Cornwall Football Forum

Pity really, but can't be any complaint from St.Blazey, but have enjoyed a good run. Yet another incentive to get it all back together again.Time for the real football enthusiasts to get involved at the club, starting with getting on the Committee at A.G.M.next week.

I think there is a ruling that clubs eliminated from the FA Cup cannot apply to return to it unless they have competed in the FA Vase or FA Trophy the season before, this could mean some clubs spend years in the wilderness.

Mr Chairman : It would be good if St Blazey could return to it's former greatness.

Despite recently upsetting you, I AM NOT ALL BAD. :c:

What a bloody joke. Whats that all about when you looking at teams at this level of football. Ok St Blazey had a poor season but does that really have any baring on this season? I think not. Are the F.A worried the mighty Blazey might win the F.A cup or somin? Come on, get real. This competition is about having the small village sides playing in the same competition that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will be looking to win. Whats the problem with an extra few matches? Its all extra money for the clubs. Its not like the millions wasted on wages by the big clubs couldnt help out the small sides if the prize money was spread about. After all, with so many toilet showrooms doing a roaring trade at local football clubs so the ref can have a half time dump in peace, surly these clubs needs the chance to make a few quid. With only four SWPL sides in the cup this season, it could be years before our clubs are back in the F.A cup. And some may never make it again!!

There's no question that the FA's rules with regard to FA Cup entry are stupid, but not one person can have a complaint about this - the situation about step 6 clubs has been clear for a couple of seasons now - fail to finish towards the top of the league and your FA Cup inclusion is in doubt.

Chairman may see it as a "pity really"; I would be more inclined to use the word 'disaster'. Memories of being only 90 minutes away from the first round proper are still fresh in my mind.

This is absolutely gutting for true fans of local football.

What a bloody joke. Whats that all about when you looking at teams at this level of football. Ok St Blazey had a poor season but does that really have any baring on this season? I think not. Are the F.A worried the mighty Blazey might win the F.A cup or somin? Come on, get real. This competition is about having the small village sides playing in the same competition that Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc will be looking to win. Whats the problem with an extra few matches? Its all extra money for the clubs. Its not like the millions wasted on wages by the big clubs couldnt help out the small sides if the prize money was spread about. After all, with so many toilet showrooms doing a roaring trade at local football clubs so the ref can have a half time dump in peace, surly these clubs needs the chance to make a few quid. With only four SWPL sides in the cup this season, it could be years before our clubs are back in the F.A cup. And some may never make it again!!

I did warn you not to get your hopes up about the FA Cup on another thread Paul and unfortunately for Blazey my warning was correct.

Sorry my choice of words seems to upset Dan a little, but in my book disaster means earthquakes,floods etc.I agree it is a serious setback, but one I imagine is being duplicated up and down the country and I daresay will become increasingly so over the years.

I repeat my earlier posting by inviting all fervent St Blazey fans to get themselves involved at their club in an effort to help return it to former glories.It will not happen by chance so why not consider whether you could devote some time to your club.

The FA keep an eye on clubs at SWPL level not just in the west country but nationwide. How many teams from down here have taken promotion since the league was formed? Only Truro and Buckland that i can think of, the FA see the lack of ambition and act accordingly in any way they can and in this instance it is to hammer the Cornish clubs in the FA cup and vase. Their next step will be to downgrade the league sooner rather than later if clubs won't take promotion. I can see a Cornish Senior league on the horizon and then none of this cup stuff will matter. Same old backwater that is cornish football. Some clubs that say they can't afford to take promotion still seem to be offering extortionate expenses to win £2500. By extortionate i mean anything over £25, there really are no excuses.t

surely these clubs needs the chance to make a few quid

The important point is what the 'few quid' is spent on! For the past 30-40 years cornish clubs have paid ridiculous amounts to 'poor or, at best, average players'. Very, very little has been spent on improving facilities for spectators and officials. Spectators have become fed up with this and have voted with their feet. The clubs' only have themselves to blame for exclusion from the FA Cup!

