Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Results & Tables - Monday 27 August 2012

Hayle 2-2 helston

hayle 2-0 up quite easily could of been three but one disallowed for chris bullock who unluckily then down to 10 after chris bullock sent off at 38ish mins for not a redworthy challenge, hayle played to exemplary standard with and after the redcarded player.

They held there own right up to last 3 mins where helston drilled in a shot from 6 yards equalising, helston must b pleased to salvage a point seen them play alot better than todays performance, that being said hayle really did impress today an deserved more

Ps lino from hayle wiv moustach flagged a helston goal as offside clearly not, the ref went over to speak the lino admitted he made a mistake but the goal was not given....... The refs performance v odd for swpl

hayle should have gone in 3-0 at half time. helston lino made a mistake a few minutes earlier, for which he got a rollicking from the helston bench, then tried making up for it by disallowing hayles third goal for offside!!!!! which it clearly was'nt. he then failed to flag when helstons goalie picked the ball up outside the box. So between him and some of the refs decissions helston were very lucky. the ref seemed to listen to every shout that came from the helston bench {although i've been told you could hear them down in the middle of town} hayle had a player sent off for a so called stamp called for by helstons bench, and the ref gave it. very poor display by the ref, if he just gave a yellow and the sides were even i don't think helston would have scored at all. well done ref, lino and helston bench

CSWPL DIVISION ONE WEST MON AUG 27

Hayle 2 - 2 Helston

Penryn 4 - 1 Porthleven

1 Helston 4 3 1 0 22 4 18 10

2 Godolphin 3 3 0 0 10 3 7 9

3 Penryn 4 2 1 1 10 6 4 7

4 Hayle 4 2 1 1 7 4 3 7

5 Dobwalls 2 2 0 0 9 6 3 6

6 Perranporth 2 1 0 1 6 3 3 3

7 St Dennis 1 1 0 0 3 2 1 3

8 Callington 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3

9 Sticker 3 1 0 2 5 8 -3 3

10 Mousehole 3 1 0 2 4 10 -6 3

11 Porthleven 3 1 0 2 2 9 -7 3

12 VospersOV 3 0 1 2 2 4 -2 1

13 Wadebridge 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

14 Truro City 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

15 Holsworthy 2 0 0 2 3 6 -3 0

16 Foxhole 3 0 0 3 4 21 -17 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

CSWPL DIVISION ONE EAST MON AUG 27

ExeterCS 3 - 1 Axminster

Teignmouth 3 - 3 Stoke Gabriel

1 Tots&Darts 3 2 1 0 10 4 6 7

2 Budleigh 3 2 1 0 5 3 2 7

3 Teignmouth 4 2 1 1 8 7 1 7

4 Okehampton 3 2 0 1 10 6 4 6

5 NewtonSpurs 3 2 0 1 5 3 2 6

6 ExeterCS 4 2 0 2 8 12 -4 6

7 StokeG 3 1 1 1 10 5 5 4

8 Axminster 3 1 1 1 6 4 2 4

9 Exmouth 2 1 1 0 4 2 2 4

10 Galmpton 2 1 0 1 2 3 -1 3

11 Alphington 2 1 0 1 2 4 -2 3

12 Plymstock 2 0 1 1 2 3 -1 1

13 University 2 0 1 1 3 7 -4 1

14 Crediton 1 0 0 1 2 4 -2 0

15 Appledore 2 0 0 2 0 2 -2 0

16 Sidmouth 3 0 0 3 1 9 -8 0

hayle should have gone in 3-0 at half time. helston lino made a mistake a few minutes earlier, for which he got a rollicking from the helston bench, then tried making up for it by disallowing hayles third goal for offside!!!!! which it clearly was'nt. he then failed to flag when helstons goalie picked the ball up outside the box. So between him and some of the refs decissions helston were very lucky. the ref seemed to listen to every shout that came from the helston bench {although i've been told you could hear them down in the middle of town} hayle had a player sent off for a so called stamp called for by helstons bench, and the ref gave it. very poor display by the ref, if he just gave a yellow and the sides were even i don't think helston would have scored at all. well done ref, lino and helston bench

Two red cards in 4 games for Hayle, could be an expensive season and i'm sure the ref is going to get the blame for all the other red cards you get.

A big well done to the management and players at Hayle today.To have kept your composure and played so well today despite the conditions and decisions that went against you,you do deserve credit .To have had to defend a 2-0 lead that should have been 3 with 10 men ("i,ve seen more violence on peppa-pig)" for over an hour was brilliant.Goalscorers were Gary Bell and Chris Bullock but plenty of hero.s out there today.

A hard start which continues at cally on sat,so keep up the good work.

Stop blaming the referee's. we all see things differently, so do they, and remember they see the game from a different angle to us.

From where we stand some things look obvious, but thats only from our view point, the referee only has one view point and that can look totally opposite to ours.Just look at the replays on tv.

When they do get it wrong, cut some slack - we ain't perfect, thats why I chose my monicker. At my age now I don't think I ever made a mistake in a game of footy - YEAH!!!!!

I didn't see the stamping incident but zeilly05 you say there wasn't a stamp then you say 'That STAMP wouldn't of squashed a spider', it must of been the fact that he tried to stamp and that should not be tolerated on any football pitch. Don't pipe up again and say but it wasn't a stamp after your last post. Your last post is a strange one, and shows the intent was there for a stamp and surely the red card must be shown if the player tried to stamp on another player. You mention the tackle from Howlett, but did you not forget the 'tackle' or 2 footed lunge from Ross Duncan where he received a yellow? 2 footed is 2 footed but lets not mention that one hey? Also the comment about the goalkeeper picking it up, it was inside his area and I was right there!!! Absolutely no chance of that ball being outside of the area.

