Cornwall Football Forum

Good Luck To Newquay Today

THANKS NORTH DEVON. LETS HOPE THE PLAYERS TURN UP FOR NEWQUAY TODAY, UNLIKE TUES NIGHT AGAINST PENRYN. PENRYN PUT ON A FANTASTIC DISPLAY OF DETERMINATION, WANTING TO WIN, AND A NEVER GIVE IN ATTITUDE, IF YOU PARDON THE PUN. IF WE PLAY LIKE THAT, THE G WILL NOT BE AS FORGIVING. NEWQUAY ARE CAPABLE OF PLAYING SUM GREAT FOOTBALL, AND SO ARE THE G. LETS HOPE THE FOOTBALLING SIDE OF NEWQUAY TURN UP, AND ITS A CRACKING GAME

Congrats to all the lads at newqs, (other then braddy trophy hunting shit) lol ;) ha completely destroyed the league, and ur now were u should be, great crowd great management team who should take u far, all the best for a new season in the SWPL, think ul do very well, all the best St Dennis AFC

Well done to any club that wins their league, Well done Newquay.

Will this be your last promotion or will you buck the trend and push for the Western League?

Unfair comment as Buckland have already applied for promotion this year. :SM_carton_y:

he may have been referring to cornish clubs though??

Godolphin2 Newquay 3..The Newquay 3rd goal should not have stood.A godolphin goal kick was intercepted by a Newquay player inside the penalty area to score,the goal kick should have been re-taken.

From where we were standing the Newquay forwards touch to control the ball was INSIDE the area, his standing leg was OUTSIDE the area, goal shouldn't have stood. I don't think the lino was looking at all. Quality finish though

Congratulations to everybody at Newquay Football Club, delighted to see the Peppermints promoted.

I thought that Luke Weldhen was excellent this afternoon, a fine assist and a quality (if not potentially controversial) finish that will hopefully be cleared up with the photographer's image. Delighted to see Paul Hampshire's opening goal too, I was surprised that he didn't bring the ball down and pass it to a team-mate!

Credit to Derek and his Godolphin team, I didn't feel that there was much between the sides today and it was great to see that the vast majority of the Godolphin side has been together for a good few years - I hope it isn't long before we see the Newquay derby match again. Two fantastic goals, especially the second from Kyle Brown.

Any confirmation of today's attendance?

Well done to any club that wins their league, Well done Newquay.

Will this be your last promotion or will you buck the trend and push for the Western League?

Unfair comment as Buckland have already applied for promotion this year. :SM_carton_y:

he may have been referring to cornish clubs though??

Hello Cat, Long time no speak, hope you are well and the coaching going well.

I was thinking clubs generally, as you mention not one particular club.

I hope Buckland are not paranoid because they have shunned the opportunity in the past.

OH I WISH I was clever enough for "The Buck" pun, Thanks Buckland fan for the smiles.

I must add that there are clubs who apply for promotion to keep their fans happy knowing

full well they won't pass the ground grading system, I tend to WATCH THIS SPACE when

applications are submitted because the failure rate is quite high and many only do it to find

out what would be needed should one day they take promotion seriously or to strengthen

their case to change attitudes within their own club, saying we can't afford to go up.

I must shoot off now early start for my day trip to Treyew Road, hope to get home 1 o'c on

Sunday morning, must be mad almost a 600 mile trip to see Truro City.