This cull of lower level clubs in the FA Cup must be happening all over the country, and I assume this must be a cost cutting measure by the FA. If for instance 150 clubs are refused entry this year who took part last season this would mean 75 less fixtures this year to allocate prize-money to at the opening stage of the competition, and if the prize-money for the winner was let's say £500 that would save the FA £37,500. I personally can only see this getting worse rather than better over the coming years.

This cull of lower level clubs in the FA Cup must be happening all over the country, and I assume this must be a cost cutting measure by the FA. If for instance 150 clubs are refused entry this year who took part last season this would mean 75 less fixtures this year to allocate prize-money to at the opening stage of the competition, and if the prize-money for the winner was let's say £500 that would save the FA £37,500. I personally can only see this getting worse rather than better over the coming years.

Cornish clubs must show ambition, Bodmin are in the cups because they have won the league, if they win the league this season and don't take promotion i bet they or any other Cornish club won't be in next year. The year after the league could be downgraded.

Disaster in football terms. You can hardly compare the fa cup to Modern war or a flood. And this lack of ambition, some clubs in the league were in now have little or no away following what so ever. Whats there to drive people to give it ago?

Time for a Kernow Revolt

Prince William is President of the Football Association

Tell him if he doesn't get the FA to serve the grass roots clubs in Cornwall better you will kick his Daddy out

of the Duchy therefore cutting off the cash supply that props up the House of Windsor - A right ROYAL **** UP.

Prince William's Grandfather Prince Philip was Patron of Windsor & Eton Football Club, what did he do for that

title? = NOTHING. Stuck up the hill in his Castle I doubt if be knew Windsor had a football club.

Whatever the sport the Royals get free entry and the peasants foot the bill.

Time to cut off the Royal Gravy Train and castrate Charlie Boy ridding him of his Duchy profits.

don't take promotion i bet they or any other Cornish club won't be in next year. The year after the league could be downgraded.

If no one ends up in the FA Cup, if no one takes promotion - does it matter if the league is downgraded anyway?

Then you just as well go back to the South Western and Devon League

If no one ends up in the FA Cup, if no one takes promotion - does it matter if the league is downgraded anyway?

Would probably only matter to the supporters, but they come right at the bottom of the list in Cornish football. The clubs, managers, players couldn't care less if nobody's watching. If no one takes promotion the leagues will just become a series of games not much better than pre-season friendlies! R.I.P. Cornish Football.

Would probably only matter to the supporters, but they come right at the bottom of the list in Cornish football. The clubs, managers, players couldn't care less if nobody's watching. If no one takes promotion the leagues will just become a series of games not much better than pre-season friendlies! R.I.P. Cornish Football.

NO DOOM - NO GLOOM

Truro City are in THREE Football Association Competitions -

The F.A CUP

The F.A TROPHY

The F.A YOUTH CUP

SO Cornish Football Lives On

Wouldn't go so far to say that the managers and players don't care because it's always better to play in front of 300 than 100.

Have to wonder if a lot of clubs can be bothered though!

There is a certainly a problem with Cornish football when you look at the average attendance the SWPL champions ended up with last season!

And then there's Truro - no commercial or marketing activity at the club. We're told there's an announcement imminent about the season ahead and things happening off the pitch - they shouldn't be complacent with the 500 crowd figures!

NO DOOM - NO GLOOM

The F.A CUP

The F.A TROPHY

The F.A YOUTH CUP

One club don't make a summer, if you get my meaning.

No, it's not an exercise that has anything to do with money. With the way the competition is currently structured, there is only "room" for about 130 Step 6 clubs. And to pick 130 of the 260 or so from that level who applied (in round numbers), doing it by a combination of a minimum ground grading and then on league results seems as about as fair a way of dealing with it as any?

Of course the real solution would be to make some clubs come in to it a round earlier than they currently do - I think someone on another forum has calculated that if the Conference National clubs came in at the third round qualifying rather than the fourth, all the Step 6 clubs in the country could enter with some of the Step 7 as well.

I see the draws for both the FA Cup and FA Vase are now available to read on the FA website and I see ST Blazey have been drawn at home to Wadebridge in the vase and if they win it they will be at home again to the winners of Crediton or Bishops Sutton good luck to the green blacks

AFC St.Austell home (in 2nd qualifying round) to Ashton & Backwell Utd (who???)....it appears they're from the Somerset County League but a new one on me!

