Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker Vs AFC St Austell Tues 17th July 6.45pm KO(Pre-Season Friendly)

Good workout for both sides. Sticker should hold their own this season. St.Austell's new keeper looked confident and handled the ball well. Also liked the look of the lad who came on as sub and scored - apparently recently moved down from up country, don't know his name but might be potential there.

Good run out for both sides last night on an excellent surface!

Sticker started brightly, and there were chances for both teams in the first half.

We (St.Austell) were a lot more dominant in the second half as the score line shows.

There's no doubt that Sticker will have a good season in Division 1 West.

Squad and scorers for St.Austell:

Peters

Giles

Smith

Whetter

Lean

Rickard

Campbell (1)

Douglas (1)

Higman

Body

Nancarrow (1)

Dingle

Hartigan

Kenny

Hughes Griffiths (1)

Good luck to Sticker, and a lot to take from the game from St.Austell.

Have to agree with Leaner's assessment but you forgot your booking. At least I think it was you, some confusion. I assume the 16 was Nick? Hughes Griffiths (dark hair, longish at the back with a beard, scored the last goal anyway). Looked class but no-one seemed to know his name. Good setup at Sticker, should do well in 1W.

Have to agree with Leaner's assessment but you forgot your booking. At least I think it was you, some confusion. I assume the 16 was Nick? Hughes Griffiths (dark hair, longish at the back with a beard, scored the last goal anyway). Looked class but no-one seemed to know his name. Good setup at Sticker, should do well in 1W.

I didn't forget the booking, just didn't see that noting down a yellow card was necessary on a brief write up...? But just for you baldy, in addition to my write up, Jordan Dingle picked up a yellow card for a tackle.

The last goalscorer was Alex Hughes Griffiths

Good game on a superb Sticker pitch (as the surface always is) Sticker played the better football in the first half before St Austell came through with some good football in the second to pull away and secure the win. Stickers new players showed that they may add a lot to the team, Paul Cox and Joe Stone impressed in the first half and Jacob Street also looked a good player. Sticker look set to step up to the Peninsula league and with the pitch and facilties they have they are sure to be welcome additions to the league.