Cornwall Football Forum

Bovey Tracey 0 Falmouth Town 8

Matt Drummond 5-Dan Green-Jamie Mudge-Mark Vercesi

Falmouth claim 3rd,spot

Matt Drummond-

First Town player to complete a "Nap Hand" since 1995-96 when Justin Ashburn hit 5 at Tavistock

His last three came in the last 5/6minutes, So Alan Lenton still holds the Falmouth record with 3 in 4 minutes v Wadebridge 1992-93

I would like to congratulate our First Team for that amazing result today against Bovey Tracey-a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in the sunshine! We saw some superb football and goals aplenty including a belter from Jamie Mudge and Five from Matt Drummond which even made Roger Fenner smile!! (only joking Roger!!) and third place in the CSWPL.

My end of season thanks go to Manager Alan Carey who has had a great season in spite of all the pressures we've had this season,to Rob Green his assistant, Mark Vercesi our inspirational Captain, Steve Rose and Trevor Jones as Secretary and Kit Person respectively ( The banter today was just priceless!) to The Congdon Ladies for the turnstiles and fundraising, Mark Jones for his excellent work on the pitch, our fans both home and away, the Executive Committee, our many sponsors and to the other volunteers who help to put football on at Bickland Park.

It really has been a privelidge to be your Chairman again for the fourth season. We now need to concentrate on next season!!

In the meantime, our Players Presentation Night is at The Membly Hall Hotel in Falmouth on Friday 1st June, 7-00 for 7-30pm. Three course meal-£20 per head . Please let me know if you are coming!

I look forward to seeing you there!!

Major

I would like to congratulate our First Team for that amazing result today against Bovey Tracey-a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in the sunshine! We saw some superb football and goals aplenty including a belter from Jamie Mudge and Five from Matt Drummond which even made Roger Fenner smile!! (only joking Roger!!) and third place in the CSWPL.

My end of season thanks go to Manager Alan Carey who has had a great season in spite of all the pressures we've had this season,to Rob Green his assistant, Mark Vercesi our inspirational Captain, Steve Rose and Trevor Jones as Secretary and Kit Person respectively ( The banter today was just priceless!) to The Congdon Ladies for the turnstiles and fundraising, Mark Jones for his excellent work on the pitch, our fans both home and away, the Executive Committee, our many sponsors and to the other volunteers who help to put football on at Bickland Park.

It really has been a privelidge to be your Chairman again for the fourth season. We now need to concentrate on next season!!

In the meantime, our Players Presentation Night is at The Membly Hall Hotel in Falmouth on Friday 1st June, 7-00 for 7-30pm. Three course meal-£20 per head . Please let me know if you are coming!

I look forward to seeing you there!!

Major

Steve You have done a lot for Falmouth Town, you are a great chairman, also Alan Carey has done a great job as our Manager,The Falmouth Town supporters thank you both, & look forward to seeing you next season,

yes it is sad that if the reports are correct Falmouth Town have hit Financial problems, but at least you are trying to resolve the problem, & I have confidence that Falmouth Town under your Guidance will come out of this setback an even better Club,

there is no Question that Falmouth Town are a great side, their History speaks for itself, no other Club in Cornwall ( Not even the Mighty Truro City) have reached the first round proper of the FA Cup, Falmouth have done it twice,

so to those of you who may be gloating & rubbing your hands at the news about Falmouth Town, just think about this, a Cornish Football League without Falmouth Town, you would all be the poorer with out Falmouth Town,

Now I challenge all of the clubs in Cornwall to come onto this Forum & admit it if your club have a financial problem,

Hammers :c::mellow: :c:

Spot on Stuart.

Rumours abound in this league but one that kept coming up and up was that Falmouth Town where paying out more than any other club in this league, whether as a club or an individual I don't know ? But that was the theme that kept recurring.

Two of their players are from this area and they are not going to be travelling on the cheap, or playing for peanuts and probably cost more than Launcestons entire weekly budget.

A fair number of big name players have come to Buckland this season but decided to go elsewhere.. I wonder why ?

Now I challenge all of the clubs in Cornwall to come onto this Forum & admit it if your club have a financial problem,

Hammers :c::mellow::c:

I think you'll find most of the other clubs in this league have been rationalising what they bring in and how much they can pay out for some time now. Why do you think certain players have been at your club when they have a club in the same league on their doorstep?

