again when defending, he handled a corner in the 6 yard box and Buckland pulled it back to 3-2 from the spot. Red card for Hodges!

Buckland continued to push and it was no wonder that the equaliser came - Hammond's shot ending up in the net, whether it got a touch on from a team mate, no doubt will be confirmed later.

St Dennis 2-2 perrenporth

Saints goals

Mark Rowe

Lee rickard

2 worldies from perrenporth, perens keeper Ryan barnes was outstanding today, could have been 5 or 6 is it wasn't for him and our poor finishing, they worked hard and didn't give us any time on the ball, goodluck for the rest of the season

CSWPL PREMIER Saturday March 17

Bovey Tracey 2 - 1 Launceston

Cullompton 1 - 2 Parkway

Elburton 2 - 3 Bodmin

Falmouth 3 - 3 Buckland

Ivybridge Town PvP Royal Marines

Penzance 0 - 6 Liskeard

St Austell 3 - 0 Dartmouth

Tavistock 5 - 0 Camelford

Torpoint 1 - 0 St Blazey

Witheridge 3 - 1 Saltash

1 Bodmin 26 24 0 2 93 27 66 72

2 Launceston 30 20 5 5 65 31 34 65

3 Buckland 26 20 4 2 86 34 52 64

4 Falmouth 28 19 4 5 88 40 48 61

5 Liskeard 27 18 2 7 61 31 30 56

6 Saltash 29 16 5 8 83 50 33 53

7 Parkway 26 16 3 7 66 33 33 51

8 Camelford 29 14 2 13 51 48 3 44

9 Tavistock 29 12 6 11 59 56 3 42

10 St Austell 25 11 4 10 50 46 4 37

11 Elburton 29 11 4 14 45 50 -5 37

12 Bovey Tracey 32 10 6 16 45 64 -19 36

13 Torpoint 29 11 3 15 34 55 -21 36

14 Witheridge 29 10 4 15 40 50 -10 34

15 Dartmouth 29 10 4 15 43 61 -18 34

16 Cullompton 27 8 5 14 39 58 -19 29

17 Penzance 29 7 2 20 29 64 -35 25

18 St Blazey 30 4 2 24 29 83 -54 14

19 Ivybridge 25 3 3 19 33 88 -55 12

20 Royal Marine 28 2 2 24 20 90 -70 6

---------------------------------------------------------------

CSWPL DIVISION ONE WEST SAT MARCH 17

Callington 2 - 3 Porthleven

Dobwalls 0 - 3 Penryn

Foxhole Star 3 - 4 Plymstock

Helston 1 - 0 Holsworthy

Newquay 7 - 0 Mousehole

St Dennis 2 - 2 Perranporth

Truro City 0 - 2 Godolphin

Wadebridge 3 - 1 VosperOV

1 Newquay 27 23 3 1 105 26 79 72

2 Helston 28 19 6 3 81 37 44 63

3 Godolphin 28 15 8 5 53 26 27 53

4 VosperOV 25 15 7 3 69 28 41 52

5 Penryn 22 14 3 5 61 22 39 45

6 Plymstock 27 12 4 11 46 44 2 42

7 Dobwalls 26 12 3 11 58 53 5 39

8 Truro City 24 10 4 10 56 44 12 34

9 Hayle 28 9 6 13 51 52 -1 33

10 Callington 22 10 2 10 42 41 1 32

11 Wadebridge 27 8 8 11 51 52 -1 32

12 Porthleven 25 10 1 14 41 68 -27 31

13 Foxhole Star 25 8 6 11 46 51 -5 30

14 St Dennis 23 8 4 11 50 56 -6 28

15 Holsworthy 27 8 2 17 42 48 -6 26

16 Perranporth 28 2 3 23 18 123 -105 7

17 Mousehole 26 1 0 25 21 120 -99 3

CSWPL DIVISION ONE EAST SAT MARCH 17

Alphington 0 - 1 Liverton

Axminster 0 - 6 Newton Spurs

Budleigh 2 - 4 StokeG

ExeterCS 1 - 0 Appledore

Galmpton 4 - 2 Okehampton

Sidmouth 1 - 3 Teignmouth

Tots&Darts 1 - 0 Crediton

Uni Exeter 2 - 2 Exmouth

1 Liverton 26 21 2 3 81 27 54 65

2 Exmouth 25 17 3 5 64 27 37 54

3 StokeG 26 16 5 5 85 51 34 53

4 Galmpton 24 16 3 5 62 38 24 51

5 Alphington 26 16 2 8 62 43 19 50

6 Okehampton 28 12 9 7 58 50 8 45

7 Teignmouth 26 13 4 9 65 50 15 43

8 Newton Spurs 26 11 5 10 58 53 5 38

9 Crediton 22 11 3 8 53 45 8 36

10 Budleigh 26 11 3 12 47 63 -16 36

11 Tots&Darts 27 10 5 12 58 57 1 35

12 Appledore 26 9 3 14 41 43 -2 30

13 Uni Exeter 26 7 7 12 47 55 -8 28

14 Sidmouth 24 9 0 15 37 53 -16 27

15 ExeterCS 23 7 3 13 30 47 -17 24

16 OtterySM 28 1 2 25 23 91 -68 5

17 Axminster 27 1 1 25 28 106 -78 4

