Cornwall Football Forum

Helston v Porthleven

Helston Athletic - Jason Robertson: Ben Stidwell, Dan Stidwell, Jamie Thomson ©, Hugh Howlett, Frazer Cumming, Jordan Adlard, Charles Young, Liam Eddy, Mark Goldsworthy, James Miller.

Subs: Ash Stidwell, Fred Conway, Chris Strike, Nigel Thwaites, Kegan McPhilbin, Shaun Parker, Mikey Davies

Porthleven - ??? Geach, Darren Roberston, Jowan Shainberg, Jamie Burr, Dominic Batchelor, Luke Hunter, Chris Morris, Dan Greet, Robbie Robinson, Ryan Trathen, Fred Williams.

Subs: Nathan Roberts, Sam Freeman, Matt Dawson, Scott Toy

Referee: Mr Kevin Knowles

Guest smashing pumpkin

Very one sided game against a young Porthleven side who will struggle unless they had a bit more experience to their side. Helston have a very strong squad and played some good football. Decent crowd should of hopefully helped to raise good money for a great cause.

I dont think Porthlevan will struggle this season, although Helston was obvisly the better side last night 3 of their goals came in the last 15minutes

maybe because Helston had a very big squad and was able to bring on fresh legs and Porthlevan had a smaller squad and couldnt make as many changes

so were a bit more fresher. Helston have a quality squad right through, but Porthlevan have very good youngsters and are in the capable hands of John Dent and co

so i think they will be ok next season.

I for one have never played in or watched a Helston Porthlevan derby, and had heard they could get quiet feisty, but last nights match was played in the right way

and a pleasure to play in, evan if I did have to pick the ball out the net 6 times.