It was not an enjoyable game to be involved in, with the weather conditions and we have had two tough games in 3 days. Cally v Hayle will be a cracker may I add.

every person at Trevassack park watching that game know in thier hearts Hayle deserved to win today,

helston bench got bullock sent off with out a doubt.... matey trying to kill palmer was okey though. . all over them 1st half even when we went down to 10 men. would have been 3.0 but for your lino...... shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. as for us playing like st just and st ives, i think you should show a little more respect buddy. they play good football. so do we... your no better or bigger than Hayle.

sorry if im sounding bitter but every neutral will agree with me when i say we were ROBBED!!!!!!!

Again you're banging on about the goal you had disallowed.. Looked pretty tight from where I was standing, what about the goal that never was from Helston? Running around a defender to get the ball and then score is not offside, did you forget that one? Never seen a more onside goal that wasn't given.. It's easy for the Lino to say 'I made a mistake' after the goal was disallowed, disgraceful.

every person at Trevassack park watching that game know in thier hearts Hayle deserved to win today,

helston bench got bullock sent off with out a doubt.... matey trying to kill palmer was okey though. . all over them 1st half even when we went down to 10 men. would have been 3.0 but for your lino...... shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. as for us playing like st just and st ives, i think you should show a little more respect buddy. they play good football. so do we... your no better or bigger than Hayle.

sorry if im sounding bitter but every neutral will agree with me when i say we were ROBBED!!!!!!!

Right Can someone from Helston tell me the name of the person who ran on from the bench with a red card and sent Bullock off and yes you do sound very bitter. You caught Helston on a bad day mate and managed a draw. instead of blaming everyone else why not blame Bullock for getting sent off and letting the team down. Helston had a player sent off on Saturday have they blamed the ref on this forum.

Not sure how helston can bang on about their dissallowed goal. The whistle went early and players stopped, both myself and the keeper. So matey runnin thru after whistle passin the ball into an empty net with no keeper. By no means a goal. Hayle dissallowed goal whistle was blown after ball was in the net. Big difference.

To which the linesman replied "oh yeah sorry lads, I made a mistake there" - a fortuitous one for Hayle though as the ref has no option but to blow his whistle for the 'offside'. Decision, Hayle free kick but should it have been a drop ball as the lino has already admitted an error? I don't know the answer as play had already been stopped by the ref. Discuss.

All this bitching really needs to stop. I played in the game yesterday and thought it was a very good game. There was a couple of decisions that went against both sides, some of the people that are making ridiculous comments on here didn't even play or watch yesterday. Python you say that helston wasn't at there best but do you not think that had anything to do with the way hayle played. I think so. Why doesn't everybody stop going on about things that might have been and just let the football do the talking in the return leg in 2 weeks time. Wat a cracker it is going to be. I personally can't wait.

All this bitching really needs to stop. I played in the game yesterday and thought it was a very good game. There was a couple of decisions that went against both sides, some of the people that are making ridiculous comments on here didn't even play or watch yesterday. Python you say that helston wasn't at there best but do you not think that had anything to do with the way hayle played. I think so. Why doesn't everybody stop going on about things that might have been and just let the football do the talking in the return leg in 2 weeks time. Wat a cracker it is going to be. I personally can't wait.

Well said that man! :yahoo:

Despite the rain which almost never relented for the whole 90 minutes, I thought it was a match well worth watching. Irrespective of decisions not always going the way people want, on the pitch it looked as if the game was played in a good spirit.

Yes, it was a shame that Hayle had a player sent off as it meant in the second half it was always going to be a struggle, playing against the wind and legs tiring. However, they stuck to their guns but in the end you have to also give Helston credit too for coming back and salvaging a point. We all know at times how difficult it can be to play against 10 men.

Unfortunately some of the posts read here by people who were not at the game will give them the idea that the game was spoilt by a couple of decisions, but actually that's wrong - it was a good game of football to watch and so I suggest you take Fraser's advice and get along to the return match in a couple of weeks.

Support your local football - don't knock it so much!

Think Helston had a fair few decisions against them today too! The officials were shocking.

Not the wisest think for a Helston player to say on an open forum. Could it be considered to be bringing the game in to disrepute?

not when compared to alot of the dross that gets written on here and on the other forums, think we all need to have a big hug :thumbsup: :c:

I didn't see the stamping incident but zeilly05 you say there wasn't a stamp then you say 'That STAMP wouldn't of squashed a spider', it must of been the fact that he tried to stamp and that should not be tolerated on any football pitch. Don't pipe up again and say but it wasn't a stamp after your last post. Your last post is a strange one, and shows the intent was there for a stamp and surely the red card must be shown if the player tried to stamp on another player. You mention the tackle from Howlett, but did you not forget the 'tackle' or 2 footed lunge from Ross Duncan where he received a yellow? 2 footed is 2 footed but lets not mention that one hey? Also the comment about the goalkeeper picking it up, it was inside his area and I was right there!!! Absolutely no chance of that ball being outside of the area.

It was not an enjoyable game to be involved in, with the weather conditions and we have had two tough games in 3 days. Cally v Hayle will be a cracker may I add.

Think Helston had a fair few decisions against them today too! The officials were shocking.

Not the wisest think for a Helston player to say on an open forum. Could it be considered to be bringing the game in to disrepute?

not when compared to alot of the dross that gets written on here and on the other forums, think we all need to have a big hug :thumbsup::c:

Best solution there Scoffs.