Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC

Well done to the Peppermints .One of those clubs that should be in the Premier Division, although the Newquay derby versus Godolphin will a fixture that will be missed ( especially by the respective treasurers).

Has the planning already started for next season ? Any rumours on the player front ?

Well done to Newquay today, all but securing the league title. Hoops and Laffs doing a superb job there, quietly getting on with the job in hand, pity St Blazey didn't hang on to them.

No mention for the other coach Kelvin Hunkin - great knowledge of local football and coaching as well

Well done to my local team deserved to go up with the attacking way they play ,no disrespect to this league but it is pretty poor next season will be like being back in the old south western league it will be nice if Godolphin can join Newquay because they are a fantastic club not with the resourses Newquay has and Derek Martin has done miracles there and has a very talented team of young player,s .Roll on next season when the falmouths and st austell will be back up mt wise ,doesnt look like Bodmin will be because they will be promoted for sure .A big well done to the peppermints and the g .

funny how a club like newquay always struggled in the past,then all of a sudden a large amount of money drops in their laps n every 1 jumps on the band wagon,dont c any body congratulating the people behind the scenes that have worked their guts out trying 2 get club where it is 2day from where the old swl left off

I godda agree with you there goose. No mention of Jimbo Hilton at all!!! If it wernt for that man and his efforts over the past seasons they would be in massive state the bloke dedicates his life to football at that club from 1st team gaffer running and helping most the youth teams at Newquay and now running the 3rds shame he wasn't given the same budget!!!

Goosefish, very good point about the hard working people behind the scenes. There are some fantastic people committed to enhancing Newquays position in South West football, not only the first team, but reserves, thirds, forths, ladies and many youth teams. Every ambitious football club needs these unsung heroes.

A bit concerned regarding your suggestion of "large amount of money drops in their laps" though. Do you think the club is sitting on a gold mine or just won the lottery or something?! No "large" amounts of money just a competitive amount Goosefish.

Soccerfan maybe i am not always right i heard so many rumours about Bodmin goin up 1 min the next they are staying where they are ,i put on this website about 6 weeks ago Isaac Vassel while be goin to truro on loan from Plymouth where did he go last week let me think TRURO CITY i get more right than wrong jealous are we lol.

Soccerfan maybe i am not always right i heard so many rumours about Bodmin goin up 1 min the next they are staying where they are ,i put on this website about 6 weeks ago Isaac Vassel while be goin to truro on loan from Plymouth where did he go last week let me think TRURO CITY i get more right than wrong jealous are we lol.

Just a little joke 100% Cornish. Any friend of Newquay AFC is a friend of mine :)

It is nice that others feel that congratulations are in order, there are many who deserve credit and plaudits and when the time comes, we will celebrate as a club, not just the SWPL side.

Mind you, it helped that we tripped over that leprechaun when weeding the centre circle last summer, nearly didn't see the poor little fella hiding behind that pot of gold, he didn't notice us as he was shading his eyes from a dazzling double rainbow.

Any money the club has managed to bring in, was due to the efforts of many people behind the scenes, companies do not throw cash at football clubs, you have to work for it. The club has gone through an amazing transformation in the last 18 months and yes, we are proud of what everyone has achieved in such a short period of time. There are two ways a club can go forward, the one man and his dog route. Or the blood, sweat and tears of many.

We look forward to visiting old foes and new friends next season, a few games pencilled in as overnight stays. We have also asked the FA for a Vase trip to Guernsey FC, so if you want to follow a real up and coming club, you know where to find us.

I can assure everyone that it wasn't me that they tripped over in the centre circle !!

Congratulations the everyone at Mountwise, I've always had a grand relationship with everyone there, especially Mark, all the other suporters and of course the dearly missed Brian who always went out of his way for me, I'm sure he will be smiling from a high.

Goosefish, very good point about the hard working people behind the scenes. There are some fantastic people committed to enhancing Newquays position in South West football, not only the first team, but reserves, thirds, forths, ladies and many youth teams. Every ambitious football club needs these unsung heroes.

A bit concerned regarding your suggestion of "large amount of money drops in their laps" though. Do you think the club is sitting on a gold mine or just won the lottery or something?! No "large" amounts of money just a competitive amount Goosefish.

phil-deep pockets-lafferty is a walking goldmine himself!!! n flybe aint a bad sponsor! put that together with james-dull as drain water-chapman n uv got a guaranteed cashflow jackpot,as 4 the double rainbow n leprechaun thats nearly as believable as nemesis claiming 2 work lol

all joking aside tho well done 2 the people behind the scenes on wot u have achieved :drink:

Goosefish :yahoo::)

Perhaps I could assist yourself and St Dennis 4ths with some additional sponsorship for the coming season.

Regards

James dull as drain water Chapman :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all at Newquay FC

quality chappers how much can u get 4 us 2 help with the refurb on the changing rooms ????