Early in the second half Hodges was involved in the action again when defending, he handled a corner in the 6 yard box and Buckland pulled it back to 3-2 from the spot. Red card for Hodges!

Still can't believe he did that. We were a bit fortuitous to be two goals up and then he basically throws that advantage away.

Cullompton 1 Parkway 2 ( 1-1 ht )

Pretty poor game to be honest on a lumpy,bumpy pitch .

A lot of Parkway players completely off their game today and possibly suffering a bad reaction to the big performances put in recently . Parkway went ahead early on when Will Stringer poked the ball home after a mistake from the jittery Cully keeper , only for the home side to equalise almost immediately when a Jon Heveran mistake allowed a clean run and shot past Martin Piper .

Cully had chances to go ahead in the second half against a Parkway side that seemed to lose their way , only to spurn them through a combination of profligate finshing and Piper saves .

Parkway changed the formation and personnel with the introduction of Aaron Hulme and Gareth Judkin from the bench and this seemed to make the difference as they pressed for an unlikely winner in the latter stages of the game .Ryan Richards (twice),Lee Doel and Hulme went close before a Doel free kick from the half way line landed on the head of Heveran to send the ball looping of over the keeper into the net for the winner in the dying seconds .

A possibly undeserved victory that was hard on Cullompton , but which keeps the hopes of a top six finish alive for Parkway ( especially with the Ashes slipping up today ).

An additional mention for the matchday programme as well , one of the better half time reads .

Penzance lost 6-0 at home to Liskeard. The score flattered the away team as Penzance had 9 reserves in their squad of 14, with 7 starting the game. Average age of the team must have been no more than 18.

Pz tried to play off-side and were caught a couple of times. 4-0 at half time and it wasn't until the last 20mins when Liskeard sat back and The Magpies altered their formation that they had a sight on goal.

Still can't believe he did that. We were a bit fortuitous to be two goals up and then he basically throws that advantage away.

I can't believe it either. I am not sure he cares about the club at all. He puts himself first and his large pay packet second. He will never change, get him out the club I say

Wasn`t it just !

Cant believe that we conceded three goals in that manner, We were horrified.,

But in the second half the only thing missing from Bucklands squad was a Vango Omega !

Very disappointed in giving away three stupid goals, although I thought Falmouths third was hand ball and your forward pushed over one of our defenders, not that we would expect Mr Lees in a million years to spot that.

Hodges had to walk as he clearly prevented a certain goal by hand ball .

We would have certainly settled for a draw at half time.

Well done to Falmouth for applying to go up alongside ourselves , makes Bodmins odds on championship victory look subdued to say the least.

The real championship in this league this year is for the team that takes promotion.

We hope Buckland go on and do it.

COYY !

Torpoint 1v0 St Blazey.

The football was total dross. 2 poor teams. The game was there to put daylight between St Blazey and Ivybridge.

Talking of Ivybridge, called off again!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on. It dosnt need to be Wembley standard!! Must have been heavy rain over the pitch because we havnt had much rain anywhere else!!!!

