Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town

So did they or didn't they submit an application to join the Western Premier League ?

Strange you seem to be the only Buckland supporters who did not know that falmouth & Buckland were the only two Clubs who had applied to move up to the Western Premier League. Parkway withdrew,

it was on the Form weeks ago,

Maybe yopu were asleep.

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

So did they or didn't they submit an application to join the Western Premier League ?

Strange you seem to be the only Buckland supporters who did not know that falmouth & Buckland were the only two Clubs who had applied to move up to the Western Premier League. Parkway withdrew,

it was on the Form weeks ago,

Maybe yopu were asleep.

Hammers :c::yahoo::c:

I think the point raised by the initial poster is "did Falmouth Town formally apply for the Western League ?"

According to what I have read on here and in today's Indy , it would appear not ....

From SWPL Forums.

The league secretary has E Mailed FTFC for clarification.

Right - Got somewhere with this.

Falmouth Town assure me that they have applied and did so in time and enclosed the relevant fee.

They are concerned that the Western League have already ground graded Buckland Athletic several weeks ago but have not as yet even arranged a date to inspect the facilities at Bickland Park.

Despite recent results they still wish the application to be processed because its A) Still possible for a Top 2 finish and Without a formal ground inspection they are unclear of what extra work would be required to satisfy the Western League that they can achieve the grading requirements.

I can also confirm that as a league we had notice originally that 3 clubs had applied, since then we have recd written notice from Plymouth Parkway withdrawing, but we have received no subsequent correspondence regarding Falmouth Town.

We have advised Falmouth Town to make contact with the FA and the Western League to progress the application that they have made and paid for !

Phil H

• 2 weeks later...

Just that this seems to have gone very quiet.

Buckland apparently had their ground inspection a month or more ago - even if Falmouth are not to finish second ahead of Buckland they will presumably still want the inspection they've paid for to establish what needs doing if they want to try again next season.