Cornwall Football Forum

PSF Tonight: St Dennis AFC v AFC St Austell.......7pm KO.

St dennis win tonite!!!! 3:2!!!

The previous encounters of friendlies and cup games over the last few seasons have seen St.Austell come out victorious in all of them, and with a strengthened side, I can't see anything other than a St.Austell win. That being said, it's a friendly. So most importantly let's hope both teams come away free from injury and are a step closer in their preparation for the season ahead.

Spot on bunty,

But tonights result was

St Dennis 0-1 St Austell

Carl ricks did score although he did handle the ball to gain advantage, we played really well, especially 1st half,

Rotated side constanly with every 1 coming off at some stage, was a great work out for us and will take a lot of positives from the game :-)

St Dennis 4-4-2 Brett Allen, Scott hill, Dave (jnr) rickard, perry Harvey, Scott brown - Kyle friendship, Jason Warne, rich hawke, Chris brown - Lee rickard and mark Rowe

Subs - Cj bird, Darren Davies, Kyle wilmott, Dave Grose and Ryan hayhurst

St Austell 3-4-3 Jason peters, Tom smith, dan lean, Lee whetter - Josh Higman, nick cams, ben Douglas, will Tinsley - Chris reski, carl rickard and Danny Nanks

Subs - Adam Bromley, Jake hartigan, sam Kenny, Martyn giles and mike body

Its nice to see St Austell doing so well off the pitch and producing a big budget for Nanks, but from what I saw on Tuesday against a good St Dennis side I and a number of other fans I spoke with at St dennis agreed, that this side will not be contending in the league this year, yes they have Smith, Lean and Campbell but the rest are not good enough even to get in Bobbys team. This is not another Blazey St Austell thing but honestly my own opinion, I wonder what sort of side they would have with the poor budget Bobby has. I think they will finish top 10 but not top 6, at £600 per game that really isnt good enough for there fans and they will soon be on the managers back.

Hi blazey I was there to watch the game. It was nt the best conditions for either side very windy and cold. All said and done it was just a friendly a chance for both teams to stretch their legs and get fitter for the new season ahead. Also I do not think its any of your business or any one elses how much st Austell budet is, nor should it be posted on the web site whether true or not.

Its nice to see St Austell doing so well off the pitch and producing a big budget for Nanks, but from what I saw on Tuesday against a good St Dennis side I and a number of other fans I spoke with at St dennis agreed, that this side will not be contending in the league this year, yes they have Smith, Lean and Campbell but the rest are not good enough even to get in Bobbys team. This is not another Blazey St Austell thing but honestly my own opinion, I wonder what sort of side they would have with the poor budget Bobby has. I think they will finish top 10 but not top 6, at £600 per game that really isnt good enough for there fans and they will soon be on the managers back.

Here we go again, if you are classing yourself as a fan of St Austell as stated above by discussing with other St Austell fans the quality of players, why have you named yourself BLAZEY? You are welcome to your opinion but dont hide behind fake names and accounts.

I personally think that the squad that we have got now is the best i have seen up at St Austell in years and i can guarantee that Nanks has full support from the committee and fans, we are looking forward to the start of the season and hope that we can push on from last year!! :thumbsup:

With regards to the game, St Dennis did play well and are a good team, both teams rotated players on a regular basis which made the game patchy in places. Some people have got the wrong idea of preseason friendlies, the result does not matter, it is all about fitness and trying different formations and players.

What a load of absolute bull!!!!! So your telling us that the likes of Chris Reski, Lee Whetter, Dan Nanks arent good enough.....!!?? Just shows your idiotic knowledge of football. As 'the unknown' has just stated...you dont have the foggiest what St Austells budget is and even if you did, its not your place to plaster it all over a local forum!!!! In this case, how about you keep your rediculous remarks to yourself, stop hiding behind a fake name and concentrate on your own club and let Nanks worry about running St Austell how it should be run!!!! End of...!!!

Santini11 this is forum and opinions can be put on here , this is my point of view and a few others that i spoke with on Tuesday, I apologise about mentioning the budget which yes you right i dont no, but was told by a member of the committee (old boy) that this was the figure. As for concentrating on my own club, we are doing just fine thank you perhaps you will be playing again in the green and black shirt as you wont get in at st austell.

Santini11 this is forum and opinions can be put on here , this is my point of view and a few others that i spoke with on Tuesday, I apologise about mentioning the budget which yes you right i dont no, but was told by a member of the committee (old boy) that this was the figure. As for concentrating on my own club, we are doing just fine thank you perhaps you will be playing again in the green and black shirt as you wont get in at st austell.

Well you've completely contradicted yourself as you said in your previous post that no1 apart from Smith, Lean and Cams would get in Bobbys side...so that counts me out of moving back to Blazey. As for me not gettin in St Austell....thats none of your business aswell.

And again we have another random come out from St Blazey FC just wanting to try and upset the apple kart at St Austell.

I watched the my first game on Tuesday and was impressed.

As for what Lea Cooper and the committee have done at Poltair over pre season that is nothing short of a miracle, well done all.

See you August the 10th

Regards

Chappers

As a neutral I think AFC St Austell will do well in the coming season....i haven't seen all their pre-season games but did see the 1st at Sticker and the game against St Dennis. Lets not forget that they are unbeaten in pre-season and disposed of Hayle & Perranporth in other friendlies.

Its all about fitness and squad rotation in pre-season to get yourselves ready for the campaign ahead, so scorelines are fairly irrelevant and performances will undoubtedly be a bit hit and miss! Nanks has done well to lure some quality local lads to St Austell (Josh Higman, Carl Rickard, Reski to name just a few!), which is always pleasing to see. He has good backing from the club and overall i think they will do very well and may produce some silverware come May!

Conditions were not great at St Dennis so its unfair to judge on that performance.....St Dennis have some great players of their own and Rich Hawke stood out in the middle of the park for them (class act!).

Good luck to both St Austell & St Dennis for the coming season.

Hi blazey I was there to watch the game. It was nt the best conditions for either side very windy and cold. All said and done it was just a friendly a chance for both teams to stretch their legs and get fitter for the new season ahead. Also I do not think its any of your business or any one elses how much st Austell budet is, nor should it be posted on the web site whether true or not.

dont get the conditions bit m8,what do u think the weather will b like in a couple of months n over the xmas period??? i personally thought it was a good game 2 watch with both teams having decent possesion n defending very well indeed!!