Cornwall Football Forum

promising youngsters for future!

Think ull find Perran have a youth set up that they pay no interest in!!!! Real shame

Sorry to correct you but that should read "Perran HAD a youth set up that they paid no interest in". For many years different people have tried to establish a flow of players from youth to senior teams at Perranporth and as a result of that several of the current first team and reserves there have come through our system. However, the decision was taken last year, for a variety of reasons, to move the remaining youth teams away from the club and establish themselves independently as Perranporth YFC which now runs with its own Committee and controls its own finances. We currently have teams at under 11, under 9 and under 8 and if you look across from the football club at 6 o'clock this evening Scotchio you will see us coaching these kids on the rugby pitch. If you would like to have a chat with me about the youth set-up we run (or the reasons for us moving away from Perranporth AFC) then feel free to wander over and say hello, otherwise good luck in your crusade... you'll need it B)

thats excellent news and having only been involved in the management of the reserves for the last 7 weeks or so i had no idea we have perran youngsters playing.I would be very keen to have a good chat and meet up with you.My cel is 07778995430.i am pleased to hear that you`ve got your own commitee as i think thats important....like i said would be keen to get involved and help out where i can please call me

Thats what Truro City youth have done, they're seperate from the club.

the problem with the progression of youth is that at some stage, the majority disappear off to University or play for a different mens team

I don't think that's a problem if these kids feel they have had the support of that senior club throughout their progression through youth football. Even the ones who go off to Uni (and let's be honest who'd discourage them?) can play for their club when they come back in the holidays. The problem both ourselves and Truro City Youth sadly found ourselves up against was an unfortunate lack of support for the development of these future players. However, Perranporth are doing their best to make a go of their men's teams and progress as well they can & I am happy to say my own son is a part of that & I wish the club the very best of luck.