Cornwall Football Forum

Dale Godding on TV tonight St Austell v Bodmin

I had no idea this was happening - well done to Cornwall Channel TV and good luck to Dale. Nemesis is right, this is exactly the service that we need down here - lets give as much support as we can and hope the game is a spectacle (in football terms of course). At least we won't have to put up with banal match analysis from any of the muppets on MotD or Sky :)

On another thread there was concern that with both St Austell and St Blazey playing on the same evening or Saturday it could well affect attendances, doesn't anyone think that live coverage of local games will have the same effect on attendances as its so much easier to sit at home in the warm than go out to a local game when it's pouring with rain and freezing cold, just a thought

Maybe charging a small fee in future if this does happen to take off, then splitting the cost between club and streaming channel. Just a thought. Obviously I'm just throwing ideas out there. It would benefit clubs, streaming channels and also supporters who can't make it.

Maybe charging a small fee in future if this does happen to take off, then splitting the cost between club and streaming channel. Just a thought. Obviously I'm just throwing ideas out there. It would benefit clubs, streaming channels and also supporters who can't make it.

Good idea in theory but I think the appeal of the streaming is the fact it is free. If you were to start charging to view streaming people may just prefer to watch a midweek premier league game on sky sports (which they have already subscribed to) or a champions league game on itv.

May appeal to die hard peninsular football supporters, but the die hards tend to go to the ground to watch a game live

Could have a future though, good to see enterprising people looking for ways to improve football in the county and open it to a wider audience.

The web live coverage is not going to make any difference at all to attendances, if you want to go to a game, you will go. If your side is playing, you will go. If there is a charge to watch online, the channel will go bust, no one will pay to watch another club that they would not normally have an interest in. CC-Live are trying to drag Cornwall into this Century, they are trying something new, they need advertising to cover costs. Tonights match is brought to you by a Curry House.

Clubs won't charge them, any advertising live on the web can only be good, even better if it is almost 2 hours long and free. The only proviso I would add, is that if for example, it was a club A v club B and the latter advertised that they would show the live game in their clubhouse, that is a different kettle of fish.

Crack on !

Just decided to watch the live stream - only to see some woeful Bodmin defending result in Nanks hitting a seemingly tame shot from the corner of the box only for Miller to let the ball roll through his legs! Probably a good job there wasn't a replay!!

...just tuned in again and Miller has had another howler, luckily for him Lee Whetter missed from close range!

Just to clear things up, the ref was called over by the linesman after awarding the penalty to be advised it wasn't a penalty as the St.Austell defender got the ball. The referee replied "it's too late, I've given it now..." brilliant.

The second goal came from a Bodmin free kick that was awarded when a St.Austell player was pulled to the ground. A huge cheer from the St.Austell fans when St.Austell finally were awarded something was muted when the ref amazingly awarded the free kick to Bodmin. The free kick was cleared for a throw in, to which Bodmin then scored.

Bodmin are a class side, and will more than likely go on to win the title again. Just a shame good competitive games of football are being spoilt by what can only be described as horrendous decisions!

Just to clear things up, the ref was called over by the linesman after awarding the penalty to be advised it wasn't a penalty as the St.Austell defender got the ball. The referee replied "it's too late, I've given it now..." brilliant.

The second goal came from a Bodmin free kick that was awarded when a St.Austell player was pulled to the ground. A huge cheer from the St.Austell fans when St.Austell finally were awarded something was muted when the ref amazingly awarded the free kick to Bodmin. The free kick was cleared for a throw in, to which Bodmin then scored.

Bodmin are a class side, and will more than likely go on to win the title again. Just a shame good competitive games of football are being spoilt by what can only be described as horrendous decisions!

Appalling decisions!

Thanks for your best wishes. Never commentated past 30 seconds before. Didn't help that directly it got dark I couldn't see any notes. Cracking game great advert for local football! You are right this really is the way to go. regarding other games a list is being made but it is expensive and Shane who runs the Cornwall Channel is looking for ways to fund the operation. Thoughts? Cheers. Dale.