Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Saltash

St Blazey 0v1 Saltash.

St Blazey had plenty of the ball in the first half but failed to create any good chances. Saltash looked good on the break and Tom in goal made several good saves including to top class saves to keep it 0-0 at H.T.

Half time I won the 50-50.....£20 :D

Second half was poor from a St Blazey point of view. Saltash to strong a team for St Blazey to ever get going. The goal was sloppy, maked up everyone from a corner but never noticed the player who ran to take a short corner, Ball played in and scrambled home. St Blazey huffed and puffed but never tested the goalkeeper. Two matched now without a single shot on goal.

Att. 80 est.

Sam Hughes scored the goal. Saltash had so many chances in front of goal, how it finished one nil i'll never know. Blackler made some fine saves first half. Was impressed with Shane while, he shone in a struggling side, i think it would be a waste if he was still at Blazey next season.

Sam Hughes scored the goal. Saltash had so many chances in front of goal, how it finished one nil i'll never know. Blackler made some fine saves first half. Was impressed with Shane while, he shone in a struggling side, i think it would be a waste if he was still at Blazey next season.

Apologies for getting the goalscorer wrong - thus deleted my post.

Have to agree with the question as to how this game finished up with only one goal! Saves from Blackler and chances from Hughes, Saint and Hicks not on target didn't help though.

As for St Blazey - well at times they put some passes together, but next to lowest scorers in the league tells their story tonight at least. Couldn't really see them scoring even though at times they pushed the opposition back. Nothing in the box to punish a defence.

A word on the ref - it's always good to watch games controlled by "George" Pattison - you can tell he is an ex-player who didn't mind getting stuck in himself. Despite the St Blazey dugout reckoning they had at least three (yes, I'm sure he said three) "no-brainer" penalties, I thought he got the decisions right with good tackles coming in just at the right moment. But then George was a swashbuckling centre-half! :thumbsup:

Fortunately, the Referee was allowed to "do his job" tonight and in all honesty, he had a good game. When I say allowed, I mean both benches had individuals with dignity, unlike some clubs within the CSWPL. The players too played their part and bookings were at a premium.

I didn't get to the Witheridge v Saltash United game, so therefore I am unable to give an opinion of "the ashes" performance, with I am told was woeful. However, "the ashes" gave a good team performance tonight.

I didnt think Saltash were even that good tonight. Bit better than average to be honest but just so much stronger than what St Blazey have. St Blazey can only hope that the games against Ivybridge and Marines are enough to stay third from bottom.

The race for 17th has never been so exciting!!! :D

Saltash dominated the first half and created numerous chances but only forcing blackler into a couple of saves. How it was 0-0 at ht no one knew. Second half blazey started well for 15 mins without testing the ashes keeper. You sensed it would only be a matter of time before ssltash scored but at the same time there was a feeling that blazey somehow might sneak a goal and knick it 1 nil. It wasnt to be as saltash scored around the 65th min mark and held on comfortably. First time ive seen saltash for a few years, not a bad side. Was impressed with a couple of their players, hicks upfront looked good, great movement. As for blazey, how the mighty have fallen! Watched mousehole vs newquay last saturday and can honestly say that mousehole would give blazey a good game. Next stop buckland vs bodmin friday night, should be a good un.

Something isn't quite right when a SWPL fixture between St.Blazey and senior cup finalists Saltash attract a crowd of 80... And St.Austell 2nd team and Foxhole reserves in dutchy 1 attract 110 on the same night... Well done St.Austell on another victory and what I'm sure will be an attendance record for dutchy football.

Something isn't quite right when a SWPL fixture between St.Blazey and senior cup finalists Saltash attract a crowd of 80... And St.Austell 2nd team and Foxhole reserves in dutchy 1 attract 110 on the same night... Well done St.Austell on another victory and what I'm sure will be an attendance record for dutchy football.

Think if you look at the travelling distance between the two sides playing a midweek game and that s why the crowd was so low.

Also maybe now with the position blazey are in it might mean a few are staying away.

St Blazey can only hope that the games against Ivybridge and Marines are enough to stay third from bottom.

The race for 17th has never been so exciting!!! :D

If the Marines can raise the team every week to the end of the season that played Buckland on Tuesday night, then look out !

There is no way they will go down.

If the committee thought right to ask him to return at the beginning of this season, surely they need to stick by their man to the end of this season Dan?

Saying that, look at the turn around produced by Wadebridge' since their decision to replace their previous manager. It proves an upturn in fortunes can be achieved, but does it make it the right thing to do??

If the committee thought right to ask him to return at the beginning of this season, surely they need to stick by their man to the end of this season Dan?

Saying that, look at the turn around produced by Wadebridge' since their decision to replace their previous manager. It proves an upturn in fortunes can be achieved, but does it make it the right thing to do??

