Cornwall Football Forum

combo teams holding their own against peninsula sides

It's pre season. All sides are trialling new players, new ideas, and of course giving fringe players a chance to play. Some teams may be at different levels of fitness. And of course you will always have the case of the result meaning a lot more to the team a league or 2 below who will play in a friendly like a cup final! Pre season friendlies are primarily for building fitness, and you can't really look too much into results.

I don,t often come on here but as manager of mousehole I think I need to back the club up while there seems to be a bit of criticism of us,thank you threesy about your concern for us,not sure what level of intelligence I am dealing with here seeing that you can,t even spell mousehole,the facts are that we have never had a budget,it is very difficult to compete in peninsular league without one,what I do have is a wonderful group of loyal players who play the right way,don,t get involved with referees (winners of sporting trophy two out of the last three seasons) and we always fulfil fixtures,as a club we promote youth and we are debt free,if all clubs in Cornwall followed this mandate Cornish football would be in a lot better state,finally threesy if this season you come to one of our games I will happily buy you a beer and discuss the beautiful game with you,I am easy to spot,the bald one with the beard. Darren Woodard mousehole manager

I am not a prolific poster either but have had the pleasure of managing against Darren whilst manager of Foxhole another village side striving to compete against bigger clubs. I enjoyed the challenge and visiting new grounds and meeting new friends, people who represent their clubs diligently, honestly and shake your hand and have a beer with you after, like Darren. Mousehole was one of my favourite trips because of the passion and dedication of Darren and his players whom give their all against long odds every game. Keep up the good work Darren and if I ever make it all the way down your way again I'll have a pint with you mate, good luck for the season.

Bill

Playing again now mate, in goal for Lostwithiel in Duchy 2. A lot easier than managing even at my age. I came down to the fish festival with the family last year and saw you but it was so busy I couldn't find you. I will catch up with you sometime though mate and keep the faith and keep smiling, you are one of the good guys.

Hi John,remember that conversation well mate,two managers in the same boat having a good old moan ha ha,the aim is not to finish bottom this season but I do know my players will give me 100% effort and commitment all season and as the manager that's all I can ask,hope your well mate and hopefully catch up with you at ponsmere on the 18th August