Cornwall Football Forum

Predictions 2012/13

I know we are stilli in pre season and clubs are trying to assemble the best squads, but I would be intereseted to see peoples suggestions for a Top 6 for the forthcoming SWPL prem season.

I cant see Bodmin being challenged really for the top spot but there is many clubs capable of a top 6 finish.

I will go for this

1 Bodmin

2 Saltash

3 Falmouth

4 Newquay

5 Tavistock

6 Torpoint

Good luck to all teams for the coming season

To add lets throw in a couple of relegation candidates.

I will go for

Cullompton

St Blazey

Well hopefully me being a Newquay supporter wants their team to finish Champions. At the start of a season the objective is to win the league and every cup competition entered. so that would have to be my prediction............ But as we all know that doesnt happen. Newquay will be giving a good go though if Hoops an lafs have a say so. Ive not heard about any new sigings or anybody leaving except for Dean Harris as Peranporth manager, so all the best to Deano for that.

Does anyone know if Newquay have signed anyone, its all a bit quiet at Mount Wise ? or does anyone know if we have lost any players ? no rumours please, facts only. The club are certainly playing their cards close to their chest.

But looking forward to the season and the banter on here.

NEWQUAY TO BE CHAMPIONS..............................................

All at Newquay are working extremly hard to achive our goals this season.

Glynn and Phil are working hard on bringing in the right players to add to an already good squad from last year.

Heres to an exciting season ahead on and off the field at Newquay FC.

Thank you to all the committee for doing such a great job so far in the close season.

Kind Regards

MM

All at Newquay are working extremly hard to achive our goals this season.

Glynn and Phil are working hard on bringing in the right players to add to an already good squad from last year.

Heres to an exciting season ahead on and off the field at Newquay FC.

Thank you to all the committee for doing such a great job so far in the close season.

Kind Regards

MM

THANKS MM. SPEAK SOON.

"Newquay already have a good squad from last season"

As a St.Austell fan, I watched Newquay play once last year in the Charity cup final when they lost to Penryn at Poltair, and if that game was anything to go by, I disagree that Newquay already have a good squad. Maybe in the west division they have got a good squad, but I think you may be in for a reality check if you are hoping to become champions with what you currently have.

Maybe it was just an off game....

Agree with bushy here. I think you may be in a little bubble, admittedly Newquay had a good season but the quality they had up against them wasn't the best. Saying that you can only beat whats in front of you.

Bodmin

Saltash

Parkway

Tavistock

Newquay

Falmouth

Relegation

Bovey Tracey

Cullumpton

"Newquay already have a good squad from last season"

As a St.Austell fan, I watched Newquay play once last year in the Charity cup final when they lost to Penryn at Poltair, and if that game was anything to go by, I disagree that Newquay already have a good squad. Maybe in the west division they have got a good squad, but I think you may be in for a reality check if you are hoping to become champions with what you currently have.

Maybe it was just an off game....

Charity cup "SEMI" final were they lost bushy :-p

Must agree with bushy12 if Bodmin keep the same squad and budget now that the Buckland have moved on I don't see any other winner at the end of this term. They were far too good for everyone last season and to equal them must be every clubs yardstick. Let's hope there are a couple of clubs who can run them close this time around.

Here Here North Devon Dweller, well said!! :clapper:

My Predictions for this coming season are:-

1. Bodmin Town (Again)

2. Plymouth Parkway

3. Saltash United

4. Torpoint Athletic

5. Liskeard Athletic

6. St Austell

Bottom two:-

Cullompton Rangers & Ivybridge Town

Senior Cup Winners: Bodmin Town

Throgmorton Cup Winners: Bodmin Town

Only one person (Windmill on the shirt) mentioned St Austell in top 6 finish.

Nobody else seems to have got any faith in Nanks' ability for a top 6 side this season then?

I suspect Nanks will be happy to quietly build a team that I think will be a top 6 finish.

Well hopefully me being a Newquay supporter wants their team to finish Champions. At the start of a season the objective is to win the league and every cup competition entered. so that would have to be my prediction............ But as we all know that doesnt happen. Newquay will be giving a good go though if Hoops an lafs have a say so. Ive not heard about any new sigings or anybody leaving except for Dean Harris as Peranporth manager, so all the best to Deano for that.

Does anyone know if Newquay have signed anyone, its all a bit quiet at Mount Wise ? or does anyone know if we have lost any players ? no rumours please, facts only. The club are certainly playing their cards close to their chest.

But looking forward to the season and the banter on here.

NEWQUAY TO BE CHAMPIONS..............................................

I'm hoping it's not true but I've been told that Luke Rigby has signed for the 'G'.

I have also read in the Newquay Voice that Lewis Hilton is off to university in the USA.

I'm a big fan of both of those players :(

Not good enough for either team

Bit harsh Barry !!

Only saying it as I see but watched Parkway 2 or 3 times towards the end of season and thought he was decent. Quick as f**k which defender's don't like running at em and good feet. Can go outside or in so guess just needs to get decision making right and then final product and he could be top player . . . .

Guess you've seen him alot more than me !?

Any news on Parkway potential signings Barry? Are all the young stars like Ryan Richards, Sam Hillson & Bassy staying?

He is good enough for any team. He is very quick, very good ball control, and never stops running. A loss for Parkway, but a tavy gain. If you have not seen him play, suggest you have a look before you make any future comments.

He is good enough for any team. He is very quick, very good ball control, and never stops running. A loss for Parkway, but a tavy gain. If you have not seen him play, suggest you have a look before you make any future comments.

Must agree ............. Wyatt is a very good player and he will be missed at Parkway. Not sure about leaving to go to a better team though ?