Cornwall Football Forum

What does this mean for St Blazey ?

I think Penzance would start sweating a bit if Royal Marines were to pull out of the league before the end of the season. They have claimed 6 points from Marines this season, where St Blazey have only claimed 3 points.

Royal Marines are pulling out at the end of the season. It will have an impact on the relegation issue.

The one problem the league has is the lack of clubs wanting to be promoted into the league from Cornish sides. With Div 1 West being short of teams and it was looking likely that if 2 Devon clubs were relegated from the Premier Division then another team from Devon would have replaced Newquay (who should be promoted) in Div 1 West whilst either Sticker or Bude would have joined from the ECPL to make up a full compliment of teams.

Obviously if St Blazey were going down then they would swap with Newquay.

There is a problem that both Sticker and Bude will not be allowed to be promoted as both might not finish high enough in their league causing an even bigger headache for the SWPL.

I can tell you some news that not many know.

The SWPL were willing to consider a late application from Wendron United from the Combo but that fell through at the 11th hour and 45mins.

I think Penzance would start sweating a bit if Royal Marines were to pull out of the league before the end of the season. They have claimed 6 points from Marines this season, where St Blazey have only claimed 3 points.

wont have anything to do with the final outcome as they are fulfilling this seasons fixtures

Why has there been no clarification from the league on this.

To me its simple :

Liverton replace Royal Marines

Buckland Go up and are replaced by Newquay.

St Blazey FC there was no point throwing all that money at survival, you couldn't of been relegated anyway.

This is my understanding, if I ma missing something then please elaborate.

MM

Why has there been no clarification from the league on this.

To me its simple :

Liverton replace Royal Marines

Buckland Go up and are replaced by Newquay.

St Blazey FC there was no point throwing all that money at survival, you couldn't of been relegated anyway.

This is my understanding, if I ma missing something then please elaborate.

MM

Unless Barnstaple finish bottom 2 and are relegated to SWP and replaced by Buckland. In this case the 19th SWP club is relegated.

Why dont the football authorities look at each league on a geographical and an individual basis? Unfortunately the pyramid system is not working in some areas, the southwest included. Teams like Bodmin not wanting to go up for whatever reason, and financially I would say they are right. What a travesty it would be if the league allowed A team like Wendron into the SWPL west, when teams like Falmouth reserves, would gladly move up to this league, but are not allowed to because of the pyramid rules. This is almost rewarding mediocre league performance and discouraging progressive and more successful clubs, and more importantly, possibly diluting, the quality, and weakening a higher league! The leagues shouldnt panic, they should consult the clubs and find practical, sustainable, solutions.