Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Final

Bodmin win on penalties, after the game finished goalless aet

Penalty details:-

Buckland go first with Kevin Miller making a great save to Danny Gaze's well struck effort

Luke Hodge, only brought on as a sub a couple of minutes before the end of extra time scores

Bodmin 1-0 after 1 each

Simon Revell scores, Chris Luxton's effort saved by Kenny Griffiths

1-1 after 2 each

Dean Stevens scores, as does Olly Brokenshire

2-2 after 3 each

Gary Fisher scores, Sam Matthews is saved

3-2 after 4 each

If Buckland score the next, they win the Cup and with player-manager Anthony Lynch, a reknown striker, taking it, surely Bodmin's treble hopes are slim!

He misses! Steve Colwell scores and it's all level 3-3 after 5 each and onto sudden death.

Liam Moseley makes no mistake for Buckland, Town's goally Kevin Miller almost breaks the net with his!

4-4 after 6.

Good one from Danny Lewis, and Craig Swiggs levels

5-5 after 7

Substitute Ben Cowling then takes the next one for Buckland, and sadly for the player, it's the first one to miss the target. It's all on Lewis Reed to step up and clinch the treble for Bodmin.

Reed scores and it's 6-5 after penalties for Bodmin.

The Man of the Match also went to Bodmin Town - central defender Tom Chambers

Yes well done to the season, we gave it our best today and made more of a game of it than in the league encounters, a treble is a great achievement. Thought our keeper and back 4 were superb to take the pressure from the 2 main strikers, we had a few half chances but never really put Kev Miller to the test.

In the end it went to pens, both keepers did well, and saved a couple, lynchy had the chance to win it but Kev Miller made a great save, then our young substitute put his effort over the bar, and the Bodmin lad tucked his away to win it. I would say we made it hard for you to break us down, and maybe you ran out of ideas on how to get the goal. I was proud of our team today, they looked knackered at the end, and a few carrying knocks, for the last week or so.

Good luck to Bodmin for next season, not that you will need it, and hope if we do get the chance to retain the Charity Shield against you in August.

I have got to say how impressed I was with the Tavistock pitch, looked like a pre season game with the amount of grass on it, a few hours work and his pre season work is done, well done to the groundsman, wish ours/mine looked like that in may.

Yes agree, tremendous performance from Buckland today especially the back four who took O`Hagan and Carter right out of the game.

Buckland will again rue those missed chances, especially Lynchy and hammo.

Losing Mike Booth after just ten minutes was a massive blow to Buckland, and then Chrissy Wright too.

But it was a very evenly matched affair and a penalty shoot out is always a cruel way to lose a final.

The Lads certainly looked knackered at the end, but who wouldn't with the punishing run in they have had ? And they have another 90 minutes on Wednesday night !

But all plaudits to Bodmin who have had a cracking season and are worthy treble winners.

But we haven't done too badly ourselves ! Promotion to the Western Premier League, Devon Bowl Winners and Throgmorton Runners up on Penalty's is nothing to be sniffed at !

Well done to all at Bodmin Town..Fantastic team,Fantastic season..Proud to be a Bodmin supporter !!How you pick a player of the season from this squad is hard..But my vote would have to go to Adam Carter. The boys a goal scoring machine!!

Can't really see the point in a one team league where they win everything, and won't, despite having the opportunity, move onwards and upwards.

I am afraid the league is weakening because of it and Bodmin should step up like Buckland next season instead of holding the league back. It took Bucks long enough, but well done for moving up. It will be nice to see your club grow in the Western League.

Though I hope Willand pump you.........

I can't wait to venture back into The Heath when they play Willand it's been a couple of years or so, but I remember quality burgers, superb programme which covered a wide range of topics from Bucks, ground hopping and ramblings about clubs further afield. Also some brilliant photo's and all for a great price. It's amazing how they can do such a great programme for the money.

Guest Carl.P

Can't really see the point in a one team league where they win everything, and won't, despite having the opportunity, move onwards and upwards.

I am afraid the league is weakening because of it and Bodmin should step up like Buckland next season instead of holding the league back. It took Bucks long enough, but well done for moving up. It will be nice to see your club grow in the Western League.

Though I hope Willand pump you.........

So says a Celtic fan who also took part in a one horse race this year. Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

Guest Carl.P

Well. I got myself a bite. You really have missed the point ferret. So, the SPL is as far as you can go... and into Europe? Preliminary round of the Champions League followed by an early exit from the crappy Euro League is no different to Bodmin, St Blazey, Buckland et al entering the FA Vase and FA Cup - they go as far as they can. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Well. I got myself a bite. You really have missed the point ferret. So, the SPL is as far as you can go... and into Europe? Preliminary round of the Champions League followed by an early exit from the crappy Euro League is no different to Bodmin, St Blazey, Buckland et al entering the FA Vase and FA Cup - they go as far as they can. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The difference is if offered a place in a better league we would take it, Bodmin won't and that is a travesty for such a club......