Those same clubs put things in place, like youth systems, second and third teams, qulaified coaches, invest in their off field facilities all trying to ensure sustainable opportunities exist. Most clubs realise the rewards for 3rd place are not going to cover their overheads and so take a sensible and frugal approach.

Welcome to reality and good luck next season to all.

It will be interesting to see if the mercenary players turn up in groups of two's and three's at clubs with no chance of winning anything happy to be getting their slice of the shrinking pie.

OR - will their be a complete step change, with players waking up to the fact that if you want to challenge at the top and be an ambitious footballer at this level you'll need to play for a club with great facilities, infrastructure, coaches and accept that nobody needs to get more than their travelling expenses, therefore you can play with like minded players with the same attitude and ambition for football reasons, not money reasons. You need to look no further than the top two for the last few seasons.

Clubs such as Launceston have been doing this for many years and have done well again thie season.

I've been proud in my time at this level so far to have finished 3rd and 4th, win the SWP Div 1 West, finish 4th and get to the last 8 of the FA Vase and again a 4th place this season - all achieved without paying silly money and using many local players to those respective clubs. No massive achievements, like winning the premier division, but relative success that was above the means of those clubs in that period. It can be done, if you get the right players with the right attitudes playing for each other.

There is no future is throwing money around - even if you win the league, what's the rewards? The rewards should go to the groundsmen, the tea makers, the secretaries and all the others who volunteer so much to make football happen, not big time charlies with no love for it.

Just my opinion!

One of the best posts of the season .

I would love to see a new sense of realism break out in this league , but there are already rumours knocking about who has ( and hasn't ) got money next season , and the expected migration of players in that direction .

I think you'll find most of the other clubs in this league have been rationalising what they bring in and how much they can pay out for some time now. Why do you think certain players have been at your club when they have a club in the same league on their doorstep?

Those same clubs put things in place, like youth systems, second and third teams, qulaified coaches, invest in their off field facilities all trying to ensure sustainable opportunities exist. Most clubs realise the rewards for 3rd place are not going to cover their overheads and so take a sensible and frugal approach.

It will be interesting to see if the mercenary players turn up in groups of two's and three's at clubs with no chance of winning anything happy to be getting their slice of the shrinking pie.

OR - will their be a complete step change, with players waking up to the fact that if you want to challenge at the top and be an ambitious footballer at this level you'll need to play for a club with great facilities, infrastructure, coaches and accept that nobody needs to get more than their travelling expenses, therefore you can play with like minded players with the same attitude and ambition for football reasons, not money reasons. You need to look no further than the top two for the last few seasons.

Clubs such as Launceston have been doing this for many years and have done well again thie season.

I've been proud in my time at this level so far to have finished 3rd and 4th, win the SWP Div 1 West, finish 4th and get to the last 8 of the FA Vase and again a 4th place this season - all achieved without paying silly money and using many local players to those respective clubs. No massive achievements, like winning the premier division, but relative success that was above the means of those clubs in that period. It can be done, if you get the right players with the right attitudes playing for each other.

There is no future is throwing money around - even if you win the league, what's the rewards? The rewards should go to the groundsmen, the tea makers, the secretaries and all the others who volunteer so much to make football happen, not big time charlies with no love for it.

Just my opinion!

I would love to see a new sense of realism break out in this league , but there are already rumours knocking about who has ( and hasn't ) got money next season , and the expected migration of players in that direction .

Have to fully agree, you have made a very honest post there Mr Dudley.

Just my opinion!

Have to fully agree, you have made a very honest post there Mr Dudley.

Excellent post ..................

Matt Drummond 5-Dan Green-Jamie Mudge-Mark Vercesi

Falmouth claim 3rd,spot

Matt Drummond-

First Town player to complete a "Nap Hand" since 1995-96 when Justin Ashburn hit 5 at Tavistock

His last three came in the last 5/6minutes, So Alan Lenton still holds the Falmouth record with 3 in 4 minutes v Wadebridge 1992-93

Mark Vercesi with 36 goas l(all competitions) edged out last seasons top scorer Matt Drummond with 35 goals.

I understand Mark offered Matt the Penalty to complete his hat trick but he declined which left Vercesi as the leading goalscorer for Town.

After appearing on the bench on numerous occasions this season it was a good gesture to give Johnny Green his debut when coming on for Dan MaGee.

Johnny, brother of Dan now joins the Falmouth "Brothers" listing.