Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town-Youngest player

I saw a listing of young players who have played for Falmouth first team but no definate order

In recent times I think these could be 15 year olds

Sean McDonnell (GK) debut 08-09-81

Andy Morris debut 14-05-98

Steve Kellow debut 06-04-02

A lttle older perhaps

Ollie Gibson debut 25-03-09

If I knew their birthdates I could calculate their debut age (years/days)

Can anyone help or know of any other contenders?

Well Sean was in my school year so would have been born between 01/09/1965-31/08/1966 so the oldest he could have been when making his debut was 16 years and 7 days. Not much help I know.

Of note, I think, but am not certain he also used to keep one Nigel Martyn out of the County school's team, who of course went on to play for England.

:c: :c:

For his debut (Sept 1981), Sean was called up for the F A Cup Replay at Penzance which was a 5pm kick off and the No.1 keeper (Derek Bellotti) couldnt get to Penlee Park

The tie ended 2-2 with player manager Jimmy Hargreaves scoring twice for Falmouth who eventually progressed in the 2nd Replay.

Interesting story regarding Sean and Nigel Martyn.

Hi Mike,

Just had a text from Sean. He was indeed 15 (dob 21/09/65) and remembers the match well. He was taken out of a school history lesson to make the early KO.

He says he "played a blinder" and was rewarded with being dropped for the reply!! & says it was a great experience to play behind the Town legend Keith Manley.

Hi Mike,

Just had a text from Sean. He was indeed 15 (dob 21/09/65) and remembers the match well. He was taken out of a school history lesson to make the early KO.

He says he "played a blinder" and was rewarded with being dropped for the reply!! & says it was a great experience to play behind the Town legend Keith Manley.

Thanks for the info-If I remember it was another Town "Great" Norman Ashe who took him from school to play the F A Cup tie.

Well that would makr Sean just under 16 and Steve Kellow about 15 and a half

Steve made his debut at Poltair Park St. Austell 06-04-02 coming on as Sub for Darren Burchell.

I have been informed of another contender in Chris Eddy who scored for Falmouth v Penryn in the George Best match played at Bickland Park on 19th.Jan.1983

I think you will find that Paddy Scrace made his deut in the western league aged 15 when he came on as a sub as did Simon mills? Brendon Davey also was very young on his debut but unsure of his actuall age

Kevin-I have just given Tony Pearce a call-

Paddy Scrace debut at Keynsham 17th.April 81 (my notes say 16year old)

Simon Mills (signed from Falmouth Docks)debut F A Cup Away v Penzance 8th.Sept 1981

Bendon Davey debut 19th.October 1985 at St.Austell

If birthdates are known we can calculate their debut age.