Cornwall Football Forum

Mike Rowe (Falmouth Town)

I have just heard the sad news of the passing of Mike Rowe

he was club stalwart for Falmouth in the 1980's being Secretary and committee member.

I remember him being the driving force which raised great sponsorship in all those historic Away F A Vase ties around England.

Mike was also at the helm for the arrangements of The Aston Villa visit in 1995

sincere condolences to his family and close friends

Very sad news.

Mike was a brilliant secretary during the times when we were competing across a number of different competitions. Thanks to his knowledge and understanding of fixtures we were able to spread the load of all of our competitions and I'm in no doubt that this was a significant factor in our success.

I was talking to some of his relatives at a football match at Callington recently and it was good to look back on some great times.

RIP Mike.

I like Neil and Tommy feel very sad to hear the news of mike's passing. Mike was very much an integral part of the Falmouth team that was so successful in the eighties and nineties. Although not a player the work he carried out as secretary was above and beyond the duties of a club secretary, this made him very much part of the team. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P.Mike

Gentlemen - thank you for your very kind words about my Dad. I spent most Saturday afternoons with you all in the mid 80's and what great memories I have of those happy days. The Vase away trips were very special, but the whole team spirit was immense - and Dad was very much part of the team, as has been said, kindly, by several of you. Going Up Sunshine Mountain captures the era perfectly. Thank you all again. Very best wishes

Steve Rowe

I spent a few years working with Mike in the late 80's at Watson Marlow Falmouth.

The first thing I noticed was he always had a smile on his face and was a very funny man and great to work with.Always had a big smile on his face. Bollocked me often but never meant it!

Second - was he spent more time sorting out FAL fixtures than work-and his office was a cloud of smoke! but still got all his work done and usually beat us at cards at crib !

RIP Mike.

Please post funeral details on here would like to go.

Please post funeral details on here ould like to go.

Thanks for your kind words. I remember the smoky office, but not as much as the sweet shop in the machine shop! The funeral is at Bodmin Crematorium (Glynn Valley) on Friday 6th July at 11:30 am. Best wishes. Steve

Really sad to hear about Mike, what a lovely gentleman he was, always a smile and an excellent secretary for Falmouth when I was playing. He only recently got back in touch with me as I havn't seen him for years. RIP Mike and condolences to your family you will be greatly missed. Next time I'm in the stand my thoughts will be with you. RV