Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland v Falmouth

Once again a good game for any neutrals but perhaps not so much for those of us following our teams.

Falmouth converted two penalties, both very dubious in my opinion, the first was definitely NOT a penalty ! It was Matt Drummond who blatantly handled the ball, and it was the Buckland lads who shouted for handball too, but the ref gave a penalty to Falmouth instead of a free kick to Buckland ????

A sloppy ball fed back by Cameron Kelly, meant defender Liam Drew had to put in a tackle in the 18 yard box, I actually thought it was Drewie who was fouled, but once again the ref pointed to the spot for the second, much to the protestations of Liam !

The other Buckland Liam ... Mr Moseley will rue the one on one chances he had in the opening 20 minutes, and had he kept his composure Buckland may well of gone in at half time 5 up, but apart from those "missed chances" he kept running for 90 minutes and caused a headache for the Falmouth defence.

As for the disallowed goal, when you start putting 3 on the keeper, chances are that the keeper will get fouled, and Monty was certainly pushed.

A good night being a Buckland follower and to top it off, Karen won the 50/50 !

My Buckland MOTM ..Cameron Kelly who I thought had a solid game at the back.

So the ref got the decisions that went against you wrong, and those that went for you, he got right? <rollseyes>

The second was a stonewaller. No question. There was some doubt over the first but the ref did not see an elbow into Drummond's face...so that would have been a penalty, and presumably, a sending off. So swings and roundabouts. Also, I heard at least one Buckland player claim it was 'accidental', so it wasn't just the ref who thought the defender did handle the ball.

One gripe is the lack of injury time. I think there must have been something on the telly last night as he seemed in a rush to end it. Not only did he disallow a last minute equaliser, he couldn't have played more than a minute of added time. Given the injuries (not excessive but there were a couple), subs, the ref stopping the match to talk to someone on the bench, time-wasting etc...that seemed strange.

Can't really argue that the best side on the night went through. Good luck to Buckland in the final.

Once again a good game for any neutrals but perhaps not so much for those of us following our teams.

Falmouth converted two penalties, both very dubious in my opinion, the first was definitely NOT a penalty ! It was Matt Drummond who blatantly handled the ball, and it was the Buckland lads who shouted for handball too, but the ref gave a penalty to Falmouth instead of a free kick to Buckland ????

A sloppy ball fed back by Cameron Kelly, meant defender Liam Drew had to put in a tackle in the 18 yard box, I actually thought it was Drewie who was fouled, but once again the ref pointed to the spot for the second, much to the protestations of Liam !

The other Buckland Liam ... Mr Moseley will rue the one on one chances he had in the opening 20 minutes, and had he kept his composure Buckland may well of gone in at half time 5 up, but apart from those "missed chances" he kept running for 90 minutes and caused a headache for the Falmouth defence.

As for the disallowed goal, when you start putting 3 on the keeper, chances are that the keeper will get fouled, and Monty was certainly pushed.

Didn't see the game-sounds like Falmouth should have lost 8-1

R u a buckland fan by anychance?.

On the night I have to say Buckland deserved to go through - look alone at the chances Liam Moseley either missed or had saved by Jason Chapman!

Regarding the contentious points - hard for me to judge on the first pen - too far away to see!

I thought the second penalty was fair enough - foul tackle.

The disallowed goal - Chris Menhenick rose like a rugby forward at a line out, with the help of others! That alone, for me it looked like there was an unfair advantage somewhere.