Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard Ath v Buckland Ath result

LISKEARD ATH 3 BUCKLAND ATH 2

Having barely recovered from an energy sapping 120 minutes against Bodmin on Monday, Buckland where once again patched up and sent out to battle this evening at Lux Park with a dead eleven, dead being the appropriate word.

To be honest I was never really expecting anything other than defeat from this encounter and I would have certainly settled for a draw.

So for the second time in 6 days,Tom Kelly and Jamie Cawardine stepped into the fray, and players where once again switched about to cover different positions.

But much to my surprise, it was us that had a two nil lead with just 12 minutes to go.

At one point I thought the only winner in Liskeard tonight would be the fog and I am sure that had this game been played mid season, it would have certainly been abandoned.

Buckland went into the break one up after a wonder strike from Dean Stevens from 20 yards out.

But in the second half it was Liskeard who where by far the better side and Bucklands punishing run in had finally taken its toll.

Against the odds though , it was Buckland who doubled their lead after Liam Drew, playing at left back ,slid in to take the ball from the feet of a Liskeard defender and hit a powerful low shot from the edge of the 18 yard box dead centre into the net.

But it was short lived, and by now Danny Gaze was limping badly, but Buckland had no one on the bench to replace him.

Liskeard seemed to get fired up and where taking full advantage of Bucklands chronic fatigue and in the space of 12 minutes had put away 3 goals the last of which, resulted in the shirt off above the head celebration, which then brought out the obligatory yellow card.

So Bucklands final curtain call in the SWPL resulted in a defeat, would have been nice to go out with a win, but all credit to Liskeard who never gave up.

So that’s all folks, I understand we are playing Bodmin in the charity shield but its new grounds faces and teams next season.

COYY!!!!!

Where this result came from who knows? Two mistakes from Demo - one in each half - led to Bucklands 2 nil lead. The second goal led to much celebrating and chanting from the Bucks fans. In fact the Liskeard fans joined in with the best song of the night "You're staying down with the Bodmin" but it was during this bit of banter that Liskeard bounced back when a home defeat looked certain.The Blues first arrived when Demo neatly finished following a cross from James Dolleran and then it was 2-2 when, one goal a season, Joe Carey, finished well from close range. In a frantic final few minutes Buckland really wilted, obviously the exertions from recent matches took there toll and Demo pounced again to win the match.

3rd team had a cup final of thier own last night and res have a big cup final soon as well, the res havnt been called upon much this season so when a call comes in at the last minute asking them to go and play away at liskeard on a wet awful night, in which the result doesn't effect anyone, not sure they would have a squad of 16!!

Gutted I wasn't signed on, I could offered a pretty solid 45 mins, 10 mins before halftime and 15mins after,(mins to inc halftime break)

Gutted I wasn't signed on, I could offered a pretty solid 45 mins, 10 mins before halftime and 15mins after,(mins to inc halftime break)

Trouble is though, the half time was shortened, so you would've needed a few extra mins on the pitch.... :P

Many thanks to the Liskeard fans for their 'good luck in the Western' messages at the end of the game as we trooped off into the wet of the night.

Buckland by the sounds of it with numbers depleted tonight - no reserve side to bother with or just too late getting any registered?

Think Liskeard were fairly depleted too despite being the home team, heard one of their fans say they had 8 or 9 unavailable/injured and their only sub was their physio!

3rd team had a cup final of thier own last night and res have a big cup final soon as well, the res havnt been called upon much this season so when a call comes in at the last minute asking them to go and play away at liskeard on a wet awful night, in which the result doesn't effect anyone, not sure they would have a squad of 16!!

With all due respect is that not why the reserve team is there for, at some time they will be expected to step up and be counted. As to the travelling, ALL that way to Liskard & it was wet...... Your having a laugh, so it's not going to be like that next season!

If this HAD been the game that they needed to win for promotion, they still would have been short of players....... Don't think so.

The excuse of I didn't think we would win this anyway and players were tired, the travelling and weather is wet is a poor response. As stated Liskard were in the same boat.

Good luck to Buckland next season.

With all due respect is that not why the reserve team is there for, at some time they will be expected to step up and be counted. As to the travelling, ALL that way to Liskard & it was wet...... Your having a laugh, so it's not going to be like that next season!

If this HAD been the game that they needed to win for promotion, they still would have been short of players....... Don't think so.

The excuse of I didn't think we would win this anyway and players were tired, the travelling and weather is wet is a poor response. As stated Liskard were in the same boat.

Agree with you there don't think man city and man utd will be short of players or not wanting to get wet or moan of being over tired this weekend. First or last game of the season you play to win.

