Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge v Blazey (well someone had to do a report!)

On an ideal night for football and with a healthy crowd of around 120 Blazey overcame a determined comeback by the Bridgers with a last gasp winner. This wasn't the best match I've seen this season by quite a stretch but the last 20 minutes more than made up for it.

With Blazey leading 2-0 early on, Ivybridge pulled one back late in the first half and it seemed the next goal would be decisive. Ivybridge started the 2nd half the stronger side and an equaliser seemed inevitable but when their chance came they were denied by a brilliant close range save by Tom Blackler. Within minutes Blazey had extended their lead with a touch of class from Seb Broomfield. His superb strike from the corner of the penalty area sailed over keeper Josh Oak and dipped under the bar to complete Seb's hatrick.

This only spurred on Ivybridge and they dominated the play for much of the second half. Within 10 minutes it was back to 3-2 and shortly after 3-3 and it seemed that there was to be only one winner. All that changed however when Seb Broomfield broke free once again and planted a crisp shot into the far corner of Oak's net to seal a deserved victory in the final minutes of the match.

(Hopefully I've got the match report as accurate as possible but it's 12:40am, I start work in about 6 hours but at least someone's took the time to put a match report on what is a 'soccer forum' - we're not all perfect!)

Didn't have a pasty but they looked good and smelled lovely!

On an ideal night for football and with a healthy crowd of around 120 Blazey overcame a determined comeback by the Bridgers with a last gasp winner. This wasn't the best match I've seen this season by quite a stretch but the last 20 minutes more than made up for it.

With Blazey leading 2-0 early on, Ivybridge pulled one back late in the first half and it seemed the next goal would be decisive. Ivybridge started the 2nd half the stronger side and an equaliser seemed inevitable but when their chance came they were denied by a brilliant close range save by Tom Blackler. Within minutes Blazey had extended their lead with a touch of class from Seb Broomfield. His superb strike from the corner of the penalty area sailed over keeper Josh Oak and dipped under the bar to complete Seb's hatrick.

This only spurred on Ivybridge and they dominated the play for much of the second half. Within 10 minutes it was back to 3-2 and shortly after 3-3 and it seemed that there was to be only one winner. All that changed however when Seb Broomfield broke free once again and planted a crisp shot into the far corner of Oak's net to seal a deserved victory in the final minutes of the match.

(Hopefully I've got the match report as accurate as possible but it's 12:40am, I start work in about 6 hours but at least someone's took the time to put a match report on what is a 'soccer forum' - we're not all perfect!)

Thanks Mikesrep , excellent report .

Me and The Bald One were going to attend last night , but feared the worst when it started to rain at about 5.30pm .

Thanks Mikesrep , excellent report .

Me and The Bald One were going to attend last night , but feared the worst when it started to rain at about 5.30pm .

The first rain in a month and you pair have become 'Fair weather supporters!!' Can't believe it! Thanks for the reply though...much appreciated. Lets hope it don't rain on Friday or you'll both miss out on some cracking fixtures. LOL

I'm missing all the action being up in Scotland at the mo.

Sorry not to see any reports from Blazey fans, but I know that under the current regime, the "Blazey fan" has become an endangered species.

The odds looked well against us earlier in the season, but after a couple of positive results, it now looks 90% sure we'll survive.

The big question is what is going to be done to ensure we are not left in this mess again next season, or will the "this is the way we've always done things" attitude prevail, leading to the inevitability of step 7 football within the next 2 or 3 seasons.