Cornwall Football Forum

Good Friday results and action

Final score

Falmouth Town 9-2 Penzance (Reserves)

Cornishteddyboy,your excuses don't hold any water I'm afraid,the other week Falmouth played with at least 4 reserves in the team, did anyone put reserves in brackets then ?? No.

Accept the fact that that you have to beat what is put in front of you,which is what we did comprehensively !

I promise that if you were to win against a weakened Town team in the future we won't blub and cry ' reserves,reserves ' !

Son of Lineker, is there any need to get wound up by what an ardent fan of one club puts on this forum, and post what I see to be an aggresive response?

Your team more than deserved their victory on Friday, so why not act with a little dignity and enjoy the moment? :thumbsup:

this site is like reading a comic some of you havnt a clue just on here for the banter { THE BALD ONE AND WAY OF THE PARK } They crack me up pasty cup whatever next anything for a response typical hangers on 2season wonders they will be our next referees and linesman allways stick together like to a blanket

The next time I see Tricky Ricky, I shall give him some commas, full stops and capital letters. :)

I can see where he's coming from though. I mean, why watch an attractive playing team like Parkway, when you can swear allegiance to his team, and then in the middle of winter, go shopping with the missus, as your new team will not be playing due to a waterlogged pitch. (Don't react Tricky, it was said tongue in cheek :) )

this site is like reading a comic some of you havnt a clue just on here for the banter { THE BALD ONE AND WAY OF THE PARK } They crack me up pasty cup whatever next anything for a response typical hangers on 2season wonders they will be our next referees and linesman allways stick together like to a blanket

Good evening to you as well Richard .

You have got me there I cannot claim to have any allegiance to Parkway stretching back for many years as you undoubtedly have with Ivybridge .I have been following Parkway on and off the past four seasons and constantly for the past two seasons ( you are correct on that one , I will let you have that ) . Previous to that I had been following Liskeard Athletic since the late seventies up until the mid nineties . I moved away from the Liskeard area after that , and also had work commitments that meant I could not go on a Saturday . Picked up on Parkway properly about two seasons ago after ( to be blatantly honest ) falling out of love a bit with local football ( standard seem to have dropped appreciably , too many average players with overly high opinions of themselves picking up too much money and not giving anything in return , a stale league (South Western League) with the same teams always winning and the poor teams always staying up . What a difference a few years make :wacko: ).

Started going to Parkway initially 'cos it was local ( only 10 minutes from where I live ) and a fraction of the cost of going to Argyle . Introduced the Bald One ( he had just packed in running a DJM side and was looking to do something to evade Mrs Bald One's household tasks on a Saturday) , and it just sort of went from there . After a few weeks we got familiar with who the players were , who the opponents were and what the results meant for league positions . Me and the Bald One dragged one or two others along , before you know it you're hooked , buying a season ticket and doing away trips etc,etc . The next step was to get inolved on this forum and spread the love/put over the Parkway point of view .

The Pasty Cup came out of the sort of infantile banter that we tend to indulge in at matches .It is , after all, supposedly a release from the mundane Monday-Friday existence . We don't spend all our time analysing tactical systems and refereeing decisions , we spend ages discussing the running style of opposition physios, wondering which ageing film star the bloke stood to our left looks like and why the linesmen appears to wearing his wife's underwear (amongst many other topics) . Rating the away pasties became part of this (ours have improved greatly since the days of the questionable burgers we used to buy out of that dodgy van that used to park at the ground ) , we thought it might be interesting to find out other people's thoughts .

If this is not highbrow enough for you Ricky , then I apologise .Apply your own censorial judgement , and don't read it We will probably abandon it next season anyway. And replace it with the Cider Cup .....

Final score

Falmouth Town 9-2 Penzance (Reserves)

Cornishteddyboy,your excuses don't hold any water I'm afraid,the other week Falmouth played with at least 4 reserves in the team, did anyone put reserves in brackets then ?? No.

Accept the fact that that you have to beat what is put in front of you,which is what we did comprehensively !

I promise that if you were to win against a weakened Town team in the future we won't blub and cry ' reserves,reserves ' !

Son of Lineker, is there any need to get wound up by what an ardent fan of one club puts on this forum, and post what I see to be an aggresive response?

Your team more than deserved their victory on Friday, so why not act with a little dignity and enjoy the moment? :thumbsup:

forum

n forum [ˈfoːrəm]

1 any public place in which discussions take place

Tricky , Tricky , Tricky ,

Who made you the "who has a clue about football " Policeman ?

Here are the facts : I have been involved in football for over 30 years as a player, Manager or a spectator . This season alone ,I will spend approx £350 following Parkway and do not see how this makes me a hanger on ?

As for the light humoured topic of the Pasty Cup , this has had 5642 views.

If you do not like what I write , I suggest that you do not read it.