Anyway,the Torpoint goalkeeper was caught sat against the post sipping a bovril. Cheeky sod. I believe he even nipped off to boil the kettle first. No one noticed as the ball becomes a hot potato in the last 40 yeards!!!! I dont think he had a thing to do all game.

If your a Blazey forward tonight, ask yourself, did you give 110% and do you think you really got stuck in and asked enough questions of Torpoints defenders?!!

We must improve by wednesday or else Saltash will have a field day.

Come on for gods sake!! :angry2:

Withy dominated the Ashes today and deserved all three points with a fantastic performance in difficult conditions

Didn't go to the game today, so would appreciate an honest opinion of "the ashes" performance today.

To be honest, Witheridge deserved to win today. the second and third were very good finishes. Saltash have looked poor for several weeks now. I could make excuses (the pitch, the fact we have so many players "missing" etc etc), but that would do Withy an injustice.

Our team needs a shake up, and fast!!!!. There doesnty seems to be any direction in the side. We drastically need a centre back that doesnt constantly gives the ball away. There is masses of ability in the Ashes side, but it just isnt working.

6th place in the league is looking precarious at the moment, and if the managerial team dont do something drastic before Easter Monday, Bodmin are gonna slaughter us.

It's not necessarily the current batch of players fault for the predicament that your (St Blazey) club is in! I suggest you consider how dire the lack of ambition that your committee has had by letting Hooper and Lafferty leave. Not to mention their naive and unimaginative selection of the current manager.

Withy dominated the Ashes today and deserved all three points with a fantastic performance in difficult conditions

Didn't go to the game today, so would appreciate an honest opinion of "the ashes" performance today.

To be honest, Witheridge deserved to win today. the second and third were very good finishes. Saltash have looked poor for several weeks now. I could make excuses (the pitch, the fact we have so many players "missing" etc etc), but that would do Withy an injustice.

Our team needs a shake up, and fast!!!!. There doesnty seems to be any direction in the side. We drastically need a centre back that doesnt constantly gives the ball away. There is masses of ability in the Ashes side, but it just isnt working.

6th place in the league is looking precarious at the moment, and if the managerial team dont do something drastic before Easter Monday, Bodmin are gonna slaughter us.

Thanks for the match report Tim, seems like I saved myself a wasted journey.

Awful. I am sick and tired of this season.

Its ok mate, plenty more defeats to watch yet!! :c:

I would be sick if I had to listen to your number 7 week in week out what an embarrassing player to your club!

Surprised you would allow a player like him play at a good club of your stature even if your not doing well.

It seemed to me as a neutral that he brought the players around him down!

His constant moaning was sad to watch from the side lines!

On the whole not a good game to watch really both teams didn't play well really!

It was dire stuff. Two poor teams on show today. If some off them ran around as much as they moaned then the football could have been much better.

No point going over old ground now Rupert. Glynn and Laffs have been gone the best part of a year. We are where we are.

Town went ahead early through Joe Lugg, his shot from the edge of the box found the corner of the visitors net.

Jamie Devine touched home a second for Town when the Buckland 'keeper Neil Montandon failed to hang onto a lofted free-kick.

Mike Booth pulled one back when the assistant ref flagged to signal that the effort had crossed the line before being cleared, but Town replied in the best possible way when Ian Hodges scored to restore Town's two goal margin advantage.

Buckland continued to push and it was no wonder that the equaliser came - Hammond's shot ending up in the net, whether it got a touch on from a team mate, no doubt will be confirmed later.

Dave not quite right there, the Assistant did not flag for a goal, he crossed his arms, only after the Buckland players crowded around the ref protesting did the assistant change his mind, the only thing I will say is that it did cross the line But the Assistant did not signal that it had, I would agree he was in line & should have been able to have made an instant decision, this he failed to do,

but also Falmouth are now out of the running for promotion, & Hodges will be out for the rest of the season with I understand now likely to miss at least 12 games.

Hammers :c::blink: :c:

Torpoint 1v0 St Blazey.

The football was total dross. 2 poor teams. The game was there to put daylight between St Blazey and Ivybridge.

