Cornwall Football Forum

Easter Monday Special

No complaints about the result. Some suspect defending let us down. That said, Bodmin were the better side over 90 mins, and had a very strong subs bench. I do feel that Saltash gave a good account of themselves.

The only down side was a small minority of the Bodmin supporters. They were abusive to anyone that came close to them, both officials and the ashes players.....and as for the screeching woman !!!!!!! Seriously my dear, we came to watch a football match, not listen to you. I can only liken her voice to scraping your nails down a blackboard!!!!!

I'm not sure why the Saltash management changed the side that beat Liskeard so comprehensively? Obviously Darren Hicks couldn't play, but that's the only change I would have made

Was there a good crowd what was the attendance

Attendance was just short of 400, not bad considering the weather.

Is that for the whole afternoon? And how does that figure compare to other seasons?

For the whole afternoon and down by a couple of hundred on last season i was informed.

Was there a good crowd what was the attendance

Attendance was just short of 400, not bad considering the weather.

Is that for the whole afternoon? And how does that figure compare to other seasons?

That's a very poor figure for the biggest game in Cornish football, but maybe to be expected, as Bodmin have very poor support generally and Saltash don't seem to travel well, even for big matches.

The Senior Cup final attendances have fluctuated massively over the past few years; with anything from 300 to 2,000. Considering the historical importance of the two fixtures, it really is a shame to see any less than 1,000 through the gate.

Would have been a beautiful sunny day if Falmouth were there. The gods were angry. ;)

Well done Bodmin in preventing a travesty.

I Like it Frank lol-you are of course referring to the CCFA?

Well I suppose the CCFA were tied by the rules...I'm just glad Saltash didn't profit from their opportunism.

Falmouths not been on form recently so they would have been pasted all over the pitch.see it every year teams do well at beginning and it's slows down at the end.best team won on the day no matter who was playing bodmin would have won.3-2 I think is a very reasonable score for the conditions yesterday.

timestamp='1334050279' post='198722']

Falmouths not been on form recently so they would have been pasted all over the pitch.see it every year teams do well at beginning and it's slows down at the end.best team won on the day no matter who was playing bodmin would have won.3-2 I think is a very reasonable score for the conditions yesterday.

Ah rite I suppose saltash have been on form have they?.

Would have been a beautiful sunny day if Falmouth were there. The gods were angry. ;)

Well done Bodmin in preventing a travesty.

I Like it Frank lol-you are of course referring to the CCFA?

Well I suppose the CCFA were tied by the rules...I'm just glad Saltash didn't profit from their opportunism.

So IF Falmouth had made to the final and won, that would have been ok? It would have been a travesty if Falmouth had made the final. They broke the rules, the were made to pay the penalty.

However, if Falmouth had not broken the rules and made the final, fair game on them.

Anyway, thats the Cornwall Senior Cup for another season.

Got nothing to worry about where saltash are. We got a game in hand on them aswell. Just worry where torpoint are.

8 wins in a row currently I think also catching up with you and you get the same for 4th spot as you do 8th spot and haven't needed to pay stupid money to get know where I'd say needn't worry about torpoint at all