Slicedbread hard to make comparison with city or utd, they don't work full time, play as many games as we and many other SWPL teams have played over the 2/3 weeks, thier players wouldn't play carrying injuries etc etc. Our players were gutted to loose, and tried there best to hold on, a couple of our res players would've gone over the 10 game threshold, thus cup tying them for their final, and knowing the manager, he probably didnt try them all. Villains we HAVE gained promotion so there was no need for players who have been carrying knocks over the last few weeks to play, they deserve the rest, and have still got work the next day and as you state, liskeard were in the same boat, so how come no comments on them not using res players to make up the thier squad? Where did I mention ALL the way to liskeard? Just stating the fixture, cant see where anyone has stated that we didnt think we were going to win either, they wouldve wanted to win, just didnt!. Even had we been at home, doubt you would've seen much of a different side.

I'm really hoping it will be different next season, if you ask any other posters on here from BAFC, at times we've been rag arse, bare numbers pretty much all season, and the manager has had opportunities to use the res, but has chosen to stick with the 14/15 players he used all season, but he's played within his budget, had a pretty good season, got the priority achievement and is all ready for a rest then onto to new ventures next season.

Good luck next season with your prospective clubs.

Just read and seen the not expecting win bit, but again that's a supporters view not players, I have spent alot of the season not expecting to get anything, I'm more of the like a low expectation and then really happy we do well, rather than the unrealistic view we will beat anything in our way, and then get disappointed. Does that make sense???

Agree with you there don't think man city and man utd will be short of players or not wanting to get wet or moan of being over tired this weekend. First or last game of the season you play to win.

Didn't really want to join the 'BBB' (Bread Bashing Brigade) but what a ridiculous post!

Didn't really want to join the 'BBB' (Bread Bashing Brigade) but what a ridiculous post!

Feel free to join in the others will be along soon enough haha.

Which one don't you agree with?

As for BBB your making it up!!!

Slicedbread hard to make comparison with city or utd, they don't work full time, play as many games as we and many other SWPL teams have played over the 2/3 weeks, thier players wouldn't play carrying injuries etc etc. Our players were gutted to loose, and tried there best to hold on, a couple of our res players would've gone over the 10 game threshold, thus cup tying them for their final, and knowing the manager, he probably didnt try them all. Villains we HAVE gained promotion so there was no need for players who have been carrying knocks over the last few weeks to play, they deserve the rest, and have still got work the next day and as you state, liskeard were in the same boat, so how come no comments on them not using res players to make up the thier squad? Where did I mention ALL the way to liskeard? Just stating the fixture, cant see where anyone has stated that we didnt think we were going to win either, they wouldve wanted to win, just didnt!. Even had we been at home, doubt you would've seen much of a different side.

I'm really hoping it will be different next season, if you ask any other posters on here from BAFC, at times we've been rag arse, bare numbers pretty much all season, and the manager has had opportunities to use the res, but has chosen to stick with the 14/15 players he used all season, but he's played within his budget, had a pretty good season, got the priority achievement and is all ready for a rest then onto to new ventures next season.

Good luck next season with your prospective clubs.

Missed the point totally, If you had been, as you put it, rag arse, bare numbers nearly all season, then I would think that you wouldn't have done as well, as you have rightfully deserved.

With ref to Liskard quote, they beat you without 8/9 first team players, WHY, do they have to comment on the team they fielded, oh the don't.

You quoted "when a call comes in at the last minute asking them to go and play away at liskeard on a wet awful night" your words not mine.

Anyway.... It distracting from the fantastic achievement that Buckland Athletic has earnt, gaining promotion to the next level, surely that's what it's all about, playing the next level up, I for one will be looking at the results table for the BAFC result.

Good luck for the 2012/13 season.

Just read and seen the not expecting win bit, but again that's a supporters view not players, I have spent alot of the season not expecting to get anything, I'm more of the like a low expectation and then really happy we do well, rather than the unrealistic view we will beat anything in our way, and then get disappointed. Does that make sense???

You wondered why they never signed you on..... You expect to lose BEFORE a balls been kicked. Every one involved in that club MUST think that they can win the game they are about to play, otherwise you might as well not even go out there, just give them the 3 points.

You wondered why they never signed you on..... You expect to lose BEFORE a balls been kicked. Every one involved in that club MUST think that they can win the game they are about to play, otherwise you might as well not even go out there, just give them the 3 points.

I'm not going to enter tit for tat, but do you think the supporters of say marines and ivybridge think they were going to win every game this season? And I'm not sure if your confusing my post with someone who actually still plays? Once a season in the veterans game, then I just stroll around, for 45 mins if I'm lucky!!

I'm not going to enter tit for tat, but do you think the supporters of say marines and ivybridge think they were going to win every game this season? And I'm not sure if your confusing my post with someone who actually still plays? Once a season in the veterans game, then I just stroll around, for 45 mins if I'm lucky!!

The thing is that's exactly what they should be thinking...... We can win this game. Players, supporters and everyone involved with that club.