Cornwall Football Forum

Money Man

Money Man,

I noticed on Friday nights game you were stood in the Newquay dug out, wearing Newquay track suit?

What ever happened to you commercially managing both football clubs?

I wonder if you'd like to elaborate on the real reasons behind your decision to leave St.Austell?

After all your hard work surely it would've made sense to stay and watch the club grow towards success, or is there an underlying issue that us fans are unaware of?

Hi Bushy12, Your right I was in the Newquay dugout on Friday.

I had 5 great years at St Austell, myself and the committee many of whom are still there pulled that club from a shambolic situation into a club St Austell fans and players can be proud of, I stood in the Newquay dugout on Friday and I must say I was immensely proud of what St Austell has achieved, some of it with my help yes, but mostly as a team that all pulled together to achieve nothing short of a miracle.

Leaving St Austell was my decision and mine only. There was no underlying issue, I had worked hard and achieved unrivalled success commercially for the club, It was just time to move on and try and see if I can have success at another club namely Newquay, doing the role for both clubs is impossible and St Austell have in Lea Cooper and James Hutchings a very good team, trust me the place looks better now I am not there!!.

Newquay is an equally massive club and for years was not performing commercially, they have a great future ahead and it was something that Pete the chairman sold to me. Although it’s a difficult position to hold at any club, the businesses in Newquay are buying into the idea and money/donations are starting to come in.

I learnt a lot at St Austell and I will continue to support them from the bottom of my heart, what has been achieved there in the last 5 years is unbelievable and I thank the club for giving me the opportunity to help them, but now I am at Newquay and believe me we have ALOT of hard work ahead.

Good luck this season St Austell and I will continue to follow all the hard work and results these coming seasons.

Regards

Money Man

James Chapman

I'd suggest that every club needs a 'Money Man' - quite possibly one of Newquays best signings, certainly shaking things up around the place. Looking at Poltair on Friday, the 'new' St Austell club have come a long way in the last few years, they have a sound footing to take things on. Only time will tell if they have the right people in place to ensure stability long term - which must be the aim of every club if they are to survive and succeed.

All the best to Penzance by the way, I hope they find their own 'money man' rather than a sugar daddy.

Excellent response Chappers.It is clear you have helped St Austell hugely and the current committee are continuing the work you began.Newquay have been astute in getting you on board and if you can stabilise their finances they certainly have the management team to move the club towards bigger and better things.

Best Wishes to you and all at Newquay.