If successful it's home again to the winners of Bovey Tracey & Welton Rovers in the 1st round proper. :c:

NO DOOM - NO GLOOM

The F.A CUP

The F.A TROPHY

The F.A YOUTH CUP

I can not see Truro in the early rounds of the F A Youth Cup -have they withdrawn?

NO DOOM - NO GLOOM

The F.A CUP

The F.A TROPHY

The F.A YOUTH CUP

I can not see Truro in the early rounds of the F A Youth Cup -have they withdrawn?

Mike,

According to the FA website there are no fixtures at this time although the first preliminary matches are due to be played on Monday 3rd September, when I posted on here that TRURO CITY were in the FA Cup and the FA Trophy I was contacted by two people from the club (TRURO) that I had omitted the youth team, from that I am of the opinion that TRURO CITY still have a team entered in the FA Youth Cup.

On the FA website they still have reference to the 2011/2012 season for fixtures, results etc. where did you get details of the draw ? all I get is No fixtures to report.

Confusion reigns.

Thank You Mike,

I see where you mean but I am having problems with both my computer and laptop when it comes to PDF files so cannot gain entry.

I am not disputing what you say because I can see where it is, annoying that I am unable to read it, I hope you didn't think I was calling you a liar.

It just goes to show that even people spending a lot of time at the ground can feed me bogus information.

I posted in good faith.

The pruning of FA Cup and other entries at the lower level is over kill, as an example if at the bottom level there were 700 clubs, to have 1400 would only require one extra extra preliminary round, everyone would be happy and the sheep could still graze in peace until the crowds improved for the later rounds.

Ivor-If you log in to the F A website and then scroll down to "competitions draw out now"

The first three Rounds of the Youth cup are drawn but I can not find Truro amongst the 460 clubs

Today searching much deeper, Truro are not listed on the accepted list.

Truro city are missing from the FA Youth accepted list

I think hoppit is spot on again reference lack of ambition.. If teams are not prepared to get promoted and travel more, why should the FA give them a place in the FA Cup? Surely the further you achieve in the cup, the more travelling again!

All clubs should have a low budget each year so they can improve their ground facilities and if they win the league they have enough money in the bank to get promoted.

Clubs should take a lesson from Camelford, new ground, new changing rooms, new seats and now new floodlights!! They also won the league on NO budget and got promoted!

I think hoppit is spot on again reference lack of ambition.. If teams are not prepared to get promoted and travel more, why should the FA give them a place in the FA Cup? Surely the further you achieve in the cup, the more travelling again!

All clubs should have a low budget each year so they can improve their ground facilities and if they win the league they have enough money in the bank to get promoted.

Clubs should take a lesson from Camelford, new ground, new changing rooms, new seats and now new floodlights!! They also won the league on NO budget and got promoted!

I think there is some credibility in this.

Looking at the Western League FA Cup fixtures, it would appear that every premier league ( step 5 ) club is included in the draw.

BTW our first ever step 5 fixture is away at Les Phillips Cup holders Bristol Manor Farm on Sat 4th August.

We have drawn Trevor Seniors Bridport in the FA cup and Portishead in the Vase, we also face Western League Div One champions and also newly promoted to the premier league, Gillingham in the Les Phillips Cup.

I think there is some credibility in this.

Looking at the Western League FA Cup fixtures, it would appear that every premier league ( step 5 ) club is included in the draw.

BTW our first ever step 5 fixture is away at Les Phillips Cup holders Bristol Manor Farm on Sat 4th August.

We have drawn Trevor Seniors Bridport in the FA cup and Portishead in the Vase, we also face Western League Div One champions and also newly promoted to the premier league, Gillingham in the Les Phillips Cup.

Presumably the step 5 clubs have the correct toilet facilities for our wonderful referees. But looking at a few grounds on Google Maps some of the other ground-grading requirements don't seem to be so strictly enforced.

I see that the Western League fixtures are now on the WL site but not yet on the Mitoo site. Have you sussed out why the WL has 2 fixture sites and which one you can rely on when the bad weather comes?