I've not yet met a fan who thinks the team is in a better position under Bobby than it was under Glynn and Lafs. Apparently certain people with certain axes to grind are more important than success at this once great club.

Guest flick

Shane is a great player Timmy why he ever left Falmouth I'll never know ££££..

took big cut to go to blazey so defo not ££££,

did not take a big cut to go blazey at all, i know he's on ££££ there, so this is a rubbish comment.

Guest flick

I've not yet met a fan who thinks the team is in a better position under Bobby than it was under Glynn and Lafs. Apparently certain people with certain axes to grind are more important than success at this once great club.

maybe if everyone wasnt on Glyn and Laffs back when they were down there last season, then maybe they would still be hear this season. you were all slating Glyn and laffs last season and wanting bobby back, need to get a life i think.

Flick come on mate seriously how could you possibly know what Shane is getting ? Do you not think somebody in the know could possibly be his dad ? On a forum that is really into what players are getting paid and a forum where players are criticised for supposedly wanting to move clubs for another tenner then maybe he should be commended for taking a big cut to move to another club for footballing reasons !

Flick come on mate seriously how could you possibly know what Shane is getting ? Do you not think somebody in the know could possibly be his dad ? On a forum that is really into what players are getting paid and a forum where players are criticised for supposedly wanting to move clubs for another tenner then maybe he should be commended for taking a big cut to move to another club for footballing reasons !

Footballing reasons???????

"Hmmm...I think I'll leave a top paying club with potential to win the league, get promoted and fulfill my ambition to play in a higher league and go to a club in public turmoil with my misguided mate who got booted out of my original club because has wasn't very good"

What's that, Bodmin and Buckland are interested in me? Nah, don't fancy that, they're not as stable, ambitious and don't have as good a manager as Blazey, do they??"

The lad White may well have taken a pay cut to move away from Falmouth, but he certaihnly didn't move for football reasons. He moved because a former Falmouth team mate, tapped him up (hence the allegation about the 7 day rule being breached) and convinced him it would be a laugh, that he would be assistant manager and they'd end up with a great team next season.

All that's really happened is they've been dragged down by poor tactics, players who don't care about relegation and won't be there next season as they'll be off to better clubs and it's a continued embarrassment to people who should know better.

Proper fantasy football world you live in Randy, dear boy!

P.S I've enjoyed watching Town much more since the lad who did the convincing has not been here, so much less moaning and acting like a spoilt brat in evidence.

Do you want some ketchup with that chip on your shoulder daily observer ? Glad you are now back supporting Falmouth after spending a season supporting saltash because you couldn't bring yourself to watch me play for Falmouth ! Not going to argue with as i am wuite worried any contact with me might put you over the edge but would just ask you a question ! Who's under achieving between a club with the biggest budget in the league Who were out of the title race before Christmas or a club having to build from scratch at the start of the season playing young lads with not a lot experience who are still in with a great chance of keeping their club in this league ??? Just a quick point daily observer saying we are getting dragged down to players bad levels then in the next sentence saying the same players will go to better teams when we are relegated is kind of a contradiction ! Keep your chin up buddy !

Guest flick

shane was on 100 or so at falmouth a week not per game, he is now gettin 100 per game no pay cut there, his dad would say he's taken a pay cut to stop people commenting on his decision to move. i know!

"maybe if everyone wasnt on Glyn and Laffs back when they were down there last season, then maybe they would still be hear this season. you were all slating Glyn and laffs last season and wanting bobby back, need to get a life i think."

I have never slated Glynn and Lafs, nor have I ever heard any of the true fans of this club do so.

Please avoid making uninformed comments on this forum.

Whilst its mathematically still possible, who can say. But my gut feeling is that they won't and I hope that they don't. What do you think?

I sincerely hope they don't go down, it's a big club with a lot of history, and I think with some changes in certain areas there should be no reason why they can't enjoy the good times again, certainly better times than at present.

shane was on 100 or so at falmouth a week not per game, he is now gettin 100 per game no pay cut there, his dad would say he's taken a pay cut to stop people commenting on his decision to move. i know!

any time you want to call me a liar, feel free to tap me on the shoulder and tell me so

That sounds more of a challenge than an invite! May I suggest Mr White, if you choose to air your views here on this forum, then you prepare yourself to accept others even if that includes views on your son.

Nobody expects any father to not back his son up, but in afraid the amount of shifting between clubs that Shane has made, is always going to bring bad press. Fact I'm afraid.

If Shane is still a St Blazey player come August 2012, then it will be reassuring to see he has settled a little. However if he has moved on again, then the entire football fraternity will be back on here accusing him of being a mecernary.

Tine will tell, but good luck to you and Shane for the rest of this season in the meantime.

Guest flick

any time you want to call me a liar, feel free to tap me on the shoulder and tell me so

Haha boring comment and believe me, bothered!!!............NOT