Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock budget slashed!

Cullompton 3 Tavy 3(Hobbs 2,j Kelly 1) Just heard the result, Tavy played 442 and had to come from behind to win but finished the stronger and had more time been played felt they would have gone on and won. Great team effort and good team spirit with everyone playing for each other.

Well jimmy kiely played for us Friday at cullumpton, and said he'll b there this Friday against launceston. He still signed for Wessex I guess as he played for them on Saturday. Like what's already been said hes a cracking lad and player to have at tavy.

With the budget in place at tavy is southy doing a good job?

He's been at tavy for a good few years now, and let's be honest he's had a good budget to work with. what has he achieved?

This is not a dig, just a question

I personally think southys A good manager. Just the lads that have come in ain't up 2 scratch. How can u replace the likes of John wyatt 1 of the best players in the league with the likes of Glyn Hobbs, not 2 mention losing mike Landricombe & replacing him with Matt David!! Who's a decent p&d player.Southys a top bloke but hasn't replaced with quality.

Having followed Tavy this season I have noticed Southy is quite keen to see local young players progress through Tavy ECPL and become involved with the 1st. The ECPL side have had a great season and the players they have brought on have gone into the 1st and done well when called upon.Starting a topic using the word 'budget cut' and then commenting on a Tavy player spectating at a game, rather than follow his team in my opinion is somebody just having a cheap shot at Tavy. Looking at the players in the ECPL side coming up through and with the players Southy decides he wants to keep for next season, I think its looking good for the club. Once the 3rd team have found their feet it will help players progress into the ECPL side and will just be like the old days back in the 80's,and early 90's when Tavy had 3 good sides out on a Saturday. Cant beat playing for the 3rds on Whitchurch down!!

Mex, I'm certainly not having a 'cheap shot at Tavy'. I was walking away from the last Parkway match and clearly heard someone from the club state that Tavy's budget had been halved and that Andy Sargeant had been watching the match. Without naming names a PSW Prem manager said he'd heard the same. After all the recent budget activity at Parkway which resulted in players leaving it seemed reasonable to raise this issue on the forum. 21 replies later and no one has confirmed or denied this budget rumour or confirmed whether Andy played against Cully or was watching Parkway - Fair enough?

How can u say glynn Hobbs is not quality, by far the best player this side of Bristol, maybe they haven't replaced the good players like landricombe( both), I see at the beginning of the season they signed Ricky Allen, not good enough and it goes to show with the amount of games he's played, Southey can only get a good team cause of the budget he's got, hence Hobbs comin back, poor manager

No matter how good you are you can't turn up to game hungover etc.... And still have the same impact. It's up to him what he does but Southy for some reason puts up with it, total waste of money, you may get 6/7 quality perfermonces but the rest are below what he is capable of.

Hobbsy can play better hungover/still wa€%ered than a few players in the swpl can in their peak which is why no one doubts him.there ain't one team in the swpl that wouldn't want him.

Glyn is a terrific player , and is probably the most naturally gifted player I have seen in the local leagues in the last few years . When he is fit and in the mood he can turn any game . The problem is though that in the last few months those days have been increasingly few and far between .

The last time I saw him play was at Bolitho Park for Tavistock a few weeks ago . He was pretty anonymous .

The harsh fact is that when he was part of the Parkway exodus , none of the top sides were interested .

Hope that his talent does not go to waste . I really feel that if one or two well documented aspects of his life had been sorted out, then he could have made a living from the game at a much higher level