Talking of Ivybridge, called off again!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on. It dosnt need to be Wembley standard!! Must have been heavy rain over the pitch because we havnt had much rain

Stop worrying about Ivybridge games being called off, the game was on until it poured down with rain.

and was left with standing water pools on the pitch which is considered a danger to players. It not the

clubs call it's the officials call. The club and players want to play football. It also rains at different times,

hence why you never had any, bit like Ivybridges game on Tuesday at St Austell being called off due to

fog AFTER the team had arrived, was that their fault as well!!

Penzance lost 6-0 at home to Liskeard. The score flattered the away team as Penzance had 9 reserves in their squad of 14, with 7 starting the game. Average age of the team must have been no more than 18.

Pz tried to play off-side and were caught a couple of times. 4-0 at half time and it wasn't until the last 20mins when Liskeard sat back and The Magpies altered their formation that they had a sight on goal.

You can only play who is on the pitch in front of you......

Dave not quite right there, the Assistant did not flag for a goal, he crossed his arms, only after the Buckland players crowded around the ref protesting did the assistant change his mind, the only thing I will say is that it did cross the line But the Assistant did not signal that it had, I would agree he was in line & should have been able to have made an instant decision, this he failed to do,

but also Falmouth are now out of the running for promotion, & Hodges will be out for the rest of the season with I understand now likely to miss at least 12 games.

Hammers :c::blink::c:

Ain't over yet :D

Interesting piece in Sunday independent today, it's says " it appears that Peninsula League outfit Falmouth Town have not followed interest in joining the league by submitting an application". Is this just an error on the papers side or have Falmouth said to the SWPL we are interested in going up but have done no more than that?

I hope they have because I can see Bodmin winning the league by a good margin and the run in to 2nd spot and promotion still has a aire of excitement to it, with Buckland,Falmouth and Launceston all still in it.

Torpoint 1v0 St Blazey.

Talking of Ivybridge, called off again!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on. It dosnt need to be Wembley standard!! Must have been heavy rain over the pitch because we havnt had much rain

Stop worrying about Ivybridge games being called off, the game was on until it poured down with rain.

and was left with standing water pools on the pitch which is considered a danger to players. It not the

clubs call it's the officials call. The club and players want to play football. It also rains at different times,

hence why you never had any, bit like Ivybridges game on Tuesday at St Austell being called off due to

I have been critical of the Ivybridge games being called off before at a late stage , but not in this instance .

I was driving from Taunton down to Cullompton on the M5 at about 2.20pm yesterday and drove through a downpour of near biblical proportions , this was probably the one that had just gone through Ivybridge . It was a case of down to 40mph and headlights on .

Plenty of other more established pitches would not have coped with that sort of sudden and sustained rain .

Torpoint 1v0 St Blazey.

I have been critical of the Ivybridge games being called off before at a late stage , but not in this instance .

I was driving from Taunton down to Cullompton on the M5 at about 2.20pm yesterday and drove through a downpour of near biblical proportions , this was probably the one that had just gone through Ivybridge . It was a case of down to 40mph and headlights on .

Plenty of other more established pitches would not have coped with that sort of sudden and sustained rain .

here here. We had the downpour here in Witheridge aswell and have to agree it was biblical proportions.

Torpoint 1v0 St Blazey.

here here. We had the downpour here in Witheridge aswell and have to agree it was biblical proportions.

Just read in the Indy that Yate v Tivvy in the Southern League had to be abandoned late in the game due to the pitch becoming flooded .

Torpoint 1-0 St Blazey

Official Attendance:128

Scorer:- Chris Maskell 56th Minute.

I don't know why the St Blazey fans thought it was a dire game, it maybe was for them!! But Torpoint have improved a great deal in the last few weeks with the East Cornwall lads from last season stepping up to the mark now. Four wins on the trot now for the Gold & Black Army. :thumbsup:

It was dire because it was. Neither team looked any good. Were just a little worse!! :rolleyes:

Decent crowd though.

Pastys were much better by the way. Several seasons ago I had one at Torpoint and it went in the bin. Thought id go for one on saturday, not bad at all.