Cornwall Football Forum

Friday nights scores

Parkway 2 - 1 Launceston

Game of few chances looked to be heading for another 0 - 0 for the Clarets, then the game burst into life in the last 15. Ryan Richards and the Will Stringer missed guilt edged chances for Parkway - both put tame efforts wide with the keeper to beat. Launceston seemed to have snatched a late winner after Parkway's 2nd keeper Dean Turner failed to hold on to headed attempt on goal and a Clarets striker nipped in to score from close range. 3 minutes later the scores were level after a great run a cross by left winger Wyatt was met at the far post by (I think) Sam Hilson (No 12). The winner arrived two minutes from the final whistle when another great cross from Wyatt was tucked away by Hilson again. Virtually a repeat of the first goal, leaving Leigh Coopers outfit totally deflated.

Plymouth Parkway's player who scored both goals was P Heveran who came on as a substitute for A hulme. A deserved 3 pts for Plymouth Parkway who must now have their eye on finishing third place in the league.

Pretty tight game last night ,two resolute defences that both sides struggled to open up. Don't think either keeper had a save to make in the first half .

Game came to life in the latter stages though , Lauceston seemed to step up the pace looking for the win , but both Ryan Richards and Will Stringer missed clear chances for Parkway when it seemed easier to score . Feared the worst when Launceston knocked the ball in after Parkway's teenage keeper "Wiggy" Turner couldn't hold the ball , but substitute Paul Heveran equalised and ( I think it was) Richards that got a dramatic late,late winner which unleashed the Parkway Poznan on the Charlie Baggott Kop .

That is now eighteen points taken from a possible twenty one in the last seven games .

Absorbing game of football , played in the right spirit and well officiated . Don't remember any moaning or abuse aimed at the referee or linesmen from either dugout .

Would be interested to see what the gates were at Ivybridge and Cullompton last night , pretty poor at Boilitho considering that it was a game played on a lovely spring evening between two high flying sides .

Way Of The Park, a very good summery of the game between Plymouth Parkway and Launceston but the one thing you didn't get right was the fact that P Heveran did score both of Plymouth Parkway's goals as i stated in my earlier post, i can excuse you for this error as both the goals were almost identical. keep up your match reports tho please as they are informative and otherwise accurate and good for people who can't get to the games to have some idea of how well each team on the day/night performed.

GUINESS I stand corrected, I have no problem with getting the 2nd goal scorer wrong and apologise to R Richards for taking his excellent goal away from him, i don't feel like i have egg on my face even tho 3 People think R Richards scored either both or one of the goals in Friday evenings game. I genuinely thought that the Subtitute that came on ( P Heveran) scored both goals with 2 neat finishes from the back post, i believe it's time for myself to visit Spec Savers as my eyesight clearly needs some help.

GUINESS I stand corrected, I have no problem with getting the 2nd goal scorer wrong and apologise to R Richards for taking his excellent goal away from him, i don't feel like i have egg on my face even tho 3 People think R Richards scored either both or one of the goals in Friday evenings game. I genuinely thought that the Subtitute that came on ( P Heveran) scored both goals with 2 neat finishes from the back post, i believe it's time for myself to visit Spec Savers as my eyesight clearly needs some help.

You are forgiven R2000 . I thought at the time though that it did look like a "Number 9 " on the back of the celebrating player .Thanks for the comments on the match reports . Just saying it as I see it , no matter whether it's good,bad or indifferent

Doesn't matter who scored it though . It's a team game, they all count ,he was over the moon,Launceston were sick as a parrot ( I'll stop now before I descend even further into Saint And Greavsie football